Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 5.04.32 PM.png

Well if that's the case, if you don't like it don't listen.

When Dave felt a type of way about the jokes on the show, he stopped doing the show. He didn't bother to change it all or stop doing one thing. He just left the show.

Its the same thing.

he still has an act.. his act has changed from that final season of the show and other aspects along the way

and he isn’t just that thing.. I just happen to think he’s capabale of being better than just that small aspect and he is an overwhelming majority of the time, which is why I don’t get it

if someone raises an issue with you ain’t THAT hard to be respectful

just like if another black person asks me not to say the N word to them or around them.. I ain’t going argue or fight with them over it.. I’m just going to respect them and move on.. a part of me can’t blame anyone not trying hear that word used again, given it’s history

End of the day, Matt was right. Who has been cancelled that we all want back? :nerd:

Nobody is that big of a R. Kelly fan.

Well if that's the case, if you don't like it don't listen.

When Dave felt a type of way about the jokes on the show, he stopped doing the show. He didn't bother to change it all or stop doing one thing. He just left the show.

Its the same thing.

It'd not like those type of jokes stopped being told.
Michael Jackson would’ve been cancelled if he were still alive regardless of the actual cases against him,

Somebody like Aziz was cancelled when he didn’t even do anything, just a bad date from one perspective. Whole career down the drain. His own Netflix show is no longer his

Somebody like Aziz was cancelled when he didn’t even do anything, just a bad date from one perspective. Whole career down the drain. His own Netflix show is no longer his
Agreed on the Aziz tip. I read ole girl's story. All I thought was "yeah, she had a bad date...didnt vibe. He wanted to ****, she didnt." Cant believe it blew up like that.

Aziz tried to power through. Went on tour and everything. Even talked about it in a non-joking way on the tour. Still got rid of him.

I'd also throw Louis C.K. out there. He has a much larger share of blame for his situation than Aziz does IMO. But yeah, I'd very much appreciate a new Season of Louie. Mans was a comedic genius.

Agreed on the Aziz tip. I read ole girl's story. All I thought was "yeah, she had a bad date...didnt vibe. He wanted to ****, she didnt." Cant believe it blew up like that.

Aziz tried to power through. Went on tour and everything. Even talked about it in a non-joking way on the tour. Still got rid of him.

I'd also throw Louis C.K. out there. He has a much larger share of blame for his situation than Aziz does IMO. But yeah, I'd very much appreciate a new Season of Louie. Mans was a comedic genius.

nah f Louis CK.. as I said, I’ll respect if another black person asks me to not call or use the N word around them

but I’ll always look at Chris rock sideways for this shh

End of the day, Matt was right. Who has been cancelled that we all want back? :nerd:

Nobody is that big of a R. Kelly fan.

I wish more people would actually get canceled.. Like get bill maher all the way up out the paint

What really hit with Louie's situation is when Pete Davidson told the story of when he tried to get him fired from SNL because he caught him smoking weed. That is clearly someone who will use their power and influence over those not in the same situation, so you understand how those women may have really felt giving consent.

he still has an act.. his act has changed from that final season of the show and other aspects along the way

and he isn’t just that thing.. I just happen to think he’s capabale of being better than just that small aspect and he is an overwhelming majority of the time, which is why I don’t get it

if someone raises an issue with you ain’t THAT hard to be respectful

just like if another black person asks me not to say the N word to them or around them.. I ain’t going argue or fight with them over it.. I’m just going to respect them and move on.. a part of me can’t blame anyone not trying hear that word used again, given it’s history
Nah, its jokes. Good ones at that. Thought is put in to all of them. Don't like it, dont watch the act.

If a black person asks me to not use certain words around them I'm gonna tell them to stop being around me.

Nobody is forcing anybody to watch standup. Its a choice and you should be coming in to the experience knowing not to take jokes personally. Some things aint for everybody.

Michael Jackson would’ve been cancelled if he were still alive regardless of the actual cases against him,

MJ dead. If he were alive who knows how that goes down.

Louis C.K. is actually funny but he was trapping women in rooms and jerking off in to plants. The business naturally shunned someone who was committing a crime. Not cuz of a joke he made.

Aziz didn't get cancelled. Fam made that poor choice for Master of None.

I wish more people would actually get canceled.. Like get bill maher all the way up out the paint
Now it just sounds you want ppl off tv cuz you dont like their opinions.

Just don't watch his show. After that its like he doesn't exist. He's not some super popular on tv all the time type of dude.

Now it just sounds you want ppl off tv cuz you dont like their opinions.

Just don't watch his show. After that its like he doesn't exist. He's not some super popular on tv all the time type of dude.

Nah I just don’t think bill Mayer saying the N word is cool

or the shh most Republicans and trump say is cool

it’s not hard to see the raise in violence against Asians and then look at what’s coming out of the mouths of certain people

Nah ain’t just jokes

history is filled with examples of just letting people slide on saying shh
is this still about dave? i don't see how this applies to him.
does he have rants about transgender people i haven't heard?

This is semantics :lol:

Whatever name you want to put on it, the entertainment industry (and by extension/consequence social media and consumers) became uber sensitive about controversial topics and marginalized groups of people in various contexts after Weinstein/Cosby/Trump in 2014-2016.

At the same time tho, yea Kevin Spacey just got hired to play a child molestor :lol: so in that facet, no it doesn't really stick unless you get criminally prosecuted.

is this still about dave? i don't see how this applies to him.
does he have rants about transgender people i haven't heard?

does he need to have rants?

is rants the standard?

if the trans community finds what he says to be offensive, can we not just believe them?

What did Dave say that was offensive to trans ppl again? I remember the alphabet people bit from his last special and thought that was a well done joke and not offensive at all. Was it something from one of his other specials?

Nah I just don’t think bill Mayer saying the N word is cool
Well really, don't watch his show.

But hey Bill saying the N word and still having his job just shows cancel culture really aint a real thing.

or the shh most Republicans and trump say is cool

it’s not hard to see the raise in violence against Asians and then look at what’s coming out of the mouths of certain people
Again more proof cancel culture aint real.

4 years of Trump saying all type of foul **** and getting support for "telling it like it is", not being "pc", and being a "straight shooter" just shows how things really are.

As things are that cancel culture **** is only for ppl living in that progressive democratic liberal world where they all cannibalize each other for being offensive.

There are degrees to this though. What Dave does isn't at all comparable to the Bill Maher example (its obvious when he's joking and stating a serious opinion) or Trump and his wild **** that has real world consequences.

End of the day though, like I said it is so easy to not listen to, not watch, not contribute things you don't like and disagree with. On the other hand trying to police comedy, curb opinions, and shut ppl up simply won't work. Its crazy to think you can just dictate that.

There's always gonna be horrible ppl in the world, always gonna be ppl who say things that offend or that you don't agree with. You're not really gonna be able to stop that or control it but you can control what you give time to and put energy in.

is rants the standard?

if the trans community finds what he says to be offensive, can we not just believe them?
Its not about believing them. Its about if Dave should stop telling those jokes because some ppl feel offended.

In the realm of comedy, that's completely different from this show about trans ppl offended me or this reaction to trans ppl on a radio show offended me.

It'll never be the same.

Last edited:

is rants the standard?

Where does the line stop?

jokes that revolve around people being fat being found offensive by the fat community? jokes about people with tiny penises being found offensive by the #SMEAT community? jokes about being short being found offensive by the vertically challenged community? what determines whats more important than the next thing in the realm of offensive comedy?

i totally believe people have found his jokes to be offensive but if it's not hate speech why is it anyone else's responsibility to care?

What did Dave say that was offensive to trans ppl again? I remember the alphabet people bit from his last special and thought that was a well done joke and not offensive at all. Was it something from one of his other specials?

Lol they feel like he shouldn't have the audacity to even joke about it to begin with if he doesn't have the exact joke they've already decided in their mind he should have (some quirky dig at bigots they can repost on social media lol)

Where does the line stop?

jokes that revolve around people being fat being found offensive by the fat community? jokes about people with tiny penises being found offensive by the #SMEAT community? jokes about being short being found offensive by the vertically challenged community? what determines whats more important than the next thing in the realm of offensive comedy?

i totally believe people have found his jokes to be offensive but if it's not hate speech why is it anyone else's responsibility to care?

When given more information, I think views should evolve over time.. or I hope they do

just like the other problematic shh that was just readily accepted.. or still is

Last edited:
I should preface what I'm about to say by saying Dave is a brilliant comedian.

His trans jokes were deliberate and he threw just enough in there to shield himself from ridicule by portraying himself as being somewhat of an ally of the LGBT community.

Dude tried the "I have gay/trans friends" excuse.

Last edited:
That was definitely posted and talked about in one of the Chappelle threads (if not in this very thread) once that was announced.

is rants the standard?

Well what did he say that was so offensive?
I said rants because his stand up is the viewers decision to watch. If they want to cancel him, then they don’t have to watch. Trying to dictate his performance is another thing. He wants to make a joke on his special I think he has that right to. Especially when he knows the consequences.

I should preface what I'm about to say by saying Dave is a brilliant comedian.

His trans jokes were deliberate and he threw just enough in there to shield himself from ridicule by portraying himself as being somewhat of an ally of the LGBT community.

Dude tried the "I have gay/trans friends" excuse and he was called out on his bs.

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here or what correlation you're trying to make :lol:

What trans jokes were mean spirited in your opinion?

Well what did he say that was so offensive?
I said rants because his stand up is the viewers decision to watch. If they want to cancel him, then they don’t have to watch. Trying to dictate his performance is another thing. He wants to make a joke on his special I think he has that right to. Especially when he knows the consequences.

Nobody will flat out say what he said wrong man :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom