DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Seeing the movie this weekend.

I was just answering your question cuz the answer is pretty obvious.

Scorsese is a better director, therefore he would've most likely made a better movie. Especially if all this king of comedy and Taxi driver influence talk is true.
my bad. Yeah let us know what you think after you see it, curious to know your thoughts as well.

ok so if he's open to a sequel why not flesh out this world and make this the world batman and all his villians are in? don't rush anything at all and just go from here?
don't make any campy movies. everything extra serious. be a real alternative.

Considering Patman’s first movie is apparently taking place in the 90’s that might be the perfect opportunity...

On a side note...How crazy would a Joaquin version of “Joker’s Favor” be in movie form...They could even feasibly do it without Batman being directly involved...

JOKER Star Joaquin Phoenix Is Open To A Sequel: "Me And Todd Would Still Be Shooting Now If We Could"

Joker was always conceived as a standalone origin story for the iconic Batman villain, and even though the movie does leave some room for a follow-up (depending on how you interpret the ending), director Todd Philips has shot down the idea of a sequel on several different occasions.

Of course, that was before the the film broke domestic, international and global box office records for October when it opened last week, and there's a very good chance Warner Bros., at least, is currently reconsidering that stance.

Whether Philips has any interest remains to be seen, but it certainly sounds like star Joaquin Phoenix would be up for continuing Arthur Fleck's twisted tale. When asked if he'd consider Joker to be his "dream role" on Popcorn with Peter Travers, the actor said the following.

You know, I wouldn’t have thought about this as my dream role. But now, honestly, I can’t stop thinking about it,” admitted Phoenix. “I talked to Todd a lot about what else we might be able to do, in general, just to work together, but also specifically, if there’s something else we can do with Joker that might be interesting. So, it ended up being a dream role. It’s nothing that I really wanted to do prior to working on this movie.”

“I don’t know that there is [more to do],”
Phoenix added. “Me and Todd would still be shooting now if we could, right? Because it seemed endless, the possibilities of where we can go with the character.”

It's definitely an interesting response from Phoenix, who wasn't even directly asked about a potential sequel here.

JOKER Star Joaquin Phoenix Is Open To A Sequel: "Me And Todd Would Still Be Shooting Now If We Could"

Joker was always conceived as a standalone origin story for the iconic Batman villain, and even though the movie does leave some room for a follow-up (depending on how you interpret the ending), director Todd Philips has shot down the idea of a sequel on several different occasions.

Of course, that was before the the film broke domestic, international and global box office records for October when it opened last week, and there's a very good chance Warner Bros., at least, is currently reconsidering that stance.

Whether Philips has any interest remains to be seen, but it certainly sounds like star Joaquin Phoenix would be up for continuing Arthur Fleck's twisted tale. When asked if he'd consider Joker to be his "dream role" on Popcorn with Peter Travers, the actor said the following.

You know, I wouldn’t have thought about this as my dream role. But now, honestly, I can’t stop thinking about it,” admitted Phoenix. “I talked to Todd a lot about what else we might be able to do, in general, just to work together, but also specifically, if there’s something else we can do with Joker that might be interesting. So, it ended up being a dream role. It’s nothing that I really wanted to do prior to working on this movie.”

“I don’t know that there is [more to do],”
Phoenix added. “Me and Todd would still be shooting now if we could, right? Because it seemed endless, the possibilities of where we can go with the character.”

It's definitely an interesting response from Phoenix, who wasn't even directly asked about a potential sequel here.

This is the full interview where they got that quote

question

heaths joker
And Phoenix’s joker
Locked in a room in Arkham asylum

what happens?

DISCUSS

question

heaths joker
And Phoenix’s joker
Locked in a room in Arkham asylum

what happens?

DISCUSS

Joaquin Joker is more about an eye for an eye, for the most part. If he hasn't been slighted or abused, he's more likely to let you go. Heath Joker, assuming he picks up on that immediately, could use that to keep himself alive long enough until he kills Joaquin Joker. But Heath Joker is more of a strategist so if he's in Arkham, he already has a plan to get out. He might try to come up with a plan using Joaquin Joker. Set him loose like a mad dog.

This film if anything magnified just how amazing Heath played Joker. There is nothing more powerful than the end of the second act for TDK. From the interrogation scene to Joker sticking his head out of that cop car is cinema history

This film if anything magnified just how amazing Heath played Joker. There is nothing more powerful than the end of the second act for TDK. From the interrogation scene to Joker sticking his head out of that cop car is cinema history
come on we get it you didn’t like this movie. But how did this magnified even more what heath did. Heath was amazing but guess what Joaquin was just as amazing. The last 45mins is straight epic Joker.

Considering Patman’s first movie is apparently taking place in the 90’s that might be the perfect opportunity...

On a side note...How crazy would a Joaquin version of “Joker’s Favor” be in movie form...They could even feasibly do it without Batman being directly involved...
hmmm... it looks like their plan from the start was to connect Matt Reeve's Bats and Arthur. Batman's "detectuve work"
could be leading him to the Joker. They probably just want to keep everything under wraps. This is me daydreaming btw.
fingers crossed.

hmmm... it looks like their plan from the start was to connect Matt Reeve's Bats and Arthur. Batman's "detectuve work"
could be leading him to the Joker. They probably just want to keep everything under wraps. This is me daydreaming btw.
fingers crossed.
I guarantee they'll cross over.
At this point there's 0 legitimate reason on multiple big-screen joker portrayals.
It's just too soon to call it out loud.
It's Supes I'm completely blank on.

finally saw it last night.
yeah, there's no way they don't put this joker in a batman movie.
I thought the movie was cool but nowhere near as good as tdk or anything. but its appreciated.
everything doesn't have to be campy. bring on the R rated comic book movies already.

dc has a real chance at being a great alternative to the stuff marvel pushes out. I don't think this movie is better than any marvel movie...but there's potential here. why waste it.

I guarantee they'll cross over.
At this point there's 0 legitimate reason on multiple big-screen joker portrayals.
It's just too soon to call it out loud.
It's Supes I'm completely blank on.
yeah no clue on that one. I think the Cavil supes is over. It's just hard to make a good Supes movie.
Tone needs to be spot on and not the dark tone MoS had.

Back
Top Bottom