Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
because if you're pretty much da rare few persons who wasn't feeling it, its most likely isn't da special, its you.

so you telling me da biggest comedian in da industry can only muster 8-10 professional reviews on a widely seen special doesn't seem suspicious to you? da answer is drenched in Hollywood politics.
Regardless, you're still basing this strong opinion on a sample size of 10 critics vs 22,508 fans.

If you or anyone looking at that score doesn't have the critical thinking to consider and weigh the sample sizes, there's really no discussion to have.:lol:

And again, your opinion on the validity of my opinion is worthless. No offense, but it has absolutely no holding in any of this discussion.

You seem to have a hard time understanding that popular opinion does not equal correct opinion.

My favorite comedies..

Richard Pryor That N!@#$%'s Crazy
Richard Pryor Live on The Sunset Strip
George Carlin What Am I Doing In New Jersey?
Eddie Murphy Delirious
Chris Rock Bring The Pain
Robin Williams Live On Broadway

All of these shows pissed people off in some kind of way, and I think that Dave is just hitting his stride again.

so you telling me da biggest comedian in da industry can only muster 8-10 professional reviews on a widely seen special doesn't seem suspicious to you? da answer is drenched in Hollywood politics.
Well now you're suggesting conspiracy :lol:

You're not even calling out RT for what they had problems with before. You're saying now there's been some sort of choice to not review Dave's special at all when right now its 7 to 3, negative in the lead.

Why only 7 if the fix is in? Why not 700 negative reviews?

Hollywood politics seem grossly ineffective with w/e they're trying to do on Rotten Tomatoes.
According to who?
Self reflect and figure that out.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kevin_hart_what_now

look at da difference of interaction of professional critics.
57 critic reviews for a 3 year old comedy special.

What difference? S&S has 10 already. Its more than a tenth of its way there to 57 :lol:

So if in 2022 Sticks & Stones has 60 reviews is there really a difference?

Reviewing comedy specials really isnt a thing man.

Carnival Row a new tv show on Amazon Prime that came out last week has more critic reviews than that Hart special you posted :lol: Would you then say Carnival Row is more popular than Kevin Hart?
Well, I am sorry that I am not as perfect as you.
Never said I was perfect and there's no reason to be sorry.

Just continue to learn and grow. Knowing is half the battle.

Last edited:
It is the literal people that Chappelle makes fun of so magnificently, especially literal White people. The whole Black people didn't believe Jussie skit is a perfect example of this. GO FIND KANYE!

:lol:

rotten tomatoes weights their reviews more for professionals than fans, hence when you google reviews, da pros come out first.
Rotton Tomatoes, or certain people who don't consider sample size when they're looking at averages or an aggregated score?

For me personally, I take those critic scores with a hundred grains of salt. You have to do that with anything, especially when there's money involved.

But the numbers are all there for you to consider how much weight you give that score. The issue is most people don't take the time to think that deeply, and assume there's some sort of plan to tank Chappelle's special.

If you've been paying attention over the last couple of years, you know that Rotten Tomatoes is trash if you want to formulate an opinion using it. It's a valuable tool if you understand how to read a decipher statistics, but it's still only a tool to formulate that opinion.

Just watched last night.

Chappelle put out his best work. He's so surgical with it at this point. The whole part about Meth and Crack was :wow:.
There are a select few Black men that can't be cancelled and Dave is trending at #1 at this point.

Back
Top Bottom