DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Flash probably isn't gonna even get his own movie. I don't think they are going to reboot anything. tbh the current assumed slate should take them up another 4-5 years

All assumptions btw

WW & JL part 1: 2017
Batman, Aquaman: 2018
JL part 2, Suicide squad(or the Harley movie): 2019
Green lantern, MoS 2: 2020

That's also not counting stuff like a batman sequel, Shazam movie or a Nightwing movie

I just can't see them rebooting anything at this point. Even if Ben leaves after JL2 that's not gonna be the end of the universe. Batman movies would just take a hiatus

Last edited:
I doubt they're soft rebooting Supes. No doubt we'll see a "happier" Supes in MOS2. Superman does have those light, feel good moments, like when he first flies or when he meets Lois, but he's also fighting dudes like Zod and Batman trying to clip him. Supes was kind of a killjoy in the Timmverse. He was more stoic and Wally was always the happy-go-lucky guy.

If they want some real good times. They need to introduce these guys. :lol: :pimp:

1f2bfc2c_JL3000_Cv12.jpeg

Still say that Braniac would have worked as the villain for the first Justice League film and tied in nicely with the fact that this franchise started with Superman. Could have easily begun introducing him back in Man of Steel.

Didn't know they were considering a "soft reboot". Not even sure how I feel about that. Not even sure what that really means :lol:

Whats the over/under Flash messes with the timeline for this "soft reboot" rumor?

Ashley Mova and Perry Nemiroff :wow:

Just to properly differentiate between the two, a reboot or a continuity reboot takes place when someone wants to use an old franchise/concept (Batman, Godzilla, The Mummy, etc.), but doesn't want to set it in the same universe as the previous version(s) that existed for whatever reason. Thus, he just starts over from scratch. This can take place in a number of different ways, but that's pretty much the basics of it. All 3 of the franchises I mentioned are examples, with The Mummy actually about to go through another reboot, via the Tom Cruise film releasing in a few months. King Kong: Skull Island is another example, in which this newest film clearly has nothing to do with the 2005 film, which in turn had nothing to do with any King Kong film before it. Those are all continuity or "hard" reboots, where no previous material matters.

The Soft Reboot is similar, still rewriting the continuity/universe, but doing so in a way that doesn't switch over to a completely new universe. Thus, everything that happened in the previous version would still happen were a Soft Reboot to take place, but various facts or characters might be altered in certain ways for the new work. The Soft Reboot typically takes place when the majority of things about the character/franchise are considered to work, but a few things just need to be updated for the modern world or something, or if something has to be changed so a story can still take place at all. I'd argue that Batman Forever is an example. It's generally considered to take place in the same universe as the previous 2 films. However, a number of things are changed. Beyond just Batman being played by a different actor, Gotham City looks different, Batman isn't as kill happy, and generally the film has a completely different tone from the previous 2.

I've seen people argue for Terminator Genisys as another example, wherein the changes are actually explained as happening due to time travel, but the original timeline is still considered a part of the canon as well. Comics do this pretty randomly in my opinion. Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman's general origins have all been updated a number of times, with things happening slightly differently (such as whether or not Batman ever discovered who killed his parents or what Krypton was like before it was destroyed), but with the heroes themselves remaining exactly the same and the rest of their stories not changing either. I think at one point, right before Flashpoint, Superman had about 3 different origin stories in fact, all of which were supposed to apply to the exact same Superman. The origins were just changed/updated slightly for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Jays25 is one of the best posters on here. I always appreciate his knowledge and because of him I've got into some more comic runs I haven't read yet, but I went damn near cross-eyed just now. :lol:

I've said multiple times, with them going MOS first.. the 2nd superman movie should have been brainiac

And that movie would essentially be like 'civil war' with all the other characters having to get involved, since he would be another global threat.. you do the individual introduction films for the other characters after MOS (with none of them having the huge blow up the world threat like MOS, especially not SS), then you have MOS 2 which serves as them all having to come together.. or just call that the first justice league movie

Also instead of the senator out in public asking all these questions about super intentions.. that should have been lex and then you see him plotting behind the scenes and his rage and jealousy and all that

My ***** you gonna have to start splitting some of that **** up
Jays25 is one of the best posters on here. I always appreciate his knowledge and because of him I've got into some more comic runs I haven't read yet, but I went damn near cross-eyed just now. :lol:

:lol: :rofl:

Won't even lie, I looked back up at it and felt the same way. I split the second paragraph and i'll try to do better in the future.

