Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Which might be true…

but I have zero problem with groups that have been marginalized, who have finally gained some power using that power to not entertain shh

I admire that Jews, for example, are quick to shut down shhh

I learned from a very young age that if I slapped the shh out of anyone who thought it was cute to insult my mother, guess who never had to hear those jokes.. joking about my mother was never funny to me, so I never entertained it

My takeaway wasn't a woman's worth being tied to her ability to conceive. But that there is a clear divide between those who were biologically designed to bear children versus those that weren't.
This is exactly what I meant by the display of ignorance in Dave's act.
Where do we place women who were born without the ability to bear children? They're women, they have the physical appearance to match the gender, but they were not biologically designed to bear children. Where do they sit in Dave's understanding of womanhood?
Where do those born as intersex people sit in Dave's understanding of sex and gender?
He noted that Caitlyn Jenner won Woman of the Year and questioned how that made non-transwomen feel. Again, pointing to the fact that a man - specifically, a white man - was able to achieve one of the highest honors for a woman.
Misgendering is an issue for trans people, but since that doesn't affect non-trans folks, I suppose it's fair play.
I bet he could have made the same point without misgendering Jenner, but he didn't have to try because he came to offend (he said it), and he knew he could get away with it because of his clout.

Where do we place women who were born without the ability to bear children? They're women, they have the physical appearance to match the gender, but they were not biologically designed to bear children. Where do they sit in Dave's understanding of womanhood?
Where do those born as intersex people sit in Dave's understanding of sex and gender?

Misgendering is an issue for trans people, but since that doesn't affect non-trans folks, I suppose it's fair play.
I bet he could have made the same point without misgendering Jenner, but he didn't have to try because he came to offend (he said it), and he knew he could get away with it because of his clout.

The point is women are born with the equipment required even if not functional for childbirth.

Imagine a doctor delivering a baby girl and not being able to say "Its a girl!" w/o offending the Mother or Father...

mis·gen·der
/misˈjendər/

verb
gerund or present participle: misgendering
  1. refer to (someone, especially a transgender person) using a word, especially a pronoun or form of address, that does not correctly reflect the gender with which they identify.

Imagine a doctor delivering a baby girl and not being able to say "Its a girl!" w/o offending the Mother or Father...
That would be crazy but not impossible the way things are going.

Glad that clown got exposed for the FRAUD “he” is. Good riddance.
The sad part is he’ll be back because he can’t live without NT. He’s probably reading this 😂👋 Hiii

Really? Who's exaggerating now?
The point is women are born with the equipment required even if not functional for childbirth.
My point is, the equipment is not functional at birth, so she was never "designed" for childbirth.
My point is, the baby came out the womb and the doctor can't determine whether they're dealing with a boy or a girl without additional tests (Caster Semenya).
Where do they fit in Dave's definition of gender?

I don't understand the big deal here given the focus of the topic are not women born female who can not conceive children.

He's talking about one thing and you're like what about these women? Where do they get categorized? I don't get the point.

Cant just call them an exception to the rule? Would you prefer he say instead all females who have had periods? Or would that just have you bring up those who don't have periods at all?
As far as I understand it, many or most intersex ppl get surgeries when they're very young to remove one of the two reproductive organs which is decided by their parents. From there like most ppl they decide who they want to be after that.

I don't think Dave is going to tell jokes about them given their relevancy and I assume you know this and know the only way you'll get some of these answers if any is through the medium of standup. Its not like Dave is providing dissertations or is interviews being asked anything close to this. He's a comedian making pol laugh with observations based on society and culture and simply sharing his viewpoint.

I'm not even sure what the difference would be if Dave did answer all your questions. Kinda doubt you'd be adopting his take on things or consider them.

Last edited:
Sometimes like with this and with Kyrie, you have to look around you and examine who's your ally and who's standing beside you

That will let you know if maybe you need to revisit your stance and reflect on it more.

Sometimes like with this and with Kyrie, you have to look around you and examine who's your ally and who's standing beside you

That will let you know if maybe you need to revisit your stance and reflect on it more.
Depends if they actually understand your stance.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford was just in here talking about how some ppl would take his stances on certain things and if there's any similarity others would take it and warp it to say Rusty agrees with me too :lol:

Last edited:
Really? Who's exaggerating now?

My point is, the equipment is not functional at birth, so she was never "designed" for childbirth.
My point is, the baby came out the womb and the doctor can't determine whether they're dealing with a boy or a girl without additional tests (Caster Semenya).
Where do they fit in Dave's definition of gender?

The real question is why do you have so many questions Fam?

