Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I'm not a huge fan because it felt like just a response to people who got outraged.

It was like he was talking to a bunch of people I couldn't relate to. Not really in my wheelhouse. I go to Chappelle for perspective that I can relate to and perspective that challenges my ideals.

As far as comedy is concerned, I didn't laugh as much as his last two specials, and that's not because I was sensitive about any of the topics.

The kneejerk response to imply that people's opinion is skewed because of how sensitive they are is wack. There's clearly a discussion t have and people on both sides who honestly believed it was funny, or that it wasn't. Two different people can see the exact same thing and perceive it completely differently. That doesn't invalidate their opinion.

That's what people usually do to disparage a person and tear down their argument without any actual substance.

this is a good take.. the more that i think about it, the more it feels like his SNL appearance just after the election where i expected alot more as a fan but he took the easy route probably because of the heat he took from the previous netflix specials

I'm pretty sure Youtube algorithms tailor suggestions and search results to your watch history and trends.

I'm just saying.:lol:

search Dave Chappelle rotten apples review, and after you come back your slice of humble pie should be fresh out da microwave.

da bigger question non of ya seem to be asking is why is such a low number of professional critics willing to put their neck out to give a review let alone a positive one, and da inundated positive user views in defiance.

search Dave Chappelle rotten apples review, and after you come back your slice of humble pie should be fresh out da microwave.

da bigger question non of ya seem to be asking is why is such a low number of professional critics willing to put their neck out to give a review let alone a positive one, and da inundated positive user views in defiance.
That's my thing tho, why do you give a **** about RT scores for a DAVE CHAPPELLE COMEDY SPECIAL? :lol: :rofl:

Like there's really a field of comedy special critics worth reading like movie critics.

BTW, given its rated critically @ 33% meams there are some positive reviews. If there were none it'd be @ 0%.

Hell now that intake a closer look the special only has 10 critic reviews after a few weeks now which reinforces my point that comedy special reviews are not a thing. Nobody gives a **** :lol:

Last edited:
There is no doubt that you have something to prove.

I am okay with that.
These are your assumptions that you choose to believe about me, most likely others.

Hopefully you smarten up but I, too, am okay with that.

Dave made fun of White people and their issues so well, that they did not even know that they were being insulted. I found it to be hilarious! So now all of the wrong people are dancing and happy, yet not truly grasping how they've been set up. White suicide rates rising, heroin addiction growing, Dave flat out stated that he is happy about i, all while making fun of Juicy! It was a great special.

These are your assumptions that you choose to believe about me, most likely others.

Hopefully you smarten up but I, too, am okay with that.
We don't have to agree on what or whom is capable of what. Yet in your responses, it is very clear that you care too deeply about what other people think about you.
Thankfully, this isn't my problem.

We don't have to agree on what or whom is capable of what.
That's not what I disagreed about. Nor was it about what you think.

I just simply stated why you were wrong. It was your choice to fail in attempting to make it about anything else.

That's not what I disagreed about. Nor was it about what you think.

I just simply stated why you were wrong. It was your choice to fail in attempting to make it about anything else.
Subjectivity, narcissism.
You win.

That's my thing tho, why do you give a **** about RT scores for a DAVE CHAPPELLE COMEDY SPECIAL?

because RT is da defacto source of authority on crític agregated reviews.... which purportedly is posed to be credible...if i can't trust da credibility of your review + you hold a outsized amount of power, your faith that objective reviews becomes compromised...plus its been big news, maybe you should venture outside NT and check da vibes.

Explain how that article humbles me exactly? Does it disprove my point? Honestly asking because I haven't read it.

u are aware you're on da extremely small minority in that respect right?
That's perfectly fine. I don't have any issue with that and am not sure why you would even think that would change how I feel about my opinion.:lol:

My point was never about how many people felt either way. I was trying to point out that the fact that an opinion is different, or it is a minority opinion, does not in and of itself invalidate that opinion. People are skipping the step where you actually consider the perspective and just jumping ahead to saying those people in the minority's opinions are not valid for no reason other than the assumption that they're sensitive to certain things.

Some things can just not be that funny to some people.

because RT is da defacto source of authority on crític agregated reviews.... which purportedly is posed to be credible...if i can't trust da credibility of your review + you hold a outsized amount of power, your faith that objective reviews becomes compromised.
For movies and TV shows.

Not comedy specials.

And again there are only 10 critic reviews :rofl: 3 positive and 7 negative.

Not enough critics care enough to even review. Its been weeks since the special came out.

You got your answer. There is no compromise. Reviewing comedy specials is not a thing :lol:

ninjahood ninjahood RT been hot garbage for a minute. Glad that people are finally coming around to their shenanigans.
There are no shenanigans when it comes to critic reviews.

It's literally a place where they collect critic reviews and aggregate the average out of 100%.

The problem they had was with the fan scores from users that specifcally went to that site to make the audience score take a nosedive.

This is an example of the exact opposite. Only 10 critics have bothered to review this while you got well over 20k fan ratings :lol:

That's perfectly fine. I don't have any issue with that and am not sure why you would even think that would change how I feel about my opinion.:lol:

because if you're pretty much da rare few persons who wasn't feeling it, its most likely isn't da special, its you.

This is an example of the exact opposite. Only 10 critics have bothered to review this while you got well over 20k fan ratings :lol:

so you telling me da biggest comedian in da industry can only muster 8-10 professional reviews on a widely seen special doesn't seem suspicious to you? da answer is drenched in Hollywood politics.

Had no idea this was really seen as super controversial. Saw dave live when he was in Baltimore last year and he actually told a good amount of these jokes that were used in the special. So i thought the special was good...not amazing...but like i think i was biased because i heard the whole school shooter drill - shotgun story with buck and bird shot last year.

People have strange expectations some times. Like they want their life to be changed by a comedy special or something. Like it was def above your average comedy special...but not best ever (IMO)

Back
Top Bottom