DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Batfleck stole part of Pattison's thunder imo, but I'm intrigued.
Still on the fence with the costume, but a lot could change...

final_5f41ed30420f100015de18a9_593134.gif

I think the haircut is a bit emo but other than that, that trailer was fuego. I’ve said it before but I once made the mistake of doubting an actor (Heath as Joker) and I was gloriously proven wrong. I know Pattinson has been doing his best to distance himself from that teen heartthrob typecast much like Johnny Depp had to do after the 80s. Good Time, The Lighthouse, Tenet. That work has led to this film. I hope the film lives up to expectations.

Last edited:
That trailer looks amazing. I really liked the Nolan trilogy - especially the second one, mainly because Heath was amazing - but there were a few things missing and this seems to get them. I’ve always wanted some detective work and the fights in the trilogy weren’t great (probably not even as good as BvS - and definitely not as good as Watchmen).

Batman should be tormented - that’s his whole thing, he does what he does because of what happened to his parents.

I’d still like to see a Knightfall adaptation too - probably better as a miniseries than movies but it would be interesting.

felt like dude looked more like Wayne in the trailer for tenet

seeing dude in that double breasted suit made me think he might actually be able to pull it off

1598182024636.jpeg

Sat thru Hancock last night. Dunno what happened with suicide squad(well, I do), but he really isn't that bad.
Honest, I was a bit stoned too...

I’m in the minority but The Batman trailer looks off to me. Why is billionaire ladies man Bruce Wayne a disheveled mess? He should always be suave and dapper no matter how broken his mental is. Him being younger should add to that. And Matt Reeves has an entire blank slate and still asked “what would Christopher Nolan do?” Also this is the 210th Batman interpretation in live action media and we still don’t have white eyes as part of his normal costume. And lastly...the nose on the cowl :smh:

I’m in the minority but The Batman trailer looks off to me. Why is billionaire ladies man Bruce Wayne a disheveled mess? He should always be suave and dapper no matter how broken his mental is. Him being younger should add to that. And Matt Reeves has an entire blank slate and still asked “what would Christopher Nolan do?” Also this is the 210th Batman interpretation in live action media and we still don’t have white eyes as part of his normal costume. And lastly...the nose on the cowl :smh:

originally, I thought the same. But with them pushing the multiverse narrative, I feel this isn’t supposed to be the Bruce we’re accustomed to - Thomas Wayne - so we can see what a broken Batman looks like. We do need to remember it’s only 25% complete, so maybe the focus of most of the early shots were of him angry and broken.

Baby steps. We finally see him with mascara so that’s a start:lol:

White eyes would be so flames on a bat suit but it definitely ain’t happening with Pattinson. His eyes are for sure gonna get as much focus as Gal’s thighs in a Wonder Woman movie.

Hell, you already know he’s gonna lose his mask somehow just to have a scene of him in the costume without the mask. Probably needed to it off to solve a hard riddle in the rain or something:lol:

i think the lakers washing the blazers is just making you cranky

NT sure has changed :rofl:

We used to be told why our post was deleted, so as not to repeat our offense...that not happen anymore?

Last edited:
Trailer looks interesting

Riddler better have some smart lines/scenes almost as good as Heath Joker....

He's a twenty something that's becoming Batman trying to clean up Gotham. The ladies man part comes when he's established and a forty something

Trailer looks interesting

Riddler better have some smart lines/scenes almost as good as Heath Joker....

This was the main reason I was hoping and praying for the riddler when TDKR was casting and villains names were being thrown out.
Nolans riddles would've been :wow: :wow: :wow:
and you know he would've had a riddle in the film that Batman couldn't solve, thus the audience wouldn't solve and then it would lead to all these crazy theories

Love what I'm seeing so far, but I want the riddler to definitely steal the show.
Paul Dano is an amazing actor, so I have all the faith in him

Back
Top Bottom