DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

^Exactly. Sounds like she only learns about WWI because of Steve crashing on the island. Unless they give her access to a magic mirror to gain intel on the outside world i'm not sure why she'd know about WWII. Reminds me of the situation in Superman Returns. Bad as that film was, Superman not showing up to Lex Luthor's trial to testify because he was in space and therefore didn't know about the trial was a reasonable explanation for his absence.

Last edited:
^Exactly. Sounds like she only learns about WWI because of Steve crashing on the island. Unless they give her access to a magic mirror to gain intel on the outside world i'm not sure why she'd know about WWII.

but we still need an explanation about how she got back out into "man's world" by the time BVS happened

the world engine from MOS that zod was using to reshape the climate could have shook up themyscira. that would be a reasonable way to get her back out inot the world by the events of BVS

^Exactly. Sounds like she only learns about WWI because of Steve crashing on the island. Unless they give her access to a magic mirror to gain intel on the outside world i'm not sure why she'd know about WWII.

but we still need an explanation about how she got back out into "man's world" by the time BVS happened

the world engine from MOS that zod was using to reshape the climate could have shook up themyscira. that would be a reasonable way to get her back out inot the world by the events of BVS

It could be as simple as a year or two before BvS she became curious as to what had been going on in the outside world and began venturing out again. Along the way she discovers Luthor has her picture, which leads to her actively spending more time away from the island in order to find it. Battle of Metropolis could definitely play some part in that or even her just being sent out by one of her Gods.

Last edited:
Maybe she just went back home. Not like they had internet on Themyscara to see what's going on around the world.

Or maybe the events of WWI teach her not to meddle in Man's problems [emoji]127995[/emoji]‍♂️ Y'all nit picking already even before the last trailer comes out

Last edited:
why don't we just wait and how they pull it off?

and it's DC so I am sure the thread will be flooded anyways

marvel checks being sent out as we speak

Last edited:
But it's not one event, it's a whole century :lol:

What world-affecting superhero battles were happening between WW and MoS/BvS? Aware me brethren because I'm apparently out of the loop. And Batman scrapping with schizophrenics in Gotham don't count.

Where was the allegedly "Ancient" One and her army of wizards when the Nazis wanted to use an Infinity Stone to take over the world in 1945?

Where were they when Loki invaded New York (where one of the Sanctums happen to be located btw) with an army of aliens?

Where was prominent superhero celebrity with a supersonic flight suit Iron Man when HYDRA almost committed genocide?

Where were any combination of these noted superheroes, national security professionals, wizards, or otherwise notable figures during any other applicable incident in the MCU across the 10 year period of its film history and 75+ year period of its chronological history? :rolleyes

Last edited:
Why does everything turn into a Marvel sent out checks thing in here?

Is this not a discussion thread? Discussing what potentially happened to her is nitpicking now?

:smh:

Last edited:
We should basically just wait for the film to see how it plays out to properly critique this thing, but X-character not being involved in Y-event/series of events is nothing new in either comics or fiction, so it really wouldn't be odd for Diana to not show up for a century, especially since she's an Amazon. Seems like they could blend the updated Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman history, in which Hippolyta (Diana's mother) was active was Wonder Woman during WW2, returned to Paradise Island, and then had Diana entering the world as Wonder Woman during the modern age, in like the 1980s at the time, as part of a mission she was sent on by the Gods. There's never any real question of why Hippolyta didn't return to help with whatever was going on in the years after WW2 (Which included all of her teammates on the Justice Society of America being trapped in Hell/Limbo iirc). She just didn't seem to be aware of it and spent her time living with and ruling her people. In this case, Diana's Wonder Woman during WW1, returns to her island after the war is over, and then returns in the modern age.

