David Fincher: House of Cards( BEWARE OF SPOILERS) (series) starring Kevin Spacey

I stared wide eyed at the screen for at LEAST two minutes during season 2 episode 1.

I did NOT see that coming. Like... At all.

Im not to well versed in US Politics can someone explain to me the congress scene in Season 2 Episode 3..

A quarum is the minimum number of people present needed for a legally recognized vote to go through according to Roberts Rule of Order, which is the standard for organizational protocol.

Franks side hurried up and got their people together in a rush for a vote that a lot of people already weren't showing up for, and when the opps saw this they all left so there would not be a quarum.

Under law, members of congress SHOULD be voting on every single issue, and the lack of a quarum allowed frank to put the other side on the spot by making them legally required under threat of arrest to show up within the next few (or maybe 24 I'm not sure) hours. This caused the opps to only have the bare minimum amount of votes needed TO vote, while franks side had a ******** of his people present for a swift victory of numbers.

My mom broke all this down for me since her job involves this kind of stuff (legal negotiations, etc.)

Last edited:
I'm hoping this lame editor Lucas dies. Aint nothing all that interesting about his grief, obsession and searching on the deep web just cuz they don't know he knows.

I'm hoping this lame editor Lucas dies. Aint nothing all that interesting about his grief, obsession and searching on the deep web just cuz they don't know he knows.
His time will come...if he gets the axe though, then old reporter girl from up north has to make a ...I'm a fan of her

with her old ***...

His time will come...if he gets the axe though, then old reporter girl from up north has to make a ...I'm a fan of her

View media item 804901

with her old ***...
Yeah Constance can definitely get it. When this show started I was wondering why she wasn't the main reporter messing with Underwood. Hope she comes back soon.

Damn...I just realized all the episodes are out, I'm just finishing the fourth episode...

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Im not to well versed in US Politics can someone explain to me the congress scene in Season 2 Episode 3..

A quarum is the minimum number of people present needed for a legally recognized vote to go through according to Roberts Rule of Order, which is the standard for organizational protocol.

Franks side hurried up and got their people together in a rush for a vote that a lot of people already weren't showing up for, and when the opps saw this they all left so there would not be a quarum.

Under law, members of congress SHOULD be voting on every single issue, and the lack of a quarum allowed frank to put the other side on the spot by making them legally required under threat of arrest to show up within the next few (or maybe 24 I'm not sure) hours. This caused the opps to only have the bare minimum amount of votes needed TO vote, while franks side had a ******** of his people present for a swift victory of numbers.

My mom broke all this down for me since her job involves this kind of stuff (legal negotiations, etc.)

:pimp: thank you!

Damn...I just realized all the episodes are out, I'm just finishing the fourth episode...

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
Every season all of the episodes are out. There are no spoilers. This is netflix not regular tv/cable.

This thread should go just like it's been going same way the Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black threads went.

Last edited:
Just started, on Episode 4 now.

Only thing I can think of when I watch this "riding 5 deep and I'm as dirty as them Congressmen"

Just finished season 2 and all I can say is wow. Not sure if it's been said before, but Frank Underwood = Senator Palpatine.

Just finished the season after a long-day marathon. The first episode was a great start to what I think was a disappointing season. I found it strange that so many story lines that seemed central to this show and the characters were not pursued more, and others took center stage. Still, great acting, writing, and production as always.

Bringing in one of the McPoyle brothers was a nice addition :lol: 8)

Just finished the season after a long-day marathon. The first episode was a great start to what I think was a disappointing season. I found it strange that so many story lines that seemed central to this show and the characters were not pursued more, and others took center stage. Still, great acting, writing, and production as always.
For example? :nerd:

Last edited:
This season has lots of Always Sunny Elements...

(spoilers through S02E11)

We get a McPolye brother, the gang (Francis and Donald) gets quarantined and deep down, this show is a love story between two men (and a bromance with the President, and two former junkies/prostitutes and a Chinese erotic chokel over and a VP Chief of Staff and his lesbian hush girl and a powerful lobbyist with a powerful BBC and a stuck up, white, dainty majority whip and Vice first lady and her husband the Guardsman).

Ive found, from the past season, that this series has to be watched again to fully grasp the depth of the story line.

Back
Top Bottom