If Joss Whedon said we aren't going to have RDJ suit up at all in Avengers and Mark Ruffalo is such a great actor it going to be more about him being Banner this go around, no Hulk, there's no way anyone would be able to defend that and if someone called that a damn near masterpiece.....please.

Look at why a ton of people killed IM3.. or singer's reluctance to do the same with the xmen, even after the success of other CBMs

Hell, Ive mentioned numerous times in here the line dropped in the dark knight about Bruce wanting a more functional costume and the suit they decided to go with for BVS

And now dude is going full nite owl

Last edited:
Didn't know they were considering a "soft reboot". Not even sure how I feel about that. Not even sure what that really means :lol:

Whats the over/under Flash messes with the timeline for this "soft reboot" rumor?

Ashley Mova and Perry Nemiroff :wow:

They gonna X-Men first class their way out of this mess.

I mean they are still pretty early in the process..

First class is a poor example if that's what they are looking at, singer was the producer so a full reboot and doing away with his x films wasn't going happen.. sooooo a proper first class wasn't going happen (so no Jean, Scott, Bobby, beast, etc.. the original students)

Captain America would be their best bet or even the Incredible Hulk.. where you kinda sorta acknowledge the previous movies but not really, you move on in tone or whatever else.. but the previous movies just show that those characters exist and so no need for an origin story and for everyone's sake please gawd no 'superman returns' route

Basically anything with singer involved isn't a good plan

But D.C., really needs to storyboard their whole universe with a legit sort of skeleton or something.. can't have SS basically pulling the exact same global destroying threat as MOS (and especially on top of that have batman who was in the film not do a damn thing.. when he went to war with superman over someone else doing shh)

Last edited:
Batman film wont start production until 2017l8 because of Matt Reeves committment to whatever Ape film he's doing

whole lotta typing to defend a so called "point of view" :lol:

deer lord please let mathew vaughn direct mos 2

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

You could just go with the ole: "didn't read lol"

Why the want for Vaughn if you got the "gawd" Snyder doh?

but i dont hate the movies and the guy like yall do

but i like matthew vaughns work even more so thats why i said the movies can be better with a guy like vaughn

but i dont hate the movies and the guy like yall do

but i like matthew vaughns work even more so thats why i said the movies can be better with a guy like vaughn

None of us have met the guy to "hate" him.. most of us just think he's limited

He did really well with 300.. also did well with dawn of the dead.. watchmen was decent.. sucker punch was a major let down

He does well with simple.. he is what he is.. with these properties he is trying to do way too much, as is everyone involved in the 3 films to date

I wouldn't be opposed to him doing a standalone bat film or certain other properties.. just think he was a poor choice for superman and justice league.. if he wanted to pull a 300/watchmen with the dark knight returns story, I'd be for that

I hate Michael bay.. I strongly dislike singer.. Snyder I don't hate, but I do wish he would be more self aware and stay in his lane

Beautiful visuals, Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL scores, Larry Fong cinematography, Batfleck whooping that ***, Jeremy Irons, Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon throwing down as Supes and Zod, Faora, Viola Davis, Gal Gadot, Margot Robbie, and all that other goodness. James Wan directing Momoaquaman with Amber Heard as Mera. Patty Jenkins directing Wonder Woman. Matt Reeves and Batfleck forming like Voltron. Lethal Weapon in Space GLC. Shazam and Black Adam. Mother******* Nightwing. Doug Liman directing Justice League Dark. And so on and so forth.

Sounds great to me too. :pimp:
View media item 2309331

DCEU Ranking for me:

1. MoS: 7/8
2. BoS (Directors Cut): 6.75/8
3B. WW: TBD
3A. JL: TBD
100. SS: -10
Agreed. MOS to me was near/or at masterpiece status. Although i'd rank SS higher. I didn't hate it. I had a lot of fun with that movie. 

:rofl:

Beautiful visuals, Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL scores, Larry Fong cinematography, Batfleck whooping that ***, Jeremy Irons, Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon throwing down as Supes and Zod, Faora, Viola Davis, Gal Gadot, Margot Robbie, and all that other goodness. James Wan directing Momoaquaman with Amber Heard as Mera. Patty Jenkins directing Wonder Woman. Matt Reeves and Batfleck forming like Voltron. Lethal Weapon in Space GLC. Shazam and Black Adam. Mother******* Nightwing. Doug Liman directing Justice League Dark. And so on and so forth.

Sounds great to me too. :pimp:

Here's the takeaway though, and the golden rule of storytelling: if the writing isn't airtight none of this **** matters :smh:

Back
Top Bottom