DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I can just see critics bashing Gal's acting skills already. After all this is her first leading role, no one knows if she can carry it..........
Thats my only question mark and concern for WW.

I can just see critics bashing Gal's acting skills already. After all this is her first leading role, no one knows if she can carry it..........
2 different things.. there a couple actors who carry films that essentially play themselves in every film or the films don't really call from them to demonstrate great acting

look at FF, vin aint over there putting up a clinic and that's certainly not expected

I don't think she's that bad to where critics will bash here. She's just not really good either. Crazy thing is, aside from like maybe two, I've seen all of the films she's in. She's just there. 

Oh it's a DC movie, there's a playbook for that.

Blame Snyder. Blame the actor/actress. **** on the script. "Marvel would have ___" Bring up a tornado. And the last part is my personal fave, add in, well, I haven't actually watched the film, I just know how it is so I can dissect it without wasting my 2 hours. I've seen all the previews tho, so here's my full review.

Trust me, it's all coming. Be patient.

I don't think she's that bad to where critics will bash here. She's just not really good either. Crazy thing is, aside from like maybe two, I've seen all of the films she's in. She's just there. 
to be fair to her though, what film was she really asked to do more?

even in this, she essentially gotta get her chris evans/cap on

I think the similarity between them will just be the time period they came from, and the fish out of water element.  I hope not too much of the fish out of water stuff tho.

I think the similarity between them will just be the time period they came from, and the fish out of water element.  I hope not too much of the fish out of water stuff tho.
I only use him/that character as an example because he/she doesn't really have to show great range.. just has to show some comedic timing every once and a while.. she's the straight guy

like gamora in GOTG.. or bale in begins and TDK

Blame Snyder. Blame the actor/actress. **** on the script. "Marvel would have ___" Bring up a tornado. And the last part is my personal fave, add in, well, I haven't actually watched the film, I just know how it is so I can dissect it without wasting my 2 hours. I've seen all the previews tho, so here's my full review.

View media item 2429507

A couple of days ago someone posted that the writers for Rick & Morty should be hired for GotG3 or MCUs cosmic universe but I think they are better suited for Booster Gold.
I don't see their humor meshing with Booster Gold at all.

Last edited:

The first 3 things are all justifiable complaints/criticisms.

If the script sucks, it sucks. If an actor can't act, they made the wrong casting choice. If Snyder is involved, you're doomed.

Those things aren't just DC. Marvel has had similar reactions with their Netflix shows and the casting of Mike Colter and Finn Jones.

A couple of days ago someone posted that the writers for Rick & Morty should be hired for GotG3 or MCUs cosmic universe but I think they are better suited for Booster Gold.
it was me.. I got it from the double toasted review for vol 2.. as a huge fan of rick & morty, I'd love to see it.. 1 of the guys was involved with dr strange script (harmon)

Last edited:
Marvel has had similar reactions with their Netflix shows and the casting of Mike Colter and Finn Jones.
and don't forget dude they had in running IF and now doing inhumans

for those who are fans of dexter and six feet under, he handled the last couple seasons of both.. my understanding is they did not end well

I kind of do because he is somewhat goofier and less serious than most heroes out there but what really got me thinking is when they do time travel episodes and how great it would be to see him have those adventures.

BG could be Rick Sanchez and Skeets be Morty :lol:

^ they don't time travel.. or at least haven't yet.. I think that would be stepping on BTTF's toes a lil too much for them

^ they don't time travel.. or at least haven't yet.. I think that would be stepping on BTTF's toes a lil too much for them

I guess it was the multi-verse episode where they had multiples of each other and that time monster arrived. Th episode with the dots.

Last edited:
Yah that one, where they had to freeze time an episode/season before and it resulted in that catastrophe.

I guess technically not time travel but it was great writing I thought and just the kind of mess I could imagine Booster Gold being in.

Last edited:
The first 3 things are all justifiable complaints/criticisms.

If the script sucks, it sucks. If an actor can't act, they made the wrong casting choice. If Snyder is involved, you're doomed.

Those things aren't just DC. Marvel has had similar reactions with their Netflix shows and the casting of Mike Colter and Finn Jones.
Who had a problem with Mike Colter??

2 different things.. there a couple actors who carry films that essentially play themselves in every film or the films don't really call from them to demonstrate great acting

look at FF, vin aint over there putting up a clinic and that's certainly not expected

Im worried her acting will be laughably bad as in amateurish which to be truthful seems like it will be judging form the trailers. Comes across as stiff to me, could be the accent though.
Hopefully everything will be good.

In some ways acting as out of place being an Amazon raised in a secluded island and then brought out to the real world might actually benefit her because being awkward makes sense.

With that said, she was perfectly fine in here smalls scenes in BvS, she delivered her small lines just fine and that is probably good enough for the film.

People didn't like Colter?
I guess ppl just tend to forget things or the Marvel complaints don't stick as well.

There have been complaints about all 4 netflix series. It just seems like IF has stay in power with the use it has gotten with Finn Jones.

Dudes were saying Colter was stiff, miscast, not good at delivering lines, etc. There's more when you go to the general critics outside of NT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom