DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Yeah that wouldve been smart but it seems like this WW isn't going for that women empowerment vibe

Nah. Just comprehend. It's easy. She embodies women empowerment herself as a character but the film doesn't seem to be going for that at as a whole. It's pretty clear what the plot is about. Fish out of water element along with WW1 stuff.

Last edited:
Speaking of WW. Plot details that may have already been posted. Not sure.

- The story is framed by the modern day with Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) flashing back to her origin story.

– The film will show Diana as a child growing up on the island of Themiscyra.

– Within this flashback, there will be a story told to young Diana about the creation of the Amazons, their relationship to Zeus and Ares, and why they’ve decided to remain hidden from mankind.

– Diana’s mother, Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), originally doesn’t want Diana to be a warrior, but Diana trains in secret with her aunt, General Antiope (Robin Wright), and Hippolyta eventually accepts her daughter’s goals.

– When American intelligence officer Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) crash lands on Themiscyra, Wonder Woman rescues him, but the first big battle scene comes with German soldiers, who have followed Trevor to the island, square off against the Amazons.

– After the battle, Trevor tells of the Great War, and that he has recovered secret plans that intend to ruin the armistice. When he goes to sail to London, Diana decides to go with him because she believes that Ares is behind World War I.

– She grabs her armor, bracelets, sword, and shield from Themiscyra before leaving with Trevor.

– Once in London, the film becomes a bit of a fish out of water story as Diana, who is naïve and hopeful, is fascinated by the “modern” world (the film takes place in 1918).

– The main human villains are the rogue German general Ludendorff (Danny Huston) and the scarred scientist Dr. Maru (Elena Anaya), who devises various poisons. There’s also the specter of the god of war Ares’ involvement in the larger scheme of things.

– David Thewlis  plays Assemblyman Sir Patrick Morton, a British politician advocating for peace.

– Overall, the film looks like a bit of a combination between Thor  and Captain America: The First Avenger. The stuff in Themiscyra is Thor  (a god who has never known the human world) and the stuff in World War I is Captain America (a superhero in the middle of a worldwide, mechanized war), and audiences, having accepted both those movies, should have no trouble investing in the tone Jenkins’ is going for.

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-things-to-know/#filming

Hmmmm,,, combo of THOR and FIRST AVENGER, eh? Well, those are kinda the weaker Marvel entries but not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, they're better than anything DC has put out.

But my expectations are pretty low tbh

:lol: she'll probably crash a plane into ice, to keep her evil sister from getting a mother box that will allow her to assume the throne of Themyscira and simultaneously threaten mankind. Amanda Waller will probably find her too in an end credits scene

Last edited:
I read from people that went to the edit bay visit that WW is pretty impactful. You see Wondy handle some goons while saving Steve Trevor in that Superman 78-esque scene in the trailer. It might not beat people over the head with, "Look at me. I'm a woman.", but just her being a female hero with that much power is pretty empowering for people who've been waiting to see a female led CBM. Especially kids.

:lol: she'll probably crash a plane into ice, to keep her evil sister from getting a mother box that will allow her to assume the throne of Themyscira and simultaneously threaten mankind. Amanda Waller will probably find her too in an end credits scene

:lol: then to be unfrozen and waking up just prior to the events of MoS. Followed by an alien invasion of NY......errr Metropolis that was opened up by the mother box that was frozen with her. Then that leads up to the formation of Justice League :pimp:

Last edited:
Damn the poll stats is hurting my feelings. RFX take it down. I'll behave. I'll be good. I promise.

Last edited:
I haven't even voted in that poll, but wow at the amel shade. I think you guys have been getting excessive with it. :lol:

I love Haley Atwell's beautiful breasteses as much as the next guy and what amel said was high treason, but you guys are ruthless in the MCU thread. :rofl:

I mean the idea of a cross between Cap and Thor sounds good but those movies weren't all that good. Just stepping stones. It's take a lot for the concept to work.

The run down reads interesting though.

It's strange but given my lack of interest in WW I did just assume being a woman especially for when this is set would be a focal point cuz it's kinda ingrained in the character.

Just hope they come up with a legit reason why WW basically decided to lay low for almost a 100 years

I hope they didn't just decide the whole first avenger thing was a cool idea, without remembering dude was frozen in that in between period

Well she has her whole mythical world to explore as a warrior.

Given the horrid messages 2/3rds of the DC trinity have sent maybe by the end of WW Diana is like screw man's world you demented ***** can go fend for yourselves I'll stick to fighting GODs and monsters.

That would explain her not showing up for the great depression, WW2, other countless unjust wars around the world, and then Zod's attempted destruction of Earth.

I mean BvS gave the vibe she just checks in on mankind like a ******* spy for things that may hold her interest; monsters and ****. She was cool with hopping on a commercial fight while Supes and Bats fought (possibly to the death) after sharing some info with Bruce. The second she sees that pathetic excuse for Doomsday she hops off that plane like she saw some irrestible D she had to snu snu to death.

So her whole reasoning could be humanity was too boring to save or care for like that. Falls in line with Superman's **** the world if it means my secret might get out and Bat's 1% chance of being a threat = absolutely have to kill you outlook.

Last edited:
^ In other words: DC had no idea what they were doing but putting Batman/Superman/WonderWoman together seemed too awesome an idea to pass up...logic be damned

Last edited:
Her going back home at the end of the world war isn't a good reason? She helped out and was done.

Last edited:
That's an issue that gets brought up when more and more heroes are introduced. It's been discussed in the marvel thread too. If this person existed when this bad guy wanted to rule or destroy the world then why didn't he show up and help.

This specific one was brought up during BvS. Like she skipped WW2?

she also skipped the civil war, the American and French revolutions, etc etc etc because she was isolated until a plane crash landed on her homeland. maybe she goes back into isolation there and no planes from ww2 showed up to drag her back out.

Back
Top Bottom