Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Kaepernick is in the same boat, is he currently in the NFL? He was cancelled my man.

He’s being blackballed by old money white dudes who are accustomed to getting their way and only listen to certain people

Meanwhile nike’s stock prices went up after his involvement and that commercial

Kevin Hart was becoming a bigger star.. he just handled the whole thing poorly.. like like that lil has x barber shop episode

Tucker Carlson is a better example where people are targeting his advertisers, since Fox News won’t do anything

I am not sure why we shouldn't expect SOME people to do so? The website exists for a reason. People use it.

I think to a degree some folks my use it for that.. but I think for a good chunk of folks they use it after watching the film (or whatever) as part of the digestion process to either confirm or try to better understand or vent or whatever

But beforehand I usually really only see RT scores if they’re very good or very bad

Not gonna lie. I didn't think this thread would be so active. I hope he drops a special yearly
At best we can hope for is in 2 years given he gave us so many in 2017.

Gotta work on new material and that takes a lot of time.

2 very smart black Americans who have a podcast did a couple special episodes with their “still processing” podcast.. Wesley Morris and Jenna wortham are the two individual I’m speaking off, but the episodes are allowing Asian Americans to voice what they have dealt with and deal with in America

I’d highly recommend checking their podcast on the whole.. but especially these episodes in light of stuff contained within dave’s recent special:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/podcasts/still-processing-asian-americans-racism.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/podcasts/still-processing-asian-americans-racism.html

I mean bill burr touched on some of the metoo stuff happening in his recent special

I want pissed off Burr. Is he mad in his new special?

he has moments.. but it's more like he has a daughter so he's trying hide that he's a psychopath.. and then discusses having to give up his dog because of having a child

Can we talk about exactly what the **** cancel culture is?

I can only think of VERY few instances where the people targeted by this so called epidemic...actually had their career path altered.

*****s KILLED Kanye...but he drops a shoe and that ***** still re-selling for ridiculous amounts. Is anyone really trying to "cancel" Dave right now? People *****ing on Twitter isn't exactly trying to "cancel" someone. I keep seeing this associated with Jay-Z right now too. It's almost like the term is being misused by people on both sides of that coin.

Man I'm washed @VARNELL HILL I legitimately thought Dave getting 'cancelled' meant him getting assassinated. :smh::smh::smh:

Can we talk about exactly what the **** cancel culture is?

I can only think of VERY few instances where the people targeted by this so called epidemic...actually had their career path altered.

*****s KILLED Kanye...but he drops a shoe and that ***** still re-selling for ridiculous amounts. Is anyone really trying to "cancel" Dave right now? People *****ing on Twitter isn't exactly trying to "cancel" someone. I keep seeing this associated with Jay-Z right now too. It's almost like the term is being misused by people on both sides of that coin.

exactly.. even the person dave jokes about in this special, kevin hart, this dude pulled out of the hosting the oscars

hell, he would have been able to avoid all of this if he actually gave a proper apology instead of getting defensive about the whole thing

and it aint like his star hasnt gone up.. but this dude still does dumb shhhh on that specific issue, like the clip that was going around with lil nas x

i mean it dont take much to know that gay people got it rough in society and within the black community.. but this dude wont let a gay person answer a personal question

Back
Top Bottom