Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
When Dave called himself a TERF he contradicted the pro-trans stuff he was saying

He kinda gave a more innocuous description of what TERFs want

TERFs are for stuff like bathroom bills
Yeah, this is what I'm saying.

Dave agreed about one thing TERF believes in. That led in to his whole Caitlyn Jenner woman of the year, impossible meat, etc. jokes.

In the same special he made those bathroom jokes and explained why he is against bathroom bills.

I don't think its hard (for most of us) to discern what Dave meant and what Dave agrees with as far as calling himself pro-trans rights and team terf.

But again, this is probably why ppl should just take this as a comedian talking about stuff and making jokes in his stand-up routine. Not an authority or a scholar or a professor or an expert's beliefs on these issues.

And I think if Dave was writing a script for a movie or tv show he'd be a bit more precise with what was said and opinions.

Last edited:
:lol:

I was just saying looking at who agrees with you on a topic can't actually tell you if you're on the wrong or right side of things cuz those other ppl might not even understand your stance.

Then I gave the example of you bringing up that ppl have taken your stances and warped them to say 'hey Rusty agrees with me on this topic too' when in fact they didn't properly understand your stance in the first place.

:lol: Interesting how she overlooked Dave invalidating her being woman of the year to overall agree that Dave's troubles right now have nothing to do with the lbgtq community but media corporations trying to censor his speech.

You really think she overlooked it or "forgot" to mention it?

Maybe she understood Daves point as opposed to just taking offense to it

I'm sure caitlyn Jenner is well aware that a lot of people heard that victory and went "huh?"

You really think she overlooked it or "forgot" to mention it?

Maybe she understood Daves point as opposed to just taking offense to it

I'm sure caitlyn Jenner is well aware that a lot of people heard that victory and went "huh?"
If Dave made that joke and this special got none of this backlash I'm more than sure she would've been out here going after him for the joke about not being a real woman just to create a backlash and get that attention.

I don't think Caitlyn is particularly genuine in her motives.

If Dave made that joke and this special got none of this backlash I'm more than sure she would've been out here going after him for the joke about not being a real woman just to create a backlash and get that attention.

I'm going to guess that she actually knows or has met Dave and understands that he wouldn't say anything to actually hurt her

200w.gif

I'm going to guess that she actually knows or has met Dave and understands that he wouldn't say anything to actually hurt her
I think Dave meant what he said and if it hurt her, that's just the way it is. Maybe he'd apologize but he wouldn't change his opinion cuz of it.

Like he took the time to make the parallel of black ppl looking at the strides the gay community has made to (some) feminists looking at the strides and struggles trans (specifically trans women) have made just to bring up TERF and the part he agrees with and then Jenner.

You can not agree with ppl you have met or know especially on fundamental things that are no longer fundamental.

I'm not sure I understand what this means

She can't agree with a joke about people's reactions to her winning the award? Like psychologically can't?
You said you're sure Caitlyn knows or has met Dave (and for someone reason understands Dave wouldn't say anything to actually hurt her).

I'm saying you can disagree with someone you have met or know. You can also hurt the feelings of someone you met or know.

That doesn't matter.

Also the joke wasn't about ppl's reactions to her winning the award. The joke was about her being eligible for the award at all. Dave was basically saying he understands how some women can feel its bull **** that Bruce Jenner can become a woman and be one for less than a year then be crowned woman of the year.

Just because you "can disagree" doesnt mean thats what happened, its just as likely that shes had the same reaction as daphne, "theyre just jokes"

How was it not about peoples reactions? It specifically asked how people who had been women all their lives felt about it

I don't think its hard (for most of us) to discern what Dave meant and what Dave agrees with as far as calling himself pro-trans rights and team terf.
It may not be hard for us to discern because we look at Dave from a different perspective than those he focused his special on. And that's the thing: it's not about how I interpret Dave's stance (I don't think he is homophobic); it's about how the LGBT interprets it because he is talking about them.

That's why I said, he could have found a better way to formulate his jokes. It was unnecessary to use terms he knew could offend (TERF, referring to Jenner as a man, and other types of micro aggressions I'm may not be aware of).

The way I see it is, how many of us would be willing to overlook the use of n***** in the "black people and n*****" joke if a non-black person performed it? Not many.

I agree.

The fact that right-wing agitators are now coming out hard for Dave justifies a lot of the criticism that has been brought up about his special.

