Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Dave Chapelle is a multi-millionaire is a stand up that is having his special played and promoted by the largest streaming service in the world

When he complained about not getting compensated for his previous work, even though he was not legally entitled to, he was accommodated

Just today Netflix put out a statement in support of the special and they suspended a trans engineer that took issue with the special on Twitter and supposedly tried to attend an internal meeting she wasn't invited to press the issue

For some reason, I don't think Dave is facing any material consequences for words.

He has not come close to being "canceled".

Last edited:
This is not a defense.

From what I understand Rosanne got some kind of brain injury.Hollywood has probably been keeping a short leash on her but then the internet came out.

People they tried to cancel for their thoughts and political beliefs
Kanye west
Dave Chappelle
Da baby
Doja cat
Jk Rowling
I don’t have to agree or respect everything any entertainer or artist says but can still like their art and that’s really my problem with the woke mob. They have the mentality if you ain’t with them in canceling their target of the week then you must be a maga republican that thinks a a like and supports everything they say or do.
I would say a majority of the celebrities and entertainers that's been canceled was justifiable. But if you still rock with them, I'm not going to hold it against you. As long as you're not dismissing heinous actions that's been proven legitimate. Personally, in extreme circumstances, I gotta cancel certain people because I choose to(R. Kelly, Kevin Spacey, Mel Gibson, a few other celebrities).

This is not a defense.

From what I understand Rosanne got some kind of brain injury.Hollywood has probably been keeping a short leash on her but then the internet came out.
Huh?

Roseanne fired off a racist tweet insulting a black woman, so ABC canceled the popular revival of the show she was on

Then a few weeks later they renewed a reworking of the show with her not being on it.

Roseanne essentially ended her TV career because of what she claimed was a joke

Roseanne legit got canceled, anyone wanna defend her stupidity?
No, but if I still want to watch and enjoy the roseanne show (I don’t watch that ****) I should be able to without any one automatically thinking I support her actions or thoughts. Same with Kanye after his stupid comments. And again that’s my problem with the woke mob.

No, but if I still want to watch and enjoy the roseanne show (I don’t watch that ****) I should be able to without any one automatically thinking I support her actions or thoughts. Same with Kanye after his stupid comments. And again that’s my problem with the woke mob.

Yea, this was a topic of discussion in the R. Kelly thread.

Some people want others to go out their way to STOP listening to R. Kelly, when a lot of people don't even actively SEEK R. Kelly's music in the first place.

So to "cancel" R. Kelly means what to someone that doesn't even listen to him forreal?

If you are "cancelling" someone, cool. No need to broadcast it and/or attempt to pressure others to operate in the same manner.

Not saying that's what's happening in here.

It is completely fair for people to have negative opinions about other people's negative opinions
That's fair but honestly, I don't even know why there is a back and forth about it forreal.

But I guess that is up to each party to engage in the first place.

sooo what’s stopping you from watching reruns of Roseanne or listing to any of Kanye’s albums?

not sure what other people have to do with you

you can still listen to r Kelly too.. or go watch Harvey Weinstein produced movies

how many people do you keep around you when you’re trying watch old tv shows or listen to music?

Yea, this was a topic of discussion in the R. Kelly thread.

Some people want others to go out their way to STOP listening to R. Kelly, when a lot of people don't even actively SEEK R. Kelly's music in the first place.

So to "cancel" R. Kelly means what to someone that doesn't even listen to him forreal?

If you are "cancelling" someone, cool. No need to broadcast it and/or attempt to pressure others to operate in the same manner.

That's fair but honestly, I don't even know why there is a back and forth about it forreal.

But I guess that is up to each party to engage in the first place.
On the flip side

There were dudes in that thread that proudly proclaimed, sometimes without provocation, they will continue to listen to his music

So if a dude is randomly proclaiming she will listen to Kelly's music, even has it becomes more and more clear he is an apex sexual predator, it is not surprising if some people start to look at dudes like that funny.

I mean people a free to consume whatever art/media they want.

But if some dude randomly offers up that they "will still watch every movie produced by Harvey Weinstein, they don't care" Then maybe, just maybe, someone will form a negative assumption about that person.

Huh?

Roseanne fired off a racist tweet insulting a black woman, so ABC canceled the popular revival of the show she was on

Then a few weeks later they renewed a reworking of the show with her not being on it.

Roseanne essentially ended her TV career because of what she claimed was a joke

36F0469C-6264-44EF-8EC1-488FAECD05CC.jpeg

This is not a defensive.

She BEEN off, probably BEEN saying wild ****, but not as many people were able to witness.

Dave Chapelle is a multi-millionaire is a stand up that is having his special played and promoted by the largest streaming service in the world

When he complained about not getting compensated for his previous work, even though he was not legally entitled to, he was accommodated

Just today Netflix put out a statement in support of the special and they suspended a trans engineer that took issue with the special on Twitter and supposedly tried to attend an internal meeting she wasn't invited to press the issue

For some reason, I don't think Dave is facing any material consequences for words.

He has not come close to being "canceled".
Oh word Netflix getting gangsta about their money like that?

Don't know how many corps stand by the money publicly when it's about those communities that cancel ppl and brands that aren't already right leaning and dont care.

On the flip side

There were dudes in that thread that proudly proclaimed, sometimes without provocation, they will continue to listen to his music

So if a dude is randomly proclaiming she will listen to Kelly's music, even has it becomes more and more clear he is an apex sexual predator, it is not surprising if some people start to look at dudes like that funny.

I mean people a free to consume whatever art/media they want.

But if some dude randomly offers up that they "will still watch every movie produced by Harvey Weinstein, they don't care" Then maybe, just maybe, someone will form a negative assumption about that person.
Yea, but I view both sides of the coin just as stupid forreal.

Like you said, folks will listen to what they are going to listen to.

Trying to pressure someone on an internet dress-up messageboard ain't changing that.

If you are going to continue consuming that person's material, fine do it in peace.
If you are going to stop listening to that person, cool, do it in peace.

This, "How can you............." talk is just a waste of time.

Especially considering we ALL shop/sleep in bed with/consume material/products from cancellable entities.

sooo what’s stopping you from watching reruns of Roseanne or listing to any of Kanye’s albums?

not sure what other people have to do with you

you can still listen to r Kelly too.. or go watch Harvey Weinstein produced movies

how many people do you keep around you when you’re trying watch old tv shows or listen to music?
Not a dam thing is stopping me from listening or watching whatever I want. But when you talk to people irl and tell them you enjoy let’s say Harry potter and they act like you’re a horrendous person for still supporting the author that made something you been enjoying for years before the controversy that bothers me. Like the “woke mob” (I hate this term) expect people to just stop supporting a hobby/show/artist you have been enjoying for years before.

Not a dam thing is stopping me from listening or watching whatever I want. But when you talk to people irl and tell them you enjoy let’s say Harry potter and they act like you’re a horrendous person for still supporting the author that made something you been enjoying for years before the controversy that bothers me. Like the “woke mob” (I hate this term) expect people to just stop supporting a hobby/show/artist you have been enjoying for years before.

harry potters movie are horrible, I don’t blame them

what hobby do you have that would be effected by r Kelly finally suffering the consequences of his actions?

harry potters movie are horrible, I don’t blame them

what hobby do you have that would be effected by r Kelly finally suffering the consequences of his actions?
Riding home from work on the west side high way listening to the street dreams remix on repeat with the windows down having people look at me all crazy or even saying things to me yeah **** like that. And I never got into anything Harry Potter except taking a girl on date to the movies was just using it as an example

Last edited:
Yea, but I view both sides of the coin just as stupid forreal.

Like you said, folks will listen to what they are going to listen to.

Trying to pressure someone on an internet dress-up messageboard ain't changing that.

If you are going to continue consuming that person's material, fine do it in peace.
If you are going to stop listening to that person, cool, do it in peace.

This, "How can you............." talk is just a waste of time.

Especially considering we ALL shop/sleep in bed with/consume material/products from cancellable entities.
My thing is watch/listen to what you want to watch/listen

But if someone got a negative opinion about something an artist you like did, they are free to have that as well

And If we engage on that topic, I am simply not gonna respect "woke mob" "cancel culture" "virtue signaling" "fake outrage" stuff dudes use as a defense for the favorite artist

Plus once someone crosses the line from passive consumer to an active defender, then the rules of how someone will judge you changes

Just because Kanye West makes you bop your head, or Dave Chapelle makes you laugh, or Joe Rogan makes you do whatever the **** Joe Rogan makes dudes do, that is not a reason to put the blinders on to their problematic behavior, and more importantly act like everyone else shouldn't have an issue with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom