Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Chris Rock fell off bad.

I wouldn't say he fell off bad, his status as a comedian elevated. In turn, his routine became "safer" for lack of a better term. He may have known Jerry Seinfeld for a while, but once you get more popularity and rolling in that circle. Routines like "Bring The Pain" how he started out with, have to be turned down a bit. That version of Chris Rock was the best. What I love about Dave is...he's been Dave. He's had the success, been in movies (not all good), but he remained true to himself and didn't fall for that hollywood bs. It works for some and not the others. It worked for Dave thankfully.

if you understand the belly rooms history and it’s more intimate nature you’ll appreciate the second one even more

This.

The times I've seen him were all like this. He'll pepper in some material / jokes but for the most part he's discussing various topics and he always interacts with the audience.

It's a lot like this:

We'll i guess im not getting the full experience cuz I've never been to the venue

Sucks cuz I enjoyed it but now I find out I'm missing out

We'll i guess im not getting the full experience cuz I've never been to the venue

Sucks cuz I enjoyed it but now I find out I'm missing out

smaller room that’s not the main stage of the same club, comedy store

lotta big name comics pop in unannounced and do shows at the store to test material and the belly room gets alotta edgy material

I’m sure he filmed it there to feel more comfortable knowing he’d be saying alotta wild stuff

I can see alotta people saying it’s trash or having a major problem with it soon

Just peeped rthe new Chappelle
1st joint was funny. Classic Dave.
2nd joint wasnt as funny but dude just talking, and inserting jokes. I enjoyed it just as much as the first, even tho it was different. Dave is a great story teller, so i was rocking wit it.

I loved both and especially appreciated the second one. I already watched both twice. I will watch the second one a third time. I liked the intimacy of the second special and it was obviously done intentionally. Dave is smarter than that. He was spitting game in the second one.

I haven’t watched these new ones, but I find people being so up in arms about him pretty funny, cause he’s always had controversial cross-the-line material, it’s just that society’s sensitivity to issues has increased. R Kelly piss on you and GayKKK was funny 10+ years ago, but today it’s “what if that was your sister being pissed on?” and “what if there are really gay klan members? we must get them some help, they may have a mental illness”. Womp womp

Good comedy makes you uncomfortable and is irreverent. If it makes you upset, it's doing it's job. And when it's like this, it's usually way ahead of it's time.

Must be a small group of people upset because I have yet to see the outrage

Back
Top Bottom