Why don't you talk to your doctor about this or sum?

All this whataboutism is draining.

What about hermaphrodites huh? Huh?

Exaggerating? Seriously?

Mans acting like Chappelle was giving a Ted Talk.

"A woman is an adult female human. Prior to adulthood, a female human is referred to as a girl. The plural women is sometimes used in certain phrases such as "women's rights" to denote female humans regardless of age."

with love,

signed...

the Dictionary.

Self edit:

Quoting the dictionary might be problematic for some here.

In before the argumentum ad nauseum reaction posts.

Last edited:
The context of the impossible P joke was around the question of how much of a real woman transwomen are
Disagree with this. The joke is about the question of how real a trans woman's genitals are. It's a pretty spot on analogy tbh. You can identify as whatever gender you like but if your sex organs are man made and not organic I mean..it would kinda be like if he made a joke about breast implants or *** injections

I don't understand the big deal here given the focus of the topic are not women born female who can not conceive children.

He's talking about one thing and you're like what about these women? Where do they get categorized? I don't get the point.
He said he was a feminist.

He also said he was pro-trans rights.

Then, he said "I'm team TERF."

The section of the special questions what defines a woman, and his is based on genuine genitalia.

“Gender is a fact. Every human being in this room, every human being on Earth, had to pass through the legs of a woman to be on Earth. This is a fact.” He went on to say that “trans women’s” genitalia are “not quite what it is”.

Equating sex to gender contradicts his previous assertion that he's trying to understand LGBT folks; using the ability to give birth to further his point about who's really a woman contradicts his assertion that he's a feminist. That's it. It's not more complicated than that.

He said he was a feminist.

He also said he was pro-trans rights.

Then, he said "I'm team TERF."
As far as your questions and his definitions of a woman I don't see the issue with that and him saying he's a feminist and team terf.

When he says he's pro-trans rights he always brings up what that's in regard to, civil rights. He doesn't agree the bathroom laws being passed, he doesn't think trans ppl should be thought of as less than.

To me you can be that and think that while not thinking a trans woman and a woman born female are the same kind of woman.

When he said he was team terf I totally got what he was saying when he brought up Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn Jenner and under a year's time of becoming a transwoman he was given the title of woman of the year.

I don't think the part of terf Dave is saying he is on the team is where they don't agree trans rights legislation should be passed. Given what he's said I'm pretty sure that's something he doesn't agree with.

I don't think it's wrong to point out that the struggles women have gone through are not the same as the struggles of trans women. If they were the two groups wouldn't have to be separated as far as context and meaning goes. In the conversation about these two groups of women, all women are not the same.

The section of the special questions what defines a woman, and his is based on genuine genitalia.

Equating sex to gender contradicts his previous assertion that he's trying to understand LGBT folks; using the ability to give birth to further his point about who's really a woman contradicts his assertion that he's a feminist. That's it. It's not more complicated than that.
After Dave gave the definition of what he understands what a feminist is I do not see how his women who give birth are really women contradicts him being a feminist.

Just going by what he stated. The two things don't actually contradict.

Besides I don't think Dave was even accounting for women unable to give birth in making his point. That's basically what I'm saying. He was talking about this one specific thing. May simply have been his mistake in not wording things in a way not to exclude that group of women in his description while addressing trans women. I think you could've came to this conclusion yourself though but correct me if there's a group of feminists who cant have children who are also mad at Dave and calling him out for his incorrect explanations.

As far as equating sex to gender, Dave made a few incorrect statements there. Not every human being passed through a woman's legs to be born. Clearly gender and sex are two different things. That aside, his idea of trying to understand LGBT folks may be different than yours.

Caitlyn Jenner can have an opinion on this, sure, but she is known to make bad faith nonsense takes regarding "cancel culture". I have a feeling her take is more about fighting the culture war and feeding conservative moral panic than a principled stance on free speech.

If dudes down to use her take for validation of their opinion, I hope they are down to rock with her when she complains about racists caught on camera losing their jobs because of "cancel culture"

You know, for consistency sake :lol:

Mannnn, what the hell is this regarding? :lol:
:lol:

I was just saying looking at who agrees with you on a topic can't actually tell you if you're on the wrong or right side of things cuz those other ppl might not even understand your stance.

Then I gave the example of you bringing up that ppl have taken your stances and warped them to say 'hey Rusty agrees with me on this topic too' when in fact they didn't properly understand your stance in the first place.

Conservative Cate!

:lol: Interesting how she overlooked Dave invalidating her being woman of the year to overall agree that Dave's troubles right now have nothing to do with the lbgtq community but media corporations trying to censor his speech.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom