da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

Raising prices worked for a while and hurt the resell game. All their products just go on sale for what retail used to be and people think they're getting a steal.

The tricky part there is that once they sit that long, the demand is usually pretty low and you can wait it out and get them for even less than old retail.

I love IIIs and the last couple I've gotten have been for pretty low dough.

The 1's still go though.

But that probably hurts the retailer more than it hurts Nike sneaker for sneaker.

Though that will hurt Nike in the long run with retailers.

Might be why they did that Amazon deal.

Last edited:
Anyone mention that Nike also started charging $30 more?

$40+ if you add in tax

That's OD. While yes people were still copping at a high price point a lot of us knew it wasn't gonna last

The days of people constantly spending $200 on a pair of shoes every week is done, has nothing to do with design since right now adidas and Nike got some nice stuff out but prices are OD

You can only keep re releasing the same shoes every few years so much before the demand drops.

The price increases suck. I've been hearing the quality on recent releases is better but I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's in years so I can't speak on that one. It's crazy though because when the vi's and xi's retroed in 2000, the price was the same as when they initially came up.

Where the price increases really hurt is with the non og colorway retros. Those pairs tend to sit, where if they were $30-40 less initially, they would likely sell better.

I think their bread and butter customer base getting older hurts them as well. Most of us, late 20's and early 30's have different priorities other than sneakers at this point in life and for the younger heads the nostalgia isn't there on a co

I'm all for it honestly. I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's since the space jams(haven't even took them out of the box smh) and I mainly wear runners and casual kicks when I'm not in dress shoes. I'm 32 so I've had all of the Jordans that Have released aldready some pairs 2-3 times. My love for kicks will never go away, but my priorities changed a few years ago so Nike ain't getting 200 plus from me anymore. If they go on sale and I can get them cool, but gone are the days of buying every pair just because I have disposable income to waste. I'd rather keep that $.

One day I was cleaning one of my closets and realized I had over 10 pair of shoes that I purchased in that calendar year that had yet to be worn or even tried on.

Stan Smiths for $50 in multiple colors is all I need, unless it's cement 3,4s and Chicago 1 :rofl:

Every limited desirable shoe Jordan drops can only be copped in NY, Chi, LA. After alienating your loyal customers for so long on limited shoes they have moved on. Look at the off white 1's 97% of the country can't even try to strike out so why bother keeping settling for another bred 13?
Psny
Kaws
Off white
Just Don
OVO
88's
DB's
Patent 1's
Atmos
All unattainable if you live outside of those cities. Why stay loyal to a brand who shows you zero love?

lmaoooo

way to relocate your funds snowflake

i remember when cats were paying 700+ for lebron's south beach pink and teal joints :sick::rofl:
adidas ****ed the game up...they flooded the market.
can't believe cats used to be camping out for sneakers smh

What's really going on here. Can someone set up a gofundme for my guy? NT has migrated to about 5 different platforms and no cuban is in sight. We need to see my guy flourish. :pimp:

TBH my collection will be complete once the shadows drop ..already got the banneds/royals out of the way

What's really going on here. Can someone set up a gofundme for my guy? NT has migrated to about 5 different platforms and no cuban is in sight. We need to see my guy flourish. :pimp:
It's kind of embarrassing at this point. He's a grown man almost near 40 living in a rent controlled apartment. You really can't afford a Cuban yet with all these devices used to save money?

jordan 1s might as well get the Chuck Taylor treatment. If Nike were smart. Release them every year at $100 a pop and they'd loom off it.

Nike doesn't even have a stronghold hold over the football market anymore. I just realized that. Under Armour and Adidas are doing great in college football, as well as the NFL.

Anything dope that Nike releases you have to get lucky and jump through a bunch of hoops. I'm not doing that for a bunch of cheap pieces of leather and glue. I'll try on SNKRS app if it's something I want and if I don't hit them so be it. I'm not doing all the extra **** for some fake leather and glue. Y'all can keep that.

Back
Top Bottom