DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

What about the actors?
Unfortunately no, not yet. Plus from recent promo I think they're keeping on dude who plays Flash for some reason.

I think DC/WB is waiting for after fandom and Snyder's cut to see reactions and count views/uptick in subscriptions.

Movie side of things probably won't work itself out until end of next year.

i think comics as an industry has been in trouble for a while now and i think even before the pandemic the distributions company was going out of business or wasnt going to continue with comics (not just dc but marvel as well) but i am vague on the details, i am sure someone more familiar with it can chime in
Nah, things were consistent the past decade minus comparisons to 20 years ago for distribution.

What happened, also this year, DC cut their deal with Diamon distribution which many thinks screwed the entire industry. This all stemming from AT&T for some odd reason being in debt and purchasing WB with money they didn't have. So they've been drastic cuts and changes for a while that has been noticed in almost every department at WB.

As for the comics industry, its future and stability is in question due to DC no longer being in business with Diamond. So now a lot of the industry will be relying on Marvel and the other publishers making moves to expand their reach and somehow trying to fill the void DC created.

feels like comic books stores are just closing left and right even before the pandemic

feels like comic books stores are just closing left and right even before the pandemic
Oh that's been the case for a while.

Direct market is shifting its main income in to other types of outlets.

Many shop owners do not want to adjust or adapt or even accommodate the next generation of consumers. The thing is many assume the direct market is solely die to collectors and speculators. If that were the case comics would've died out physically in 1999.

Unfortunately no, not yet. Plus from recent promo I think they're keeping on dude who plays Flash for some reason.

I think DC/WB is waiting for after fandom and Snyder's cut to see reactions and count views/uptick in subscriptions.

Movie side of things probably won't work itself out until end of next year.
:rofl: at uunfortunately. I was just curious didnt want anyone to lose their job

:rofl: at uunfortunately. I was just curious didnt want anyone to lose their job
I so badly want to recast this Justice League.

With the perpetuation of Snyder's cut it just keep most of these lameducks in the spotlight at a time DC badly needs to be injected with new life via changes.

If it weren't for Aquaman making a billi (and since my boy Batffleck gone) I'd be angling for a Crisis inspired mass recast

As reported by the Irish Times (via Entertainment Weekly), Pattinson was filming Nolan’s Tenet during the audition period for The Batman, which meant leaving one extremely secretive Blockbuster to go visit the burgeoning production of another extremely secretive Blockbuster. So, naturally, he tried to keep the secret.

“It’s funny because Chris is so secretive about everything to do with his movies,” Pattinson said, “And then I had to be really secretive about Batman stuff. So I had to lie to Chris about having to go for a screen test— I had said I had a family emergency. And as soon as I said ‘it’s a family emergency’ he said: ‘You’re doing the Batman audition, aren’t you?’”

:rofl:

Master Zik Master Zik -- who's your ideal Justice League cast?
I was mainly talking recast the actors. Didn't have many in mind.

Going with that they have I'd keep Gal, Cavill, and Momoa, bring in Pattinson as official Batman, cast Zac Efron as Flash? Maybe Lucas Till?, ditch Cyborg and cast Kiki Layne as Hawkwoman.

My ideal JL is probably the roster from JL/JLU animated series and ideal cast:

Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman - Ben Barnes
Flash - Liam Hemsworth
Wonder Woman - Jessica Green
Hawkwoman - Kiki Layne
Green Lantern - Stephan James
Martian Manhunter -Yahya Abdul-Mateen II/Mustafa Shakir

I was mainly talking recast the actors. Didn't have many in mind.

Going with that they have I'd keep Gal, Cavill, and Momoa, bring in Pattinson as official Batman, cast Zac Efron as Flash? Maybe Lucas Till?, ditch Cyborg and cast Kiki Layne as Hawkwoman.

My ideal JL is probably the roster from JL/JLU animated series and ideal cast:

Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman - Ben Barnes
Flash - Liam Hemsworth
Wonder Woman - Jessica Green
Hawkwoman - Kiki Layne
Green Lantern - Stephan James
Martian Manhunter -Yahya Abdul-Mateen II/Mustafa Shakir

That Flash & Martian Manhunter call was excellent. Shows how lame Ezra is currently as Flash. Liam would be :pimp:. Everything else was spot on as well.

/edit. I'll admit, never even knew Ray Fisher before all this.
Hope he doesn't suffer any blowback..

Last edited:

Tired of this ***** releasing tidbits of what happened to keep himself in headlines. It makes it seem as if any of this is recent when all of these things happened during reshoots.

Last edited:
dudes just looking desperate for attention at this point

just write a damn book and get it over it

Tired of this ***** releasing did its of what happened to keep himself in headlines. It makes it seem as if any of this is recent when all of these things happened during reshoots.

Hey if it happened it happened. But we won't know because he keeps sounding the alarm with no details. What's the point of going there to not go there?

I'm still trying to figure out what are these grievances he speaks of, besides the "BOO YAH" of course we know about that one

hollywood higher ups were mean to him. Thousands of other actors can say the same thing.

I gotta imagine execs are fuming they can't fire and bury him now since this Snyder cut stuff won't be done until next year.

It really feels like Ray is copying Snyder in the way he kept talking about his vision of JL over and over for years to keep it getting some media attention. Mans basically did that than direct anything else and in comparison when I look I don't see any new movies or shows he's attached too.

Back
Top Bottom