Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
No one's been asked

In the case of of Michael Vick, there are still people that view him in disgust for what he did and he's actually a good example of my comment, nothing this guy does short of begging will redeem him

Its crazy to think about what Aaron brooks said at the time

"they're just dogs man"
They’re just dogs though. Despite Americans love affair with them.

No one's been asked

In the case of of Michael Vick, there are still people that view him in disgust for what he did and he's actually a good example of my comment, nothing this guy does short of begging will redeem him

Its crazy to think about what Aaron brooks said at the time

"they're just dogs man"

They still are just dogs.

People acted like, and some still do. Like the man was a mass murderer.

"nuanced criticism"

Really? Is that just another way of saying "I understand suffrage in a way that Dave and many others here don't seem to understand" ???
It's another way of saying nuanced criticism.

you know, weighing the positives and negatives of the piece of art subject to review.

There are a few out there you can check out, written by gay comedians who were and continue to be fans of Dave.

Like I said, if you want to go by the Metacritic reviews to determine popularity, you have to think about who is reviewing his latest piece; chances are, most of those people are already fans of Chappelle and/or have a bone to pick with the concept of "cancel culture."

I dunno man - just seems like a lot of Gandolph the Gatekeeper business going on.

According to my feelings - this is funny but that is offensive.

This means that and that means this because I have spoken.

TF?

:lol:

Just wondering if there were any specific jokes that were deemed over the line from the special or is it just all jokes in general?

I dunno man - just seems like a lot of Gandolph the Gatekeeper business going on.

According to my feelings - this is funny but that is offensive.

This means that and that means this because I have spoken.

TF?

:lol:

Basically

There's agree or disagree, but somehow agree means you're wrong and youre an enemy of social justice

"the wrong side of history"

Just wondering if there were any specific jokes that were deemed over the line from the special or is it just all jokes in general?
He had one where he insinuated that nobody would want to sexually assault a woman because she looked like a man and was dressed in overalls.

The context of the impossible P joke was around the question of how much of a real woman transwomen are, which suggests that women can be ranked on a womanhood scale based on their ability to bleed/bear children. I saw two issues with that:
- that's an odd thing to say for a feminist (that's how Chappelle described himself during the show), considering that it's pretty misogynist to think that a woman's worth is tied to her ability to have children
- If a woman's worth is based on that ability, what does he thinks of sterile/menopausal "natural" women? Are they less of a woman because their sexual organs don't have all their functions?

Then, there was the closing monologue, where he told the story of his deceased trans friend who didn't have a problem with his approach to LGBT jokes.

These were the lows of the special for me, and I understand why some people would have an issue with those sections.

Whenever a comedian gets blowback for their material, it's always interesting to see the defenders try to change their primary job description to "pushing boundaries" instead of "pleasing the most amount of people" like Katt said

Katt Williams has also called Chapelle the greatest comedian of all time & a genius. Katt has also spoken about being blackballed & lied upon for not playing the game the way the higher ups wanted him to play :lol:.

For some reason people keep pointing to cancel culture as if it means that your career instantly dies and you have no other opportunities ever again. Simply put people are getting opportunities taken away from them that would have been largely present had they not pissed off a small percentage of people.

We see this happen to people on the daily & the reasoning behind it happening is extremely skewed in the favor of choice demos, hence why someone who is complaining about ignorance towards their community & offensive words can in the very same tweet point towards a video of a black man using ***** as an acceptable "non offensive" joke.

He had one where he insinuated that nobody would want to sexually assault a woman because she looked like a man and was dressed in overalls.

The context of the impossible P joke was around the question of how much of a real woman transwomen are, which suggests that women can be ranked on a womanhood scale based on their ability to bleed/bear children. I saw two issues with that:
- that's an odd thing to say for a feminist (that's how Chappelle described himself during the show), considering that it's pretty misogynist to think that a woman's worth is tied to her ability to have children
- If a woman's worth is based on that ability, what does he thinks of sterile/menopausal "natural" women? Are they less of a woman because their sexual organs don't have all their functions?

Then, there was the closing monologue, where he told the story of his deceased trans friend who didn't have a problem with his approach to LGBT jokes.

These were the lows of the special for me, and I understand why some people would have an issue with those sections.
I do remember feeling slight cringe at one of the jokes in the closing monologue. Reason I ask is because I can remember watching a white comedian's standup years ago and catching myself getting slightly offended because he was making black jokes. But when I really thought about what he was saying I realized it wasn't any worse than what a black comedian would say about white people. I think it threw me off because I'd never really seen a white comedian dare to joke about black people. What was offending me was him imitating a black accent and slang. Harmless stuff really. Not like he was making jokes about lynching or going over the line

Edit - here it is. Kinda funny. I'm wondering if this is more offensive to black folks than Dave is to trans.

Last edited:
Katt was more or less talking about using certain words not necessarily subject matter. It seems as if the trans community doesn’t even wont to be joked about at all. Which is kinda lending itself to the idea that no comedian should talk anyone, which leads to the idea no one should talk about anyone, but General would be desolate waste land.

Katt was more or less talking about using certain words not necessarily subject matter. It seems as if the trans community doesn’t even wont to be joked about at all. Which is kinda lending itself to the idea that no comedian should talk anyone, which leads to the idea no one should talk about anyone, but General would be desolate waste land.

They want to laught about you....

but you can’t laugh about them 🤷🏻

Again, you won't win that battle so you minus whale not even bark up that tree man.

There are plenty other things to joke about.

Everybody ain't Dave Chappelle. Just let it go.

My takeaway wasn't a woman's worth being tied to her ability to conceive. But that there is a clear divide between those who were biologically designed to bear children versus those that weren't. He noted that Caitlyn Jenner won Woman of the Year and questioned how that made non-transwomen feel. Again, pointing to the fact that a man - specifically, a white man - was able to achieve one of the highest honors for a woman.

Not telling anyone whether to be offended or not, but there were layers to the jokes. Don't like it, don't watch.

My takeaway wasn't a woman's worth being tied to her ability to conceive. But that there is a clear divide between those who were biologically designed to bear children versus those that weren't. He noted that Caitlyn Jenner won Woman of the Year and questioned how that made non-transwomen feel. Again, pointing to the fact that a man - specifically, a white man - was able to achieve one of the highest honors for a woman.

Not telling anyone whether to be offended or not, but there were layers to the jokes. Don't like it, don't watch.

Careful bruh

The association of caitlyn Jenner the woman with Bruce Jenner the man is grounds for warfare

Which might be true…

but I have zero problem with groups that have been marginalized, who have finally gained some power using that power to not entertain shh

I admire that Jews, for example, are quick to shut down shhh

I learned from a very young age that if I slapped the shh out of anyone who thought it was cute to insult my mother, guess who never had to hear those jokes.. joking about my mother was never funny to me, so I never entertained it
so what jokes do you entertain? which comedians do you like?

LOL.

That means its working.

quote-if-you-repeat-a-lie-often-enough-people-will-believe-it-and-you-will-even-come-to-believ...jpg

100% Truth.

Reminds me of a banned NTer who was found out to be nothing more than a long time fraud
🤣

Glad that clown got exposed for the FRAUD “he” is. Good riddance.

Back
Top Bottom