Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Carlin was a staunch supporter of free speech and had issues with anyone trying to limit what he could say. Who’s trying to limit free speech in comedy right now? And he was super liberal. But he was Liberal Classic. Woke Liberals and Classic Liberals are not the same. Carlin and Patrice for that matter would have blasted the woke crowd if they were around today. They would be criticized like Chappelle or maybe even worse.

The same people preaching this nonsense love mlk but hate kaepernick. The "old" always seems more righteous to bigots.

Last edited:
I've noticed this trend of conservatives to try to make people who they would have hated back in the day part of their movement.

They use MLK to diminish kaepernick like they didn't kill MLK.

I see the same idiots here trying to do the same with Carlin. Carlin would have seen through your bs.

Yea he was also a staunch supporter against free speech directed at conservative imbeciles. He would have been called a bleeding heart liberal and being for cancel culture simply by being against everything the MAGA regime stood for.

Carlin’s N Word bit about Richard Pryor alone probably would have gotten him cancelled by today’s audience. Not just because he says it but also because he makes the case that context matters.

I've noticed this trend of conservatives to try to make people who they would have hated back in the day part of their movement.

They use MLK to diminish kaepernick like they didn't kill MLK.

I see the same idiots here trying to do the same with Carlin. Carlin would have seen through your bs.

I’m not White, I’m not conservative, I hate Trump. But I’m Old School Liberal, so I’m not for Woke Liberals becoming the Old Conservatives. FOH

I’m not saying he would just go after the woke crowd. But they would be on his list too.

I just don’t really see it.. I mean I could see the wannabe’s getting it, the ones just trying piggyback out to something or just want to be a part of something

like the people changing social media posts and not doing shh else.. or doing the ice bucket challenge to fit in.. or Karens, could see dude killing them.. then you have the absurdity of what’s happening with the vaccine

Yea its unfortunate but if it did, I would understand why people are offended by comedians using such language, instead of crying about cancel culture.

funniest thing about those, it made me look funny at Chris rock and ice cube, especially Chris rock

I wasn’t the biggest Louie fan anyways and neither was a big gervais fan

jerry KNEW.. a black person was right there and it was jerry who was like we shouldn’t be going anywhere near that

I don't think Carlin would have made raining on the "woke" movement his identity. I think that's just you projecting that persona onto him.
George Carlin hated the soft sensitive language going on now.

Also stupid ppl.

They'd kill Carlin for saying all those slurs ignoring his message and they would string him up for the Eskimo rape joke :lol:

Given the push, acceptance and promotion of trans ppl and their lifestyle in Hollywood, Carlin would be right with Dave making trans jokes.

Last edited:
Lol during a time like the 60s Carlin would not have made jokes reducing black people to stereotypes. Let's be real if he did that "we are too sensitive" people like DAVE would be very upset.

Knowing what I know about Carlin he would be too busy upsetting antimaskers to cater to the "cancel culture bigots" of the same crowd.

Lol during a time like the 60s Carlin would not have made jokes reducing black people to stereotypes. Let's be real if he did that "we are too sensitive" people like DAVE would be very upset.
Wait are you comparing now to the 60s? :lol:

I'm lost on why you're even placing Carlin's standup in the 60s of all times when the claim basically was how Carlin would approach things now.

I get shifting the topic to black ppl for a comparison but Dave's jokes aren't even reducing trans ppl to stereotypes and really I'm not sure that would be favored by black audiences in any decade so it doesn't really fit on several levels as an example.
Knowing what I know about Carlin he would be too busy upsetting antimaskers to cater to the "cancel culture bigots" of the same crowd.
No doubt but I'm sure he would have a bit on it. He wouldn't just ignore it and act like it wasn't happening.

Especially given how sensitive audiences have become and they would most likely write letters to Carlin voicing their displeasure like they do with Dave.

Last edited:
You said George Carlin would have hated the soft language going on now, then questioned me for comparing now to the 60s. Isn't this essentially what the people who are partial to the "pre-sensitivity era" are preaching in here?:lol:

Carlin was doing stand up in the 60s, would you have been OK with him dropping n***er left and right in his routines?

The only people who wrote letters against Carlin were the church.

