DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

wonder woman comics was softcore zentai BDSM every issue :lol:

way more men bought Wonder Woman than any female.

‘The Flash’: Robert Zemeckis, Matthew Vaughn Vying for Directing Job

Warner Bros. is getting closer to naming a director for its adaptation of “The Flash.”

While an offer hasn’t been delivered yet, sources tell Variety that Matthew Vaughn and Robert Zemeckis are the studio’s top choices to direct the superhero tentpole.

WB declined to comment on the news.

Although insiders stress that others are still in the mix, sources close to the situation say Zemeckis and Vaughn have always been the leading candidates, though each has his own hurdle to overcome to land the job.

Zemeckis’ first order of business is his untitled Universal film starring Steve Carell, which Zemeckis plans to shoot in August (and will not budge on the production date). That schedule conflict has been a factor for sometime and could be the element that causes Warner Bros. to give the gig to Vaughn, given the studio’s mandate to get “The Flash” off the ground this year.

Vaughn, however, has his own conflicts, including a third “Kingsman” movie that he would like to film following “Kingsman: the Golden Circle,” which bows this fall. While Vaughn showed interest in the directing job after meeting with execs, he may have also been using the project as leverage to get the green light from Fox on another installment in the “Kingsman” franchise.

That's some good news: all 3 directors are legit.

Ludi Lin went from Power Rangers to Aquaman. Hope he flourishes.

gotham is lit right now :nthat:

tangent: been wanting to read court of owls but i see a volume 1. how many parts are there to the original story and which comics does it consist of? is it just volume 1 or multiple comics? please halp :nerd:

Vaughn is the best choice IMO. Raimi Spider-Man havent aged well imo except for Spider man two

Vaughn is the best choice IMO. Raimi Spider-Man havent aged well imo except for Spider man two

Raimi moves are raimi movies

Vaughn easily best choice then zemeckis.. ain't that Denzel movie the only non cartoon he has done recently

I hope Vaughn gets it. That would be sick.

tangent: been wanting to read court of owls but i see a volume 1. how many parts are there to the original story and which comics does it consist of? is it just volume 1 or multiple comics? please halp :nerd:

Court of Owls is the first arc in the Scott Snyder run from New 52. You can buy it collected in trades. You might even be able to find it at your local library to read for free 99. The second arc deals with them too (City of Owls). Don't bother with the Night of the Owls crossover.

Amazon product ASIN 1401235425Amazon product ASIN 1401237789

Reactions: sb
Wait wasnt vaughn supposed to be in runing for MOS2? I rather he direct that then Flash

Go get Edgar Wright for Flash

Given the way Vaughn left the X-Men I feel like it'd be a recipe for disaster and him dipping on Flash inevitably.

Unless they gave him free reign and let him get his vision on the screen.

I hope Vaughn gets it. That would be sick.

Court of Owls is the first arc in the Scott Snyder run from New 52. You can buy it collected in trades. You might even be able to find it at your local library to read for free 99. The second arc deals with them too (City of Owls). Don't bother with the Night of the Owls crossover.

Amazon product ASIN 1401235425Amazon product ASIN 1401237789

thanks mane. definitely appreciate the clarification.

Given the way Vaughn left the X-Men I feel like it'd be a recipe for disaster and him dipping on Flash inevitably.

Unless they gave him free reign and let him get his vision on the screen.

Yup.. if they bring dude in, hope they give him freedom

Hate that dude got hamstrung by singer for first class

Would be a repeat all over again with the shared being shaped by Snyder

There's a universe out there where Vaughn stayed with the X-Men franchise ( and still made the Kingsman movies) to make great X-Men movies not skipping a decade for each where Singer is in prison for pedophilia.

Last edited:
Needed to happen prior to first class for a clean reboot.. go the legit first class, with cyclops and co (more than just beast)

Then mags to villain in part 2, naturally

Also professor x has a brother, who then becomes...

I never kept up with the news but what happened between Singer and Vaughn? Each of them directed great X-Men movies in the past few years ("First Class" and "Days of Future Past" respectively).

In regards to the Flash movie,,,, Wright would be my dream choice. But among the ones mentioned,, I would go with Vaughn just because I feel Raimi and Zemeckis have different sensibilities that wouldn't mesh well with a big-budget superhero movie like Flash.

Take this with a grain of salt. Nothing is confirmed yet
 [h1]Billy Crudup Reportedly Drops Out Of The Flash Movie[/h1]

The Flash  became the talk of the DC town on Tuesday, as several reports came in regarding the potential director for the project. Sources claimed that Robert Zemeckis and Matthew Vaughn are both in talks to direct.

However, another tidbit of Flash info was hidden in Entertainment Weekly's report. Towards the bottom of the article, it was revealed that Billy Crudup  had recently left the film.

While two directors had already departed The Flash, Crudup will be the first actor to do so. Crudup was set to play Barry Allen's father in the film.

When EW reached out to Crudup's representatives, they declined to comment.

With Crudup gone, only two actors remain attached to The FlashEzra Miller  is still portraying Barry Allen, and Kiersey Clemons will portray Iris West.

The Flash film is still up in the air, but Ezra Miller will appear as the character in Justice League this November.
If this is true, that could explain the JL reshoots. Cause Billy was in the trailer as Barry's father.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom