Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 7/11/14

Dude just disappeared :smh: :lol:

:smh: I thought that was lame as hell. Dude's only purpose was to tell Dopey that he was gonna kick his ***. :lol: :smh: After that his purpose had been served.

So many things wrong with the movie that I could write a list of them. By the way, why were there only two people guarding the armory, if you want to call target practice and weapons testing guard duty. Then, after an army of apes led by a talking ape show up to your city, those two idiots drop their guard for the circus routine?

Oh yeah and the humans had a tank and rockets and never thought to push the line out to set up a perimeter outside of the city? >D

The humans obviously had gas as evidenced by their cars... but in all of San Francisco they couldn't find any gas powered generators? Huh?

:smh:

The more I think about it, the less sense the movie made.

Last edited:
That Mockingjay teaser. OMG

:pimp:

ib0ugILKsZ07Hn.gif

CAN'T WAIT

Last edited:
Just enjoi monkey's on horses. This movie will get a pass on all the dumb ish that went on. This whole movie could have been avoided.

"Hey, it's a post apoloclyptic future, but we can still grow, gather and hunt....oh a super complicated dam to light up a city of millions even though it's only like a thousand of us? oh it's on this island that are controlled by talking apes? Yeah..lets go start a war...make sure we place all the weapons on the ape side of our compound so they can steal them and we wouldn't notice...oh and please make sure we only have two drunk idiots guarding our entire weapons stash from a ridiculous vantage point, absolutely no reason to have a couple of snipers on the roof...oh and after they come, from the only road that leads into town, no need to place any type of bombs or guards along the road in case they come back...matter fact, lets keep they're only way of getting off the island entacted...all of this will work out, trust me."

It's hard to believe I still like this movie despite all the glaring holes. Monkey's on horses got me.

Last edited:
One thing that bothered me was how the humans had a tank and lost against some apes randomly shooting.

If there's another movie I wonder how they will have the apes deal with trained soldiers.

Last edited:
:smh: I thought that was lame as hell. Dude's only purpose was to tell Dopey that he was gonna kick his ***. :lol: :smh: After that his purpose had been served.

So many things wrong with the movie that I could write a list of them. By the way, why were there only two people guarding the armory, if you want to call target practice and weapons testing guard duty. Then, after an army of apes led by a talking ape show up to your city, those two idiots drop their guard for the circus routine?

Oh yeah and the humans had a tank and rockets and never thought to push the line out to set up a perimeter outside of the city? >D

The humans obviously had gas as evidenced by their cars... but in all of San Francisco they couldn't find any gas powered generators? Huh?

:smh:

you are assuming that they cant just roam the city and stuff. you are making assumptions, the attack didnt happen until after they killed those two guys thats how koba staged the assassination.

plus it was that one monkey acting stupid so the gurds took it lightly, the humans werent aware that they got followed so they felt the armory was safe.

One thing that bothered me was how the humans had a tank and lost against some apes randomly shooting.

If there's another movie I wonder how they will have the apes deal with trained soldiers.

it wasnt a saled tank b ...you saw what happened

you are assuming that they cant just roam the city and stuff. you are making assumptions, the attack didnt happen until after they killed those two guys thats how koba staged the assassination.

plus it was that one monkey acting stupid so the gurds took it lightly, the humans werent aware that they got followed so they felt the armory was safe.

Assuming who can't roam the city?

I know the attack happened after they killed those two guys, I never said otherwise. I'm aware that they got their weapons after that. Not sure what you're saying.

As far as those two guys dropping their guard, Koba did recon on their armory and came back to get the weapons. Those guys were the only two people posted at the armory and AFTER the apes road up on horseback a few days before, their dumb ***** still let an ape get that close to their stash? >D Made no sense. Caesar made it clear that it was on if the humans and them crossed paths again. So those dudes who were obviously part of the military or security faction of the humans, and knowing that, let an ape get up close and grab a rifle?

I just didn't buy that scene among many others.

Last edited:
6 Reasons Why Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is Basically The Lion King

When it comes down to it, all the animals in the animal kingdom are basically the same. And thus, movies about those animals have pretty much identical plotlines. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes hits theaters today, about a breed of apes who take over the world after humans are wiped out by a virus. The movie is fantastic, the visuals are stunning, and the motion capture which Andy Serkis and the rest of the actors used to make those apes come alive is unreal. But let’s get to the actual facts here—it’s basically a fancier, more high-tech version of The Lion King, but with monkeys instead of lions. Here’s why:

1. The leader has a sidekick. You know how Mufasa and Simba have Zazu, the adorably annoying little bird? King Caesar’s right-hand man is Rocket, who, while not quite as talkative as Zazu, certainly has his fair share of opinions.

2. The mother gives birth to a cute little animal that you’ll want to adopt. Early on in The Lion King, Sarabi gives birth to a cute, adorable, tiny little Simba. In Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Caesar’s wife Cornelia births the couple’s second son, and the little monkey is the cutest thing you ever did see.

3. The father/son relationship is at the center of the movie. Apes’ main storyline, underneath all the sci-fi, is about the father/son relationship. Caesar imparts words of wisdom onto his son, Blue Eyes, and there’s even a human father/son pair in the film that mirrors the apes’ relationship. And of course, the greatest thing about The Lion King is Simba’s relationship with his daddy Mufasa, whom he admires so dearly.

4. The bad guy tries to steal the kingdom from the good guy. One of the final scenes in Apes is nearly identical to the one in The Lion King. You know when Simba throws Scar over the edge of the cliff, just like Scar had done to Mufasa earlier on when he died? That happens again here with Caesar and Koba, the Scar equivalent, except I won’t tell you if there’s a death involved this time. Spoiler alert, hello.

5. There’s a stampede. Unfortunately for the animal kingdom in The Lion King, Mufasa dies in a stampede of hyenas that was a doing of his evil brother. Luckily there were no deaths by stampede in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, though the humans did get bombarded by an ape stampede when they first came onto the apes’ territory.
20th Century Fox

6. There’s a mantra. “Hakuna matata” was Timon and Pumbaa’s wonderful phrase quote to live by—it means no worries, by the way. The apes’ mantra is “ape not kill ape.” Both teach very valuable lessons to us human folk, clearly.

Also saw that the og PotA movies were playing yesterday so I decided to give them a watch and I'm not sure what to think of them :lol:

:lol: Whenever Koba was hanging off the edge and Caesar reached out to grab him I looked over to my girl and said "Scar from Lion King"

The other points are there too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom