da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

jordan 1s might as well get the Chuck Taylor treatment. If Nike were smart. Release them every year at $100 a pop and they'd loom off it

that didn't work for chuck taylor in da long run...you forgot Converse went bankrupt and Nike bought em?

Anything dope that Nike releases you have to get lucky and jump through a bunch of hoops. I'm not doing that for a bunch of cheap pieces of leather and glue. I'll try on SNKRS app if it's something I want and if I don't hit them so be it. I'm not doing all the extra **** for some fake leather and glue. Y'all can keep that.

Pretty much this, I'm not going out of my way to cop some overpriced shoe that the market is manipulating.

Realistically it was difficult to cop dunk sb's after the supra craze, and that was 2001 or 02? It's about time people chilled on the over hype, took long enough.

Anything dope that Nike releases you have to get lucky and jump through a bunch of hoops. I'm not doing that for a bunch of cheap pieces of leather and glue. I'll try on SNKRS app if it's something I want and if I don't hit them so be it. I'm not doing all the extra **** for some fake leather and glue. Y'all can keep that.

Yeah, last shoe I wanted was the aj1 black and blue. Sites were selling out or putting you in a queue after 2 seconds of trying to order. That's just ridiculous.

Does Nike have anything hot that's not retros right now besides the Vapormax?
General consumer > sneakerheads. The Pegasus, Roshe, Free Run, Monarch, etc. are all doing really well and Nike alone makes up about 50% of most stores' sales while everybody else is about 10% and under.

Bubble be bursting but I gotta work to get a pair of ****ing Air Max 97s in 2017.

idk how those got "soooo hawt" all of a sudden :lol:

they dropped when da navy blue low XIII's...i still got my hall of air pair so I didn't need em bit they were available & obtainable.

The market is being flooded by everyone and it's over saturated. You have limited releases from Nike, Adidas, Saucony, Asics releasing limited joints. And then you have their regular releases.

You might get 10-20 different colorways of a Jordan, Lebron, Kyrie.

The Vapor Max was just released what, five months ago. You have to have 15 different colorways already.

It's pretty much any sneaker company now. Everything consortium or ultra limited you have to get a bot, plug or be online or by your phone 24/7.

To me it isn't even just about Jordan, Nike can make decent looking/good performing shoes, set the perfect price, but then they do something sooooooo damn dumb. Perfect example, I love the PG1, thought it was the perfect price, right quantities, not ugly, etc....

So the PG1 Shinings hit, and what does Nike do, they make only 12,000 pairs or some bs like that. When they went live on SNKRS they were already sold out, never made sense to me. And because of the little number stamped on the side resellers were pushing them for up to $500 and there was just no way in hell I would pay that.

The one thing I was hoping for with this increased competition was more inspired designs by Nike. I've yet to see anything "new". Every shoe that they produce looks the same and has flyknit. Enough already. Why does a sock with a sole run $150+?? The same actually goes for adidas. Was there any real difference between the ultraboosts 1, 2, and 3? I couldn't tell. innovation is just more then the cushioning.

Does Nike have anything hot that's not retros right now besides the Vapormax?
You do realize Jordan brand is only a small fraction of the money Nike makes right? Their apparel and running shoes more than double what Jordan brand and Nike basketball bring in. Honestly on a list of priorities it's probably 3rd or fourth. Middle age moms spend more money on workout gear than we spend on jays, yezzy's, and any other popular sneaker you can think of.

I shoudl've specified footwear wise, I know they make a lot of money selling all that tech fleece/techknit apparel, they have some nice apparel but they're all priced pretty high so i know the margins got to be nice for them

You do realize Jordan brand is only a small fraction of the money Nike makes right? Their apparel and running shoes more than double what Jordan brand and Nike basketball bring in. Honestly on a list of priorities it's probably 3rd or fourth. Middle age moms spend more money on workout gear than we spend on jays, yezzy's, and any other popular sneaker you can think of.

I shoudl've specified footwear wise, I know they make a lot of money selling all that tech fleece/techknit apparel, they have some nice apparel but they're all priced pretty high so i know the margins got to be nice for them
Even in footwear their running shoes are crushing everything out there in sales. They give you Jordans when you're young, so you can buy Pegasus when you're old:lol:

With Amazon selling Nike in the near future due to their agreement, stores like Footlocker, Finishline, etc will start closing down in the next 5-10 years.

Back
Top Bottom