Last edited:
Caitlyn Jenner can have an opinion on this, sure, but she is known to make bad faith nonsense takes regarding "cancel culture". I have a feeling her take is more about fighting the culture war and feeding conservative moral panic than a principled stance on free speech.

If dudes down to use her take for validation of their opinion, I hope they are down to rock with her when she complains about racists caught on camera losing their jobs because of "cancel culture"

You know, for consistency sake :lol:

Like clockwork.

Easily dismisses any and all opinions that don’t along with your own:check

Sneak disses and undermines those that agree with said differing opinion: check

Like I said; like clockwork.

When Dave called himself a TERF he contradicted the pro-trans stuff he was saying

love you rusty
but dave only called himself a terf since after his sticks and stones special lgbt folk all over social media called him a terf
he sort of in a joking way accepted the title

It may not be hard for us to discern because we look at Dave from a different perspective than those he focused his special on. And that's the thing: it's not about how I interpret Dave's stance (I don't think he is homophobic); it's about how the LGBT interprets it because he is talking about them.

That's why I said, he could have found a better way to formulate his jokes. It was unnecessary to use terms he knew could offend (TERF, referring to Jenner as a man, and other types of micro aggressions I'm may not be aware of).
Well again, that's part of why Dave did the special. Most of it is a direct response to criticism of the past jokes and takes in previous Netflix specials. He gotta tell jokes though which why he used certain terms and labels to come off crude

The way I see it is, how many of us would be willing to overlook the use of n***** in the "black people and n*****" joke if a non-black person performed it? Not many.
Thing is what the **** does a non-black person know about the distinction between black ppl and ***** to attempt, let alone pull off that joke?

Where as Dave is making an observation (most well known) when he makes the L, the G, the B, and the T in a car joke. If he made a crossdressers be like × and trans women be like × joke then that'd be a better comparison for a joke in bad faith with no credibility

There are ways to talk and tell jokes about other groups without belonging to that group and not offending them

I agree.

The fact that right-wing agitators are now coming out hard for Dave justifies a lot of the criticism that has been brought up about his special.
I mean yes and no.

These right wing whackos don't got any integrity. They'd back anyone from Louis Farrakhan to DaBaby if he made comments about the community, doubled down and went against the grain and was getting public backlash from them.

A guy like Ben Shapiro is going to twist something like Dave's special to his agenda.

Like clockwork.

Easily dismisses any and all opinions that don’t along with your own:check

Sneak disses and undermines those that agree with said differing opinion: check

Like I said; like clockwork.
What the **** are you even talking about?

I have had discussions in here with multiple people but because I said someone about a scumbag like Caitlyn Jenner you have an issue?

She is known to make these bad faith cancel culture takes generally. If people want to consign her words, then they should know where else she applies this logic

Last edited:
love you rusty
but dave only called himself a terf since after his sticks and stones special lgbt folk all over social media called him a terf
he sort of in a joking way accepted the title
I thought the sarcasm was obvious…*shrugs*

My post was a response to what Master Zik Master Zik said to gry60 gry60

Zik already responded to what I posted

I was pointing out that people that are defined as TERFs support certain things, which are in opposition to what Dave believes

There is a natural contradiction there, and I was just pointing that out. Dave kinda reads being a TERF as one thing to make the joke, I know people throw that term around more loosely than before, but there is a stronger definition to the word. That is all I'm saying

It is like someone saying they support the Fair Housing Act, but they are team segregationists.

he literally said he was against bathroom bills.

He said he agreed with them that "gender was a fact" (by this im guessing he meant to say sex)
that transwomen are not exactly 100% the same as cis gendered women.

you can agree with someone on one narrow point, it doesn't mean you then sign up for everything they are about.

I don't think Dave has some detailed knowledge of internecine battles within feminism

from what I can tell he totally mischaracterizes the TERF vs Trans activist conflict.

but i think it's okay, he's not a college professor,
accuracy will always take a back seat to the jokes.

he literally said he was against bathroom bills.

He said he agreed with them that "gender was a fact" (by this im guessing he meant to say sex)
that transwomen are not exactly 100% the same as cis gendered women.

you can agree with someone on one narrow point, it doesn't mean you then sign up for everything they are about.
Did I say he did?

Good ****ing grief I am just pointing out the implied contradiction with saying he is for certain things then saying he is team "terf"

If someone said they supported anti-discrimination housing policy, but wanted to point out that people of certain races generally have a preference for choosing to live near one another and get utility from that so you always getting some group across races. In the context of talking about housing laws, framing that take even sarcastically as being "team segregation".

You dudes need to put your shirts back on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom