Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 7/11/14

Movie was dope
Koda with that JFK grassy knoll patsy assassination attempt :lol:
Caesar was that dude when he started talking I was like :wow:
Real talk I almost shed a tear at some parts
Hope we get another sequel soon

Movie was great.

It's crazy how these people doing the MoCap move exactly like ******* apes, :lol:

Whoever played Koba was amazing and I don't even need to say anything about Serkis, everyone already knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
loved the first movie of this reboot. gonna watch it again before I go see this one this weekend.

The facial expression in the apes was just too good

That's another thing, the CGI was even better than the 1st one.

The closeups of the apes were unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait to watch this. rise of the planet of the apes was great, hoping that this is good also

Pretty long, but real to the point on everything.
I actually enjoyed this one due to the darker theme.
I have a theory on the ending, but I'll let other NT watch it first.

Yeah those close-ups on the apes were tremendous. Great story and mood, this unlikely turned into one of my favorite ongoing series

Movie was definitely solid and I must say I am looking forward to another one, but I will admit I liked the first one better but only by a slight margin.

Buck from part 1 >

Yes, including Ceasar...

Ill movie.. Kobas character was mind blowing
this. many
eek.gif
moments

Awesome movie. These new Planet of the Apes films are really coming out great. Caesar is a force, dude was a bawze.

There were a few parts in the movie that had me like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

Koba is a hater

Apes do not kill apes

You are not a ape

:lol:

btw after going to the 84th street (NYC) movie theater you'll never want to go anywhere else $17 a ticket :x

Last edited:
Propaganda in war fear mongering
Koba didn't want to lead he just wanted to exercise his demons specially how he went in during the fight

Caught Planet of the Apes last night. It was pretty good, Ceaser made this movie. It was more of a character study and rise to power. The humans were more props to push the story forward rather than being  necessary.

A few things
1. Ceasers son was a chump, he didn't do much and for all that you didn't really get a sense of who he was. he was just kind of there for most of the movie until the plot called for him to do something...semi heroic.
2. The reasons the humans were even in conflict with the Apes was ridiculous. The whole reason the war started was because people needed power, even to the point one of the characters says "They don't need power, electricity, thats what makes them strong" Humans have been around for around 5k years, electricity has been around for about a hunded fifty...it's pretty clear in that type of scenario, power wouldn't have big a major concern, we would have started new civilizations. Going to war with the Apes when/how they did was foolish. Humans could have blew up the bridge, built alternative sources of power, then attacked the Apes by ship/all those damn skud missiles they. Send scouts and such to find out exactly where they are. Apes can't swim that well and they were on an island...isolated, ya could have taken your time to dispose of them properly instead of rushing for power...power you don't really need.

3. The "good guy" human was so wack. He wasn't very smart and wasn't a very good character. Plus his son was shallow, "He's seen things no child should have to see" but still is to soft to really make a difference when the Apes attack. Also, why didn't they even attempt to check out Franco's  crib for medical supplies? You knew Ceaser used to live there, so you should expect that there were some supllies in the house, at least have looked.

4. The villian human(Gary Olderman) was wack also. His little plan to blow up the building didn't work...like at all, it' just made Ceasers fight slightly more interesting. He didn't even have that much to do in the story, he was very shallow.

5. Lastly, there were a lot of pot holes, one glaring one, Olderman said "We have contacted someone else" but in the scene right before that he is talking about how he they haven't made contact with anyone...overall the script wasn't very well written. (And I know he heard someone right before he took the radio from the the building when the Apes were attacking, but they never said they were coming, it was supposed to be implied I guess, but thats just convient, one line could have solved it.
Overall, I'm not disappointed, Ceaser was a bad *** and Koba was a damn smart Ape. But...the story was good, it just wasn't very well written; so many cop outs, so many things were convenient. It's a character study... and they had some damn good characters (Ceaser and Koba)

If there is a third one, it better be the ish, they are slowly expanding and I think they could take on a military, they way they fight, they waythey move, we should get to see Ceasers military genius in tihs...

koba was def a driving force in the movie if you love him you'll love him in the fantastic 4 reboot, the actor that plays him will indeed be playing doctor doom.

movie was def on point, saw a matinee showing and the scene with koba invovling machine guns got gasps from everyone

Back
Top Bottom