Dallas Peeps Back At It

Originally Posted by T21D

Originally Posted by YoungSole93

Originally Posted by T21D

Originally Posted by YoungSole93

****BTW: LBJ is going to be in the sdc in dallas next year.
You're half right. Highly unlikely but would be nice if Lebron participated. As far as ticket prices are concerned, the jam sessions, east/west practices, D league/ rookie-sophmore allstar game are all reasonably priced. Besides, one of YOUR own has connects. The actual skills/slamdunk/and allstar game are where you're gonna get your eyes poked out. It's not impossible if you got the cash, but I'd rather watch it on the boob tube.
Im right. They said it right after Nate Robinson won. I know what I heard.... I hope. Why do you think it took him so long to join?
As Ucasta said ^^^ plus add the fact if it depends on how they're doing playoff wise. All you need is one mishap by doing something stupid and the season's over. That's what happened to Gil Zero during the Vegas Allstars. Fool was trying one of those mascot trampoline dunks and landed wrong. The rest is history. Besides I wouldn't exactly believe everything THEY(reporters) say. But if Lebron wants to be on the same level as Jordan ( which he never will be or anyone else) he has to at least participate in a dunk contest.
Perhaps.. We shall see.

By thursday. Mavericks will have let go of J Ho and Stackhouse. And we will get K. Dooling, E. Najera, and VINCE CARTER! Done deal.

Just a heads up.

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

we should all get tickets to the all star game next yr.!!!!!!i wanna see every single event!!!!!..

That sounds like a great plan, but how do you go about getting them..

Is it preference to season ticket holders b/c if so <----they are a lock for me...or is it a lottery

I looked around ebay and stubhub and tickets for tonights ASG are going for thousands of dollars...Like T21D said that would be boob tube material

Originally Posted by bc60997

we should all get tickets to the all star game next yr.!!!!!!i wanna see every single event!!!!!..

That sounds like a great plan, but how do you go about getting them..

Is it preference to season ticket holders b/c if so <----they are a lock for me...or is it a lottery

I looked around ebay and stubhub and tickets for tonights ASG are going for thousands of dollars...Like T21D said that would be boob tube material
dont forget that the stadiam there playing right now in arizona only holds like 30,000 , the dallas cowboy stadiam can hold about 100,000 ..sothere will be plenty of room . trust me.the all-star is not like the superbowl.

all of the events leading up to the game are being held at the AAC, the actual ASG is gonna be at the new cowboys stadium. i heard a few weeks back that theywere thinking about making the allstar scene last a WEEK, not a weekend. that would be insane!

oh....... and IMO the dunk contest was lame, nate using howard as a jumping pad was the best. i miss the days of the last best contest, anyone remember 2000and Vinsanity!?
eek.gif

^^^He's right. The ASG will be held at the new cowboys stadium, but the good seats go to big corporate sposors. Mark Cuban wanted something for the seasonticket holders and fans, so all the peripheral events will take place at the AAC. Of course, expect events at the new stadium leading up to the big game, too.

i was just watching the game, and the dude was talking to ..i forgot who and said the its gonna be at the dallas cowboys stadiam.

From DallasNews.com

[h2]Cuban wants to put on one-of-a-kind All-StarGame[/h2][h5][size=-1]11:42 PM CDT on Thursday, October 30, 2008

[/size][/h5]
[size=-1]Mavericks owner Mark Cuban wants to throw "the biggest event this country has everseen."[/size]

[size=-1]NBA commissioner David Stern has somewhat more modest goals for the 2010 All-Star Game, which will beplayed at the new Cowboys' stadium that February.[/size]

[size=-1]"I don't know what the largest crowd ever to see a basketball game in the United Statesis," Stern said Thursday. "I think it's about 78,000. We're going to top that. If Mark wants to push it to 100,000, God blesshim."[/size]

[size=-1]Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the stadium could easily handle that crowd, adding that "the courtwill literally be on the star."[/size]

[size=-1]There was no limit to the excitement of the franchise owners and the league as the announcement was madeat Victory Plaza before the Mavericks opened their season against the Houston Rockets.

[/size]

[size=-1]Cuban said he wants to put on a show that has never been equaled.[/size]

[size=-1]"There ain't no party like a D-FW party," Cuban said.[/size]

[size=-1]"I don't think people realize this is the country's largest weekend destination byfar," he said, referring to the NBA All-Star weekend. "It's amazing, and you don't really understand it until you go toone."[/size]

[size=-1]Mavericks' president Terdema Ussery was the guiding force behind the scenes. He worked more than 14months, planting the first seed with the NBA that the Mavs were interested in hosting the event.[/size]

[size=-1]While the All-Star Game will be in Arlington, virtually all the other events will be in Dallas. TheFriday night and Saturday night festivities will be at American Airlines Center. The Fan Jam will be at the Dallas ConventionCenter.[/size]

[size=-1]The league also envisions a series of events starting early in 2009 that would serve as momentum builderstoward the big weekend, which will bring thousands of visitors from the sporting, fashion and entertainment industries.[/size]

[size=-1]Stern said the partnership of Jones and Cuban is unique.[/size]

[size=-1]"We have a very good working relationship with the NFL, but this was very much a localcollaboration," Stern said. "I'm very proud that Jerry and Mark and the NBA could work together on doing it.[/size]

[size=-1]"This is not part of some larger blueprint because who knows what the next improvement will be. Butthis is a pretty big step, and it's going to be a lot of fun."[/size]

[size=-1]FILLING UP FAST[/size]

[size=-1]Events confirmed for the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington after it opens in2009:[/size]

[size=-1]September 2009: Cowboys' first home game[/size]

[size=-1]Oct. 3, 2009: Texas A&M vs. Arkansas (football)[/size]

[size=-1]December 2009: Big 12 football championship[/size]

[size=-1]Jan. 2, 2010: AT&T Cotton Bowl[/size]

[size=-1]February 2010: NBA All-Star Game[/size]

[size=-1]Feb. 6, 2011: Super Bowl XLV[/size]

[size=-1]Oct. 5, 2013: Notre Dame vs. Arizona State (football)[/size]

nice...so whos down to go to all the events during all star week???......i mean real talk , you only live one life and plus its the first all-star game indallas.and im going no matter what.

nice...so whos down to go to all the events during all star week???......i mean real talk , you only live one life and plus its the first all-star game in dallas.and im going no matter what.

ME, I will be there next year at the all Star game ! Count me in

I'm down to go. Altho I am saving up for the World Cup next year. Now thats REAL talk there son.

Also, any updates on any shops. Anyone make any trips this weekend?

Also, K20, I think if all goes well I'm copping those Warhawks and Hufs tomorrow. Like Whoa!

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

I'm down to go. Altho I am saving up for the World Cup next year. Now thats REAL talk there son.

Also, any updates on any shops. Anyone make any trips this weekend?

Also, K20, I think if all goes well I'm copping those Warhawks and Hufs tomorrow. Like Whoa!

I am doing the same...I want to be in South Africa in 2010 for WC should be wild
pimp.gif

went to adikt on sat. copped two dope tees!!!!!!!
i've gotten some sick ones there too. Centre in Mockingbird Station has some nice ones too. Got one yesterday to go with my FOAMS!

Went to Grapevine, nothing special got some True R.'s outta Off 5th...went to Parks, copped a Rockies fitted for the foams...

Back
Top Bottom