Darko Milicic having a NBA Championship Ring Unappreciation Post

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

What is even more scary is that Detroit couldve had Melo.
Trust me, it wouldnt have worked out. Not only did Melo have problems with Larry Brown in the olympics, but Carmelo plays no kind of defense and thatswhat the pistons are built on. Melo would have thrown their whole chemistry off, been put on the bench, and ended up being a bust in the league.

roll.gif

Someone make a FAIL .gif out of this.

Definitely unappreciated. There are plenty of other dudes who are just like him that I don't appreciate. You know, those guys who either put in work theirwhole careers and can't get it done so they leave to championship contenders, or they just got lucky they were in the right place at the right time (a laDarko).

- Mitch Richmond (Lakers)
- Gary Payton (Heat) and then again when he tried to join Boston earlier this year
- Karl Malone (Didn't win on the Lakers but you guys get my gist)
- Samaki Walker (Lakers)
- Randy Brown (IMO the biggest douche of all for what he did to MJ in '96). They should've revoked his ring just for that.

Originally Posted by AF Writer

He The Detroit Pistons led on an entire city to believe he would become the next great thing only to be traded for a 2nd round draft pick and Kelvin Cato. To make things even worse, Melo, Bosh AND Wade were drafted after him. Give the Pistons eitehr one of these players and they'd be a dynasty right now. He The Detroit Pistons seriously ruined what would have been the best 1-5 draft in the history of the NBA.

Fixed it for you
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Definitely unappreciated. There are plenty of other dudes who are just like him that I don't appreciate. You know, those guys who either put in work their whole careers and can't get it done so they leave to championship contenders, or they just got lucky they were in the right place at the right time (a la Darko).

- Mitch Richmond (Lakers)
- Gary Payton (Heat) and then again when he tried to join Boston earlier this year
- Karl Malone (Didn't win on the Lakers but you guys get my gist)
- Samaki Walker (Lakers)
- Randy Brown (IMO the biggest douche of all for what he did to MJ in '96). They should've revoked his ring just for that.

I think Tracy Mcgrady will be the next on that list. I can see him going to a team like the spurs at the end of his career just to get a ring much likePayton.

does it really matter? the whole landscape of the nba would have been different if the pistons drafted someone else. im sure there have been bigger bums thathave gotten rings before. its not like he goes around flaunting it and saying how he won that championship

There are 10 - 12th men scattered throughout history that have rings that people think they dont "deserve" These are the players that are running theopponents plays during practice & pushing the stars during practice. They may not get the PT during the game but they are just as important to the team. Iwould kill to be practice dummy on championship team. Just think of Rudy. And Randy Brown was the second guard off the bench on those 3 chamionship teams hewas defensive monster when he played.

Originally Posted by AF Writer

His failure at life as well as basketball came from two reasons:
1) His addiction to coke.
Could you elaborate on this? I have a friend whos father is the head of vent planning at The Palace, and she told me that Darko often would getvisits from known big time dealers while at practice, eventually leading to Larry Brown accosting him and telling him to keep those types out of theirpractice.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Don't be mad at Darko, be mad at Joe Dumars for drafting him.

seriously, why do i get the feeling that some detroit fans blame larry brown for detroit drafting this guy along with his development while joe dumarsreceives little blame, is it because he put together that championship team in 04???

the only player that could have worked on that team would be bosh

melo--- no shot, plays no defense and would not have gotten time over prince
wade--- whats the point of having him when you have rip and chauncey running the team

bosh could have worked because he would been off the bench and would later start when big ben left

To answer the question "U MAD?", Yes, I am mad that this guy ever put on a red white and blue jersey.

Could you elaborate on this? I have a friend whos father is the head of vent planning at The Palace, and she told me that Darko often would get visits from known big time dealers while at practice, eventually leading to Larry Brown accosting him and telling him to keep those types out of their practice.
It's always been rumored that Darko was a coke head by people close to him. My best friends brothers roommate had an internship with thePistons when he attended UofM. He was at all the practices and games. He said Darko was a bum who never worked out after practice no matter how hard Ben wouldtry and get him to. He was lazy and lethargic during practice and couldn't handle a challenge. Anyways he said that word around the organization was thatDarko was becoming really involved with coke.

the grizzlies are gonna be a force to be reckoned with next year. i mean..they got 2 solid #1 and #2 picks! ...right? XD
seriously, dumars screwed up real bad on this one

This guy is actually a decent pro now. Not hating, dude was in the right place at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom