DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I remember not liking Angel nearly as much as I liked Buffy.

Both shows kind of went off the rails in their last few seasons imo

Joss Whedon always starts off fun, but if he sticks with something long enough, he gets depressing and dark

He's like that girlfriend who you always have a good time with at first, but after a few years of knowing her, she starts to bring you down.

Tremendously talented man but he always seem to follow the same pattern, and it bleeds into his work, lol

Don't remember too much about Angel anymore, which is weird because in comparison to Buffy it is the newer show, but for me Buffy went off the rails the season before the network change. I hung around like a champ though, to the series finale.

Last edited:
Darla was the blonde vampire. On angel she gets pregnant with Angel's son, Connor

I hated Connor.

Last edited:
I think that's why I loved his run in Astonishing X-Men. He did like one volume and up and left. Didn't overstay his welcome.

Dexters main chick that had kids and gave him major blue balls in the beginning.

Joss Whedon always starts off fun, but if he sticks with something long enough, he gets depressing and dark

He's like that girlfriend who you always have a good time with at first, but after a few years of knowing her, she starts to bring you down.

Tremendously talented man but he always seem to follow the same pattern, and it bleeds into his work, lol

Don't remember too much about Angel anymore, which is weird because in comparison to Buffy it is the newer show, but for me Buffy went off the rails the season before the network change. I hung around like a champ though, to the series finale.

Pretty accurate description :lol:

S4 of Buffy was sort of meh. I'm sure the addition of Dawn in S5 threw folks for a loop but that story ended well.

Late S3 into S4 for Angel was like that too. S5 had potential but it ended well given that it was announced that it was ending mid season.

I'm actually surprised the Buffy-verse hasn't been exploited by Hollywood already. Who owns the rights?

If there's money to be made, you better believe Hollywood will do its damnest to get it done. Or maybe it's too cheesy 90s for them to reboot?

I'm actually surprised the Buffy-verse hasn't been exploited by Hollywood already. Who owns the rights?

If there's money to be made, you better believe Hollywood will do its damnest to get it done. Or maybe it's too cheesy 90s for them to reboot?
Looked it up and it says Warner Brothers have the rights to shoot a film. They even had someone to write a script in 2010.

http://collider.com/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-reboot/

Who knows? Speaking of cheesey 90s

I tried buying the hd version of the first episode on vudu

You know buffy is really old school when vudu only sells buffy episodes in sd :rofl:

Wouldn't be surprised if Bianca Lawson is still acting in high school shows. She's made a career of being casted as a teenager.

You can argue that David Boreanaz is number one and Alyson Hannigan is number two. David Boreanz has been on network TV for 20 straight years. Bones is just finishing up now :wow:

She just recently played a recovering drug addict/prostitute on a show called Queen Sugar directed by Ava Duvenay. Quality television!

Funny thing is, I LOVED the movie, as cheesy/crappy as it was, I was confused as hell why they got big name (for back then) guys like Rutger Hauer, and Donald Sutherland, and then you look back at Hilary Swank ( :wow: ) Luke Perry, Paul Reubens, David Arquette, Ben Affleck :nerd: :lol:

But really, Kristy Swanson was BAD as **** back then. :smh:

So when the show came out, I was like no way anyone would vibe with that, and then like half way thru S1 the media was RAVING about it. :lol:

Really happy Joss got to do it right, his way. I know he was not happy with the movie and how it ended up.

But really, Kristy Swanson was BAD as **** back then.
mean.gif
yup.. between buffy and then that movie with Charlie sheen in the BMer

No she wasn't. She was a villain like the first season and a half. Then she became a shaky ally, then a friend until she dipped. Visited Angel, and I think had one more crack at being a baddie before going good and dying.

She was a villain S3 and Buffy stabbed her and put her in a coma towards the end. She woke up in S4 and swapped bodies with Buffy (smashed Riley in Buffys body) for like two episodes. Then she dipped to LA and tormented Angel and co (tortured Wes) before Angel convinced her redemption was possible. She then gave herself up to the cops and went to jail (S1 of Angel). S4 of Angel Wes convinced her to break out of jail to save Angel who was Angelus at the time. From there she went back to Sunnydale to help Buffy in the last few episodes. She never died in either show. I'm not sure about the comics that followed.

Edit: The first half of S3 of Buffy she was good until she murdered the deputy mayor?
Yeah, before siding with the Mayor she was a begrudinf ally of Buddy's. She left town with her failed watcher? Was that the term? Old dudes that help slayers.

Joss got busy and handled the reigns over to marti noxon who imo ruined the show with that Buffy and spike non sense. Wesley improved as a character though once he switched over to angel.

Damn who would've thought Willow would've been the most successful lol? Angel in second place with Bones. Spike was Braniac in the later seasons of Smallville if I recall.

Where's Bianca Lawson? Who hasn't aged since.

Last time I saw Bianca was on teen wolf a season or two ago. She didn't play a high schooler or teenager but still looking young.

Back
Top Bottom