Day Z- The First Hardcore Zombie Apocalypse Game

Concept for this game is great and this someone who is not a fan of games with zombies in it but I dig the survival aspect with online play. I am very intrigued to see what improvements the make graphically and if this ever would come to consoles because if it did I would definitely cop.

Thanks for posting OP!

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by Noskey

Looks fun. But you have to have ARMA2 before being able to get this, right?
It's an ARMA 2 mod, so yeah.
I was thinking about purchasing ARMA 2 on steam like 5 minutes ago just for this mod. 
laugh.gif

It'll be something to do waiting for Walking Dead to come back.
Figured. My laptop cant handle newish games
frown.gif

Heeeey! This looks nice! Definitely going to have to play this with my boys.

I see a lot of copy cat games coming out in the future. Bet COD Zombies does something similar.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by Noskey

Looks fun. But you have to have ARMA2 before being able to get this, right?
It's an ARMA 2 mod, so yeah.
I was thinking about purchasing ARMA 2 on steam like 5 minutes ago just for this mod. 
laugh.gif

It'll be something to do waiting for Walking Dead to come back.

You need the Operation Arrowhead expansion as well.

The servers are a mess right now.
You can get the combined ops from the steam store. That's what the website says you need to play the game, along with the mod files of course.

It's sooo real out here�
roll.gif

Edit: Can I run this on a 2.5ghz quad-core i5 with 4GB Ram iMac???? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

This is a dream come true type of game. If only it were more realistic looking, needs better graphics nd maybe a bit more gore. also one shot kill has to go, everything else is
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

yea, also if your gonna have a fast moving zombie game, the controls have to be tighter. Aiming with that revolver looked unresponsive. Im also not a fan of the 1 life thing mixed with pvp. People are just gonna be %@%@! and go around killing each other, and then you have to start over. Good in theory, but not in real life

Originally Posted by buggz05

It's sooo real out here�
roll.gif

Edit: Can I run this on a 2.5ghz quad-core i5 with 4GB Ram iMac????�
nerd.gif

Not available for Mac, but there is a free version of ARMA 2 for those that want to test their computers

http://www.arma2.com/free

Tr1ll wrote:
Why is it that regular people make games than the industry?

Politics and sales. The industry usually has to take the safe option so that they dont lose out on any money if the game flops. Independent developers have nothing to lose, so they take risks and do original things.

There is no way in hell this going to run smoothly on a 6750m video card I'm thinking... I'm going to have to up my iMac game...

Getting around the Mac OS should be cake... I have every version of Windows ever released ready for a bootcamp or vmware. But I don't think my video card is upto the task... sucks
frown.gif

I'm downloading it at the crib right now while I'm at work. On a mac but I plan on running it through parallels. How do the servers work? Could we get an NT crew together and try to find some helicopters and %@#?

Originally Posted by bruce negro

I'm downloading it at the crib right now while I'm at work. On a mac but I plan on running it through parallels. How do the servers work? Could we get an NT crew together and try to find some helicopters and %*$?

Right now that would be hard to coordinate. The servers are jam packed. Takes a while for one slot to open up let alone 3-5 slots. Then when you do get in you are spawned to a random location, so you gotta figure out where you are and where everyone else is. You can get around the random spawn issue by killing yourself till everyone spawns in the same city tho.

Back
Top Bottom