DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

The question isnt partnering with a hero i think it would be which villians. I like him taking on Braniac and someon else

make is solely about him to make it a legitimated sequel to MoS

partnering him up with someone like BvS will just get a huge backlash again

when it was announced people already slaughtered DC for not having faith in Supes and capitalizing on bats popularity

he has enough story/villains to write good story, just avoid Lex wanting more real state as a plot

I just wonder in todays cbm climate, if these studios will go back to solo ventures without other heroes being involved. For some reason, i really have a feeling that Wonder Woman will be in it

I mean going to batman vs superman was a terrible idea from the jump, because then you to try to figure out a justifiable reason why they would be going at it.. And for that to be the 2nd movie, was especially bad

But ripping off the dark knight returns without the other elements that went into that story, was just a terrible idea

I just wonder in todays cbm climate, if these studios will go back to solo ventures without other heroes being involved. For some reason, i really have a feeling that Wonder Woman will be in it

You can.. but it can't be a global threat.. just doesn't make sense

I could understand there being ramifications for every other being on earth after the events of MOS.. so would make sense for WW and aquaman to no longer think they can stay out of the affairs of man.. or if the green lantern corp figured they couldn't leave earth alone

But then you have SS, which goes the global threat route again

You can.. but it can't be a global threat.. just doesn't make sense

I could understand there being ramifications for every other being on earth after the events of MOS.. so would make sense for WW and aquaman to no longer think they can stay out of the affairs of man.. or if the green lantern corp figured they couldn't leave earth alone

But then you have SS, which goes the global threat route again

These films need to put to rest the global threat stories all together. But with Superman, can you really do that? Anybody as powerful as him is a global threat.

Last edited:
Why no global threat when most CBM are that recently?

Dr. Strange, Antman, Cap 1 and 2, Guardians, IM3, Thor 1 and 2. Most the x men movies

The story just needs ve there the details can be what they are its how they approach the threat thst matters

Look at deadpool and now Logan, not all of these movies have to be threatening the end of the world

Supes obviously is a whole mother beast, but I think brianiac is doable.. like the animated movie with him, where supes got isolated on his ship.. and then Lex needs to be properly developed

Last edited:
Actually with Supes even though there are global threats, they've actually tried to make it more personal, just failed with the Pa Kent stuff. And I don't think Cavill has the gravitas to pull it off.

Why no global threat when most CBM are that recently?

Dr. Strange, Antman, Cap 1 and 2, Guardians, IM3, Thor 1 and 2. Most the x men movies

The story just needs ve there the details can be what they are its how they approach the threat thst matters

Yeah the story matters, but I think its fair to say that the more personal, smaller scope cbm's are some of the best

And by global threat, I mean end of the world stories. Cap1, Cap2, Ant-Man and Guardians were smallerbin scope compared to those other films.

Parasite wouldn't require the world ending.

idk why I like Parasite so much.

Would love to see a Superman vs The Elite live action movie but it would be no point now

Last edited:
I think WB knows they got lucky SS made as much money as it did, and that was due to the star studded cast and the characters they were portraying...

Had that movie been any better, it could have made tons more...
I mean, not really. Like it's a movie not starring any of the bigger names heroes. What it did was actually surpassing its expectations. Very few comic book movies dona billion dollars. Only Batman movies and marvel team up movies. Suicide squad wasn't going to do those numbers

Supes still trolling about Green Lantern in social media. :lol: :rofl:

We know Hal and John exist in this universe. I'm waiting for someone to accidentally confirm we see one of them in JL. :nerd:

Parasite wouldn't require the world ending.

idk why I like Parasite so much.

Would love to see a Superman vs The Elite live action movie but it would be no point now

There was an old rumor with a MOS2 script featuring Parasite as the villain. Ever since I heard that I've been down for a Parasite movie.

Why would a good movie restoring faith kill you?

People acting like that will never happens is what kills me.

When people say they have no faith such and such studio will ever make a good movie, its a ridiculous statement.

I really don't agree, because that's how expectations work. If you're continually disappointed by something you're going to lose faith in it and stop expecting anything good. This is doubly true if that thing has never given you anything that you liked to begin with. So, if you've hated all of the DCEU films to date that means that in your opinion they're currently going 0 for 3 right now. Why would you then have any real reason to have faith in the idea of them going against this norm, which they have set, and surprising you after 4 failures? And I doubt this is even slander against the studio making films in general, since the DCEU is just a small portion of what the studio actually puts out. It's just concerning the DCEU. Furthermore, when exactly do you expect people to lose faith if 3 terrible films aren't enough? After they dislike WW? JL? MOS2? Bottom line, at some point it is acceptable for people to lose faith in a franchise and not believe in the idea of it turning out a film that they'll like.

So what do you guys think is the best way to handle a MOS sequel. Do you surround him with another hero, or make it solely with him?

Make it solely about him. At this point, people are still fairly critical of this version of Superman. So, I think DC should really try to restore everyone's faith in him with the next film. This, in my opinion, would be easiest to do by making Man of Steel 2 a solo film, wherein you don't have to worry about giving other heroes a story or screen time.

I mean going to batman vs superman was a terrible idea from the jump, because then you to try to figure out a justifiable reason why they would be going at it.. And for that to be the 2nd movie, was especially bad

But ripping off the dark knight returns without the other elements that went into that story, was just a terrible idea

Absolutely. The idea is flawed from the ground up.

Last edited:
'Suicide Squad 2' Lands 'Legend of Tarzan' Writer

The sequel is a priority for the studio, which made overtures to several directors, including Mel Gibson.
Adam Cozad, who wrote The Legend of Tarzan for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to pen the studio’s sequel to Suicide Squad.

The sequel is a priority for the studio, which made overtures to several directors, including Mel Gibson. No filmmakers are currently attached and the studio is focusing on nailing down a story.

David Ayer wrote (and directed) the 2016 movie, which had an all-star cast that included Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto. The 2016 movie faced some hurdles during production and was met with somewhat polarizing response, but grossed $745 million worldwide, enough to put a sequel on the fast-track.

Ayer is not returning for the sequel, instead focusing on now developing Gotham City Sirens, a project that reunites him with Robbie and focuses on the female villains of the DC Universe.

Suicide Squad told the story of such villains as Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter sentences.

Cozad is known for trafficking in the action and comic book realms. The scribe co-wrote 2014’s Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit that starred Chris Pine and wrote Underwater, the adventure movie that is heating up at Fox with Kristen Stewart coming on board to star.

Cozad also worked on Bloodshot, the adaptation of the Valiant comic book, and The Gray Man, a Charlize Theron spy thriller. His Tarzan, which starred Alexander Skarsgard and Robbie, grossed over $356 million worldwide.

I'm not mad at this. Take all the time you need
yup.. I think this is what killed SS, if I remember correctly ayers had 6 weeks

better to take your time and do it right, then rush it and just end up with another crap movie

Back
Top Bottom