My point is he is a liberal and would have approached this whole "cancel culture" nonsense in a nuanced way because he would have hated the people peddling it as an excuse to freely use bigoted speech.

No doubt but I'm sure he would have a bit on it. He wouldn't just ignore it and act like it wasn't happening.

Especially given how sensitive audiences have become and they would most likely write letters to Carlin voicing their displeasure like they do with Dave.
You said George Carlin would have hated the soft language going on now, then questioned me for comparing now to the 60s.
Yeah cuz Carlin isn't alive now.

He was alive during the 60s

Isn't this essentially what the people who are partial to the "pre-sensitivity era" are preaching in here?:lol:
I was literally saying Carlin would basically be on the same **** Dave is on now as far as complaints about jokes and ppl being offended.

I posted the vids where he talks about those exact topics to back it up.

Carlin was doing stand up in the 60s, would you have been OK with him dropping n***er left and right in his routines?
Based off of Carlin's standup I don't see in what context he'd be dropping the N word left and right in his routine. But based off of his material if he did use the N word he would have a reason and point to it like in the vid I posted where he did use the N word more than once. Not saying it "left and right".

And again, I don't get why you're placing that scenario in the 60s as if Carlin saying the N word left and right would have a different reaction now.

We're not talking about comedians using offensive words without thought.

We were talking about Dave Chappelle and ppl being upset with his standup material and being offended. Dave isn't accused of just using the N word equivalent for the trans community "left and right".

I'm lost on what point you're trying to make or what this response is about exactly :lol:
The only people who wrote letters against Carlin were the church.
And I said, if he were alive now doing any of the material from the vids I posted he'd be getting letters about that.

My point is he is a liberal and would have approached this whole "cancel culture" nonsense in a nuanced way because he would have hated the people peddling it as an excuse to freely use bigoted speech.
I don't disagree.

But I also think he would have a nuanced response to ppl trying to police comedy and speech cuz he hated that too.

The bottom line is people have the right to and SHOULD be offended at offensive sh#$. Normalizing such speech is not something anyone should be yearning for.

Lol everyone acts like they don't want comedy "policed" until someone goes full Kramer on stage.

The bottom line is people have the right to and SHOULD be offended at offensive sh#$. Normalizing such speech is not something anyone should be yearning for.

Lol everyone acts like they don't want comedy "policed" until someone goes full Kramer on stage.

That’s the thing- what Kramer did isn’t comedy. He wasn’t even telling jokes, he was having a racist meltdown onstage. That’s different than a comedy bit. Kramer is the perfect example of what comedians shouldn’t do.

He was just screaming the n word how is that anything close to Dave's situation :lol:

didn’t Kramer snap?

I’m more worried about shh like this

The bottom line is people have the right to and SHOULD be offended at offensive sh#$.
That's never been disputed.

Normalizing such speech is not something anyone should be yearning for.
This isn't a desire either.

It's just been said this is a completely different conversation when its in the realm of comedy. When you start comparing what Donald Trump says to what Dave says in his standup you've failed.

Kramer didn't get policed either. Also what Kramer did wasnt comedy either.

He admits that.

He was heckled. Then he started calling a black person the N word all loud and crazy cuz he snapped.

These examples and comparisons you're making are terrible.

The thing is there simply isn't any comedian out there using racism as their shtick. There isn't one using the n word left and right out there. Find another comparison.

I think it comes down to you confusing comedy and having a point or message and being a bigot on stage and hate speech.

That’s the thing- what Kramer did isn’t comedy. He wasn’t even telling jokes, he was having a racist meltdown onstage. That’s different than a comedy bit. Kramer is the perfect example of what comedians shouldn’t do.

Lol so if he hit the punchlines right the n*****would have gotten a pass?

Funny or not he was still policed for his rant on stage and rightfully so.

Lol so if he hit the punchlines right the n*****would have gotten a pass?

Funny or not he was still policed for his rant on stage and rightfully so.
They weren't punchlines though. They weren't jokes.

He literally was melting down yelling racial slurs.

This has nothing to do with Dave Chappelle or the audience trying to police comedy.

Trying to pass off the Kramer rant as punchlines that didn't hit or weren't funny is crazy.

didn’t Kramer snap?

I’m more worried about shh like this

Jesus Christ

Back
Top Bottom