Dating someone who isn't "driven"

This is mostly modern American corporate *##@!#+#.

Career driven? So you want your potential wife to devote more time to her "career" than to you? That's really what it means.

Intelligent, rational (i.e. not petty), be able to cook and !#!%. Sounds perfect to me.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i couldn't do it...i know it would bother me so why even do it to myself...

i'm to young to be with someone who isn't driven anyways...i'm at that stage where i'm making plans/moves so anyone who doensnt have some type of drive (unless they are already established) wouldn't understand that...

Exactly. Not knowing what your next move is would be fine. However, having no drive is unacceptable. Especially since it's likely that I would be dating another minority.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i couldn't do it...i know it would bother me so why even do it to myself...

i'm to young to be with someone who isn't driven anyways...i'm at that stage where i'm making plans/moves so anyone who doensnt have some type of drive (unless they are already established) wouldn't understand that...

Exactly. Not knowing what your next move is would be fine. However, having no drive is unacceptable. Especially since it's likely that I would be dating another minority.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Can't do it.
That's what i am saying

i want my woman to have some motivation and want to embetter herself and always strives for the best.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Can't do it.
That's what i am saying

i want my woman to have some motivation and want to embetter herself and always strives for the best.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Most girls go for the non-goal oriented guys nowadays, so it''s the norm.

I'm use to it.

in 2011,

Bad guys > Good guys
that type of box will enable you..i personally need something to make me want to be better.
Haha, true.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Most girls go for the non-goal oriented guys nowadays, so it''s the norm.

I'm use to it.

in 2011,

Bad guys > Good guys
that type of box will enable you..i personally need something to make me want to be better.
Haha, true.

The situation you described op.. no way I'm giving up # dream girl..

Reality. . I had females that was not goal oriented @ first. . But I definitely motivated them..

The situation you described op.. no way I'm giving up # dream girl..

Reality. . I had females that was not goal oriented @ first. . But I definitely motivated them..

If you're driven and she's not, it's hard to connect on a serious level.

If you're driven and she's not, it's hard to connect on a serious level.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by CJ616

NT,  
How do you feel about dating someone who isn't exactly career driven?  Have you ever been in a situation where you love everything about your significant other (Personality, physical appearance, ..etc), but they just aren't up to par career-wise?  Do you consider it "shallow" to not want to date someone because of their career goals (lack thereof)?

I'm not in a situation like this, but this topic runs through my mind a lot, as a young college student.  I'm just looking for some different viewpoints.

Pics for the beasts.

NO. I consider it a wise LIFE DECISION. Dont want to mess around and get a girl like that pregnant... You'll come to reality real quick...

Just not too driven, right?

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
I'm just messing with you, bruh.

roll.gif

Ahhhhh!!!! You got me... She's coming back tomorrow to get the rest of her stuff
ohwell.gif

I still love her, but I had to let her go. We'll be ight tho!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by CJ616

NT,  
How do you feel about dating someone who isn't exactly career driven?  Have you ever been in a situation where you love everything about your significant other (Personality, physical appearance, ..etc), but they just aren't up to par career-wise?  Do you consider it "shallow" to not want to date someone because of their career goals (lack thereof)?

I'm not in a situation like this, but this topic runs through my mind a lot, as a young college student.  I'm just looking for some different viewpoints.

Pics for the beasts.

NO. I consider it a wise LIFE DECISION. Dont want to mess around and get a girl like that pregnant... You'll come to reality real quick...

Just not too driven, right?

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
I'm just messing with you, bruh.

roll.gif

Ahhhhh!!!! You got me... She's coming back tomorrow to get the rest of her stuff
ohwell.gif

I still love her, but I had to let her go. We'll be ight tho!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I believe a female who has no goals set for her life, is nothing more than laziness. That right there is a definite turn off for me. In the long run, I believe dating someone who has goals for their lives will benefit a relationship in the long run. I do not care if I'm dating the hottest chick in the world, if she doesn't have a career in making money and simply depending on me...I'm not down for that.

Co-sign.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I believe a female who has no goals set for her life, is nothing more than laziness. That right there is a definite turn off for me. In the long run, I believe dating someone who has goals for their lives will benefit a relationship in the long run. I do not care if I'm dating the hottest chick in the world, if she doesn't have a career in making money and simply depending on me...I'm not down for that.

Co-sign.

Back
Top Bottom