Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Can we talk about exactly what the **** cancel culture is?

I can only think of VERY few instances where the people targeted by this so called epidemic...actually had their career path altered.

****** KILLED Kanye...but he drops a shoe and that ***** still re-selling for ridiculous amounts. Is anyone really trying to "cancel" Dave right now? People *****ing on Twitter isn't exactly trying to "cancel" someone. I keep seeing this associated with Jay-Z right now too. It's almost like the term is being misused by people on both sides of that coin.

I can only think of VERY few instances where the people targeted by this so called epidemic...actually had their career path altered.

*****s KILLED Kanye...but he drops a shoe and that ***** still re-selling for ridiculous amounts. Is anyone really trying to "cancel" Dave right now? People *****ing on Twitter isn't exactly trying to "cancel" someone. I keep seeing this associated with Jay-Z right now too. It's almost like the term is being misused by people on both sides of that coin.

Umm...Bill Cosby. Some have stopped listening to R. Kelly, Louis C.K., Harvey Weinstein..

I suspect there will be less of a disparity between the audience and critic RT scores once the dust has settled

RT is vulnerable to review bombing which we learned when Captain Marvel released and the incel mob did their thing

This special has a higher audience score than movies like The Godfather, Jaws, and Taxi Driver right now :lol:

So for those of you "not buying IT", what is your interpretation of the Rotten Tomatoes situation?

That RT froze reviews for a few days save a few "critics" in order to give the perception that the special was garbage because of the subject matter.

Changed weeks to days*

Last edited:
Umm...Bill Cosby. Some have stopped listening to R. Kelly, Louis C.K., Harvey Weinstein..

With the exception of Louis CK...were these people "canceled" or did they commit crimes and pay for it? Again...the list isn't NEARLY as long as the people who've seemingly been attached to it.

With the exception of Louis CK...were these people "canceled" or did they commit crimes and pay for it? Again...the list isn't NEARLY as long as the people who've seemingly been attached to it.

When was the last time you seen The Cosby Show on? The crime is why they got cancel. I think you guys are under the impression that "cancelling" can only happen on Twitter? And isn't Bill the only one in jail??

Colin Kaepernick
Bill Cosby
Paula Dean
Kevin Spacey
Louis C.K.
Al Franken
R. Kelly
Harvey Weinstein
Rosanne Barr

Cancel culture tried to destroy Kevin Hart and partially achieved their goal. There are a lot more that aren’t household names, but those listed above are more than “VERY few instances”.

Anyone else caught the part where he was quoting Kevin Hart and he said he couldn't tell other people's jokes well?
Was I the only one who thought that was a light jab at Kev having a team of writers? The audience seemed to miss that. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it.

Kinda too deep. Kinda. However, you could be on to something.

Colin Kaepernick
Bill Cosby
Paula Dean
Kevin Spacey
Louis C.K.
Al Franken
R. Kelly
Harvey Weinstein
Rosanne Barr

Cancel culture tried to destroy Kevin Hart and partially achieved their goal. There are a lot more that aren’t household names, but those listed above are more than “VERY few instances”.

Keapernick isn’t in the same boat, he got screwed by trump and co needing some sort of BS to go on about.. and the NFL owners just being ignorant and stubborn

And with Kevin hart, if I’m remember correctly, he took some heat and he stepped down after dealing with poorly (instead of just apologizing again, which he ended up doing anyways.. he said he had apologized already).. and then he now has that lil has x thing going where dude is trying play ignorant to what those people have to go through

Back
Top Bottom