DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Not saying the Joker movie isnt good but if all it takes for reviewers to go gaga is to make your movie with a few "artsy" scenes then **** everything
We'll see...........the trailers didnt get me hyped at all

So in comparison back when before The Dark Knight came out in 2008 it took Heath Ledger's death before it come out to draw up hype and word of mouth after the movie released to get people to watch it multiple times in the theaters.

Bottom line is Batman Begins when the movie franchise got rebooted was a surprise hit and didn't really sell out and set records. Christopher Nolan himself at that point in his career was a up coming director and had a few great movies that went really un noticed with Memento.

Last edited:
jesus christ people are puttin wayyyy too much into this Joker movie :lol:

make sure u get ya pumpkin spice popcorn ...

69142284_1078488779007568_6672167072930107048_n.jpg

69010322_535052400572489_2318299954839071636_n.jpg

67519312_2715985291781182_874370125723492697_n.jpg
I noticed how in the trailer he walks on up those stairs, all worn out, beaten and decrepit.
Now look what we got rooooolling on down!
Actual symbolysm or just my fabrication, I like that $#@%!

To be fair those Speedo wearing Europeans will give a standing ovation for anything.

The High 5 head *** dropped a review

I'm waiting until the movie is actually released to general audiences and out for about a week or so before I decide if I will see it in theatres or not.

Im optimistic, but all the JOKER praise the past week seems suspiciously orchestrated seeing as the movie isn't even out yet

I remember Shazam and Aquaman getting a similar buzz right before the release and both were garbage to me.

I am getting some Oscar baity type feeling coming from all of this.

I haven't been excited at all since I read the plot summary tbh

The trailer to Joker looked trash tbh:emoji_thumbsdown:

And I enjoy the topic & the lead actor.
It’s just not what I “think” I want from a Joker movie. Low expectations can help a film so we’ll see. Watching bootleg tho

Wait can’t compare the reviews to aquaman and Shazam. They were called good movies. This is being praised as great. First day showing

-the time period is interesting and the illest time in nyc IMO
-the way they executed the time period (from the trailers) looks accurate (not easy in today's era)
-its r rated so i'm assuming we're going to see him go full maniac
-I feel like there's no way they would compare the performance to heath if there wasn't something there.

we'll see.
I hope its what they made it out to be or better.

During an interview with Associated Press, director Todd Phillips was asked about the leaked screenplay which has reportedly spoiled the movie months before it's been released. "They’re in for a big surprise when they see the movie," he explained, making it clear that the version that did find its way online may not reflect the final cut in theaters.

I'm waiting until the movie is actually released to general audiences and out for about a week or so before I decide if I will see it in theatres or not.

Im optimistic, but all the JOKER praise the past week seems suspiciously orchestrated seeing as the movie isn't even out yet

I remember Shazam and Aquaman getting a similar buzz right before the release and both were garbage to me.
Dude, both were flawed, yes, but come on, WB certainly geared em in the right direction. And i think it showed. We on that still?

Early buzz was justified. Both movies generally were well received.
1.PNG 2.PNG

Back
Top Bottom