DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Kimmel has no shame :lol:

Dude went in on Jay leno about the whole Conan thing on the Tonight Show.
then hosted his own show as Jay leno, with the hair and a fake chin.

Dude will empty an entire clip on you based on some ish that literally had nothing to do with him in any way. Brought Larry into the national spotlight, no damns given

Meh, this kinda confirms to me WB realized they actually have an A-list actor that has the talent and is a movie star and they wasted her own a secondary character. So now they're pushing her hard regardless of the status of the character she's playing.

The trailer gave me Deadpool lite feels with the comedy or w/e. So I guess they succeeded there.

Birds of Prey could've been a huge girl power movie if you cast it right but kther than Ewan playing the villain there are no other stars in this :lol: I recognize Juicy Smollét's sister and one other white chick.

Yeah it’s crazy this is called Birds of Prey. We wasn’t even introduced to the titled characters. Should have been a Gotham City Sirens movie with Harley, Ivy and Catwoman
F91E3637-052D-43F0-84D1-208A0220E453.png
98112725-CF31-4FF0-BFFA-23AD62722C88.jpeg
That apparently was the early plan back when Ayer was going to direct. It was specifically called Gotham City Sirens.

Not sure what went in to switching to another potential franchise. Wasnt to pair or play Harley off of the street level female heroes. I can only assume its cuz BoP is the more popular of the two.

That apparently was the early plan back when Ayer was going to direct. It was specifically called Gotham City Sirens.

Not sure what went in to switching to another potential franchise. Wasnt to pair or play Harley off of the street level female heroes. I can only assume its cuz BoP is the more popular of the two.

Yeah I'm sure BoP is more popular but the reaction I'm seeing online from that trailer sounds like people are mad that HQ is taking the shine from the actual BoP characters. If this was GCS, no problem since she's a member.

Supposedly from a old rumor, GCS might cameo in this.

Seems like audiences arent in love with Joker as critics are :ohwell:

even some critics arent in love with it and i think its mostly with some controversial stuff in there that could reflect things that are happening today with violence and mental health

one reviewer they were interviewing in the radio made a comment that it might be a film out of time, similar to how if taxi driver came out today then it might not be as accepted and might get the same backlash and that this being a "joker" film and related to batman just amplifies that further

i havent seen the film though but that leaked clip from a few weeks back was pretty dark and violent and i can see where people might feel disgusted by it

even some critics arent in love with it and i think its mostly with some controversial stuff in there that could reflect things that are happening today with violence and mental health

one reviewer they were interviewing in the radio made a comment that it might be a film out of time, similar to how if taxi driver came out today then it might not be as accepted and might get the same backlash and that this being a "joker" film and related to batman just amplifies that further

i havent seen the film though but that leaked clip from a few weeks back was pretty dark and violent and i can see where people might feel disgusted by it

Very violent film...That comment about it being out of it’s time is pretty spot on...

I also read a comment somewhere that kind nailed it for me - the movie has been hoisted up to be this amazing ground breaking thing but in fact it’s just a really good movie...Nothing more nothing less...The hype has blown this thing way out of how it should’ve been viewed and it’s pretty obvious the Batman connection is to blame for that...If they released this without the Batman universe overlay then there would still be Academy Awards talk but this huge backlash for the violence wouldn’t be as big a thing, at least in my view...

Taxi Driver - King of Comedy comparison are 100% it...Easter eggs throughout and the ending kind of left me scratching my head...I’ll leave that type of talk until some of you have watched it though...

~EDIT~

Also just to say...I really, really liked the movie...Far from groundbreaking but still an excellent film...

Last edited:
again i havent seen the film outside of that one clip but it was pretty graphic and this being a "comic book" film it becomes over the top and the more serious tone probably doesnt help

we've seen the joker be violent but its never really been too graphic and still mostly pg

Exactly...This wouldn’t be getting this crazy backlash if it wasn’t related to a comic book character...If anything Tarantino puts out doesn’t get this type of violence shaming then the only reason Joker is getting it is because of the Batman universe connection...I stand by my comment on that, take Batman out of the equation and all that y’all goes away...

Back
Top Bottom