da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

Y'all cats just realizing this? I remember distinctly back in '15 and '16 that the Aquas, cement 4's, Maroon 6's, Hare 7's and Metallic 5's all sat... Hard. This ish isn't anything new to Me. And I dont feel like this is bad in anyway. Apparently the Yeezy/Boost resale market is falling off too I heard.. My boost heads can clarify that for me

If it's not under $70, I'm not coppin. I got enough shoes that I don't ever need a pair again. People don't have self control or patience.

There's a couple reasons sneakers fell off... but talking about Nike specifically....

1) They should have paid Kanye the Royalties. He was the hype train conductor.
Kanye's venture with adidas isnt some huge revolution, but for Nike it was a giant loss. The Yeezy 2s were a Halo product that added value to all their other sneakers. From Doernbechers > Yeezy 1 > Galaxy Foam > Yeezy 2, the shoe game transformed. That hype train turned a sneaker that cost maybe $40 to produce into a collectable item that people pay used Honda car prices for. It was absurd. People were doing scavenger hunts, camping, paying for other store merchandise, raffles, everything just to grab a pair. Nike was so greedy they just couldn't bare to pay Kanye his due.

While you can argue that Nike should have kept him, the idea that the Yeezy 2 was a product that added "value" to Nike's other products is absurd considering Nike basically built that model LONG before the Yeezy 2.

The Kanye thing is such a simple way of looking at this dynamic too. Adidas poached Nike's designers. Other brands did collabs that flourished. There are so many factors at work here but I already know how this goes :lol:

I've been buying more vans lately, I still like sneakers, but as a 40 year old, just too much to keep up with, weekly. Plus I prefer the versatility of vans, not too much about the money, even though prices are kind of high, I have to buy shoes for my son so my disposable income for sneakers goes towards him. I'm glad it's turning out this way because people who want a particular shoe can get them now without overpaying.

This too.

I can't for the life of me understand how they can justify charging more and more for Jordans that have zero technical advancement and the same **** materials.

I won 4 pairs of the metallic 5s last year and they sat (in stores) for a good 3 months..got rid of all of them and only broke even completely..they are sick as hell but the whole $30 markup messed everything up lol

As much as people get into this whole Nike/Adidas thing, Adidas can still be pricey.

Which is is why brands like New Balance and Asics have done very well for themselves.

I saw a study recently that said the Gel Lyte III was the most popular sneaker on IG. I can't find in now though. I do remember that the sample size was pretty small, but was still surprised to see that.

Here's the study I mentioned....

https://venngage.com/blog/brands-sneakerheads-love/

Jordan 1s were $70-75 in 1985... 3s were $100 in 88' and 2001. 11s were $125 in 1996...

Nike on some s_ man. No way justifying these new prices. Plus, a lot of this generation of sneaker consumers never saw Jordan or other signature Nike athletes from the 80s/90s play so, they have no sentimental value. Nike better change their game plan.

This too.

I can't for the life of me understand how they can justify charging more and more for Jordans that have zero technical advancement and the same **** materials.

They most definitely can charged 30 more. That's not the issue. The issue is the frequency in which they release kicks now. **** is ridiculous. Literally every week there's a release. I'm sure their analytics people kept an eye on the resale market and thought they could/should get a bite out of it.

Jordan 1s were $70-75 in 1985... 3s were $100 in 88' and 2001. 11s were $125 in 1996...

Nike on some s_ man. No way justifying these new prices. Plus, a lot of this generation of sneaker consumers never saw Jordan or other signature Nike athletes from the 80s/90s play so, they have no sentimental value. Nike better change their game plan.

Actually $75 in 85 = $175 today. So...yea. Inflation.

They most definitely can charged 30 more. That's not the issue. The issue is the frequency in which they release kicks now. **** is ridiculous. Literally every week there's a release. I'm sure their analytics people kept an eye on the resale market and thought they could/should get a bite out of it.

Of course they "can". Whether or not it's wise is another story.

And since it's been discussed by multiple people in here now, it just might be part of the issue.

naw i been rebalanced my consumption percentages.

lately i been coppin more jerseys and ramping up for my cuban.
lmaoooo

way to relocate your funds snowflake

i remember when cats were paying 700+ for lebron's south beach pink and teal joints :sick::rofl:
adidas ****ed the game up...they flooded the market.
can't believe cats used to be camping out for sneakers smh

Back
Top Bottom