Just based on her convo with Bats at the end of Dawn of Justice, her original journey into the world wasn't exactly pitch perfect and left her somewhat sour on the idea of Supers getting involved with regular folk. Heck, she could have developed some sort of PTSD or trauma from seeing all her new companions die in horrible ways. They could also go another route too, one which would fit with the tone of the DCEU. That entire hearing Superman faced in Dawn of Justice showed that there's an immense distrust towards people with special abilities. Per the comics, the members of the Justice Society of America once faced something similar, during WW2, wherein they were asked to reveal their identities due to the fear or spies and masks at the time. So, maybe Diana helps in the war, but faces increasing scrutiny from the government, with her being blamed for this or that, and the people turning on her at the war's end. So, she leaves and doesn't come back.

Poochie died on his way back to his home planet

******* Poochie man :lol: :rofl: :smh: One of the best examples of a scrappy doo type character after the original that i've ever seen. Nobody liked that guy (Though many forget that as far as Scrappy goes, he was massively popular at the time of his introduction and saved the franchise).

This specific one was brought up during BvS. Like she skipped WW2?

she also skipped the civil war, the American and French revolutions, etc etc etc because she was isolated until a plane crash landed on her homeland. maybe she goes back into isolation there and no planes from ww2 showed up to drag her back out.
It's not skipping if she didn't know/couldn't travel to man's world.

What's the timeline for her birth?

You telling me she spent thousands of years with her mother keeping her from being a warrior and then hundreds of years of her aunt secretly training her and then she became a fulfledged Amazon warrior and then things like the civil war and she was just chilling?

Also I'm not buying that it'll always take a plane to land/crash on her island for her to leave. That's silly.

But it's not one event, it's a whole century :lol:

What world-affecting superhero battles were happening between WW and MoS/BvS? Aware me brethren because I'm apparently out of the loop. And Batman scrapping with schizophrenics in Gotham don't count.

Where was the allegedly "Ancient" One and her army of wizards when the Nazis wanted to use an Infinity Stone to take over the world in 1945?

Where were they when Loki invaded New York (where one of the Sanctums happen to be located btw) with an army of aliens?

Where was prominent superhero celebrity with a supersonic flight suit Iron Man when HYDRA almost committed genocide
Did you not watch Dr. Strange? Or ever read a Dr. Strange comic? :lol:

In the movie, she says or Mordo that while the Avengers deal with that other **** we **** with the mystical.

In the comics, Dr. Strange isn't the strict definition of a superhero. He's not off using magic to prevent Hydra from taking over the world. If that's what mankind chooses/letsnhappen, so be it. It's only when that summoning demons and making pacts with devils is when he'll appear.

Dr. Strange is not the guy you should be asking where were you :lol:

Where were any combination of these noted superheroes, national security professionals, wizards, or otherwise notable figures during any other applicable incident in the MCU across the 10 year period of its film history and 75+ year period of its chronological history? :rolleyes
The Avengers are off world, the F4 is in the negative zone, SHIELD is on their way.

Last edited:
Did you not watch Dr. Strange? Or ever read a Dr. Strange comic? :lol:

In the movie, she says or Mordo that while the Avengers deal with that other **** we **** with the mystical.

In the comics, Dr. Strange isn't the strict definition of a superhero. He's not off using magic to prevent Hydra from taking over the world. If that's what mankind chooses/letsnhappen, so be it. It's only when that summoning demons and making pacts with devils is when he'll appear.

Dr. Strange is not the guy you should be asking where were you :lol:

The Ancient One is the apparent keeper of the Time Stone. The two separate incursions involving the Space Stone might warrant her attention :lol:

Dr. Strange meets with Thor because as a sorcerer, his goal is to keep extradimensional entities like Thor and Loki in check.

So his predecessors gave no **** when said extradimensional entity invades NY and kills hundreds? :lol:

And she missed numerous centuries worth of events prior to that. So what?

Yeah and the world was still aight without her. If i'm not getting paid to help with every world crisis then i'd be chillin on my island too without any news programs or newspapers.

Back
Top Bottom