DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Like her use of her lasso....she was a beast with it in this film, probably the only redeeming part of the movie, I can’t even remember her using it in BVS or JL

Yea i passed out where wiig was playing fussball with that drunk's groin...I was a Lil lit though.
ima get back to it...
and a good weekend to y'all! nbs

Damn I’m actually seeing this tomorrow at the theater with my fam. Yeesh....well that’s ok I’m not payin a single dime. So I guess it’s still free lol

But you can't get your time back, that's more valuable than the cost of the ticket, no matter who is paying for it.

This movie was horrible. Can't believe they delayed this even before covid and this is how it turned out.

When she hopped out the car in full wonderwoman gear and started gliding :rofl:

movie all types of bad....the relationship between Lord and his son was cringey as hell....why did Lord give me trump vibes lol

honestly the more i think about it, the more i recall wtf moments in the movie. when she hopped out the car in full WW gear i was like how sway?!

maybe a B is being generous.

....idc i still felt violated by suicide squad.

....but seriously tho, how hard is it to compete with marvel with all that DC has to offer? this is getting ridiculous.

Have already taken two naps during this movie....struggling trying to finish it smh

i have kind of high-ish expectations for JL Snyder cut

wondering if the direction of DC is being hampered by executives who interfere with the creative direction/development of DC.

sort of like how James Dolan overstepped Donnie Walsh and traded the knicks roster for melo, even tho Walsh has a reputation of building competitive teams.

I didn't even really peep until others brought it up....but her running around (and possibly having sexual relations) with a random man's, possessed body, is WILD ! :lol: And not once did she question it.

Was this intentional ? Because these actions contradict her character development. We've been shown she's noble and does the right thing, but love somehow clouds her moral judgment ? (Which it does in most cases....even for a God apparently.)

This fits with the overall message of the movie, but what was the point of the opening scene, if there was no call-back to it ?

Steve was the one who convinced her to do the right thing, not because of the stolen life of this possessed man, but because of the loss of her powers.

The ghost of Steve Trevor is the actual hero of this movie.

Maxwell Lord was giving me wild DeSantis vibes :lol: :sick: . The movie was meh though. Fast forwarding thru the credits to catch the Linda Carter cameo was the highlight for me :pimp:

I didn't even really peep until others brought it up....but her running around (and possibly having sexual relations) with a random man's, possessed body, is WILD ! :lol: And not once did she question it.

Was this intentional ? Because these actions contradict her character development. We've been shown she's noble and does the right thing, but love somehow clouds her moral judgment ? (Which it does in most cases....even for a God apparently.)

This fits with the overall message of the movie, but what was the point of the opening scene, if there was no call-back to it ?

Steve was the one who convinced her to do the right thing, not because of the stolen life of this possessed man, but because of the loss of her powers.

The ghost of Steve Trevor is the actual hero of this movie.

and ain’t like Steve actually looks like Steve.. he still looks like dude.. they had the whole mirror scene to explicitly point that shh out

but Diana just ignores the constant reminder of looking directly at the guy AND being in the guy’s apartment and cracking jokes at HIS clothes

And when I keep saying whenever Diana or even Kristin wig would jump or swing, they made me think of this shh

like the White House fight when Kristin wig swung around the column

1609003560700.jpeg

i mean if you really think about it, that dude got raped

its no different than getting rufied, he might not know he has some amazonian herp

I’m just going assume someone watched ghost and said he we can pull this off

I wanted to like it, but It was meh. I fell asleep on it twice. Did it have to be two and a half hours long?

Not enough action, and the villains were meh.

She went from the jet(which was cool, even if she wasn't the one flying it) to lassoing lightening and clouds to flying?

After the first act it went down hill to me.

and ain’t like Steve actually looks like Steve.. he still looks like dude.. they had the whole mirror scene to explicitly point that shh out

but Diana just ignores the constant reminder of looking directly at the guy AND being in the guy’s apartment and cracking jokes at HIS clothes
Exactly......she's a creep :lol: (Steve is too, he went along with it.)

That flirting scene at the end was cringey too. I thought she was about to try and bag.

i mean if you really think about it, that dude got raped

its no different than getting rufied, he might not know he has some amazonian herp
Mhmmm makes me wonder if there would be any backlash if the genders were reversed.

She's an attractive woman so most men wouldn't gaf (due to conditioning). Hell, I didn't even notice what was really happening, because she is an attractive woman. My moral meter disappeared while watching.

Nah I think most definitely noticed. The whole Steve taking over another dudes body was the most bizarre part of the film for me.

Diana not getting D for 70 years really turned her into a morally bankrupt lady. I thought they would at least bring up some ethical concern towards the end and thats why Steve would have to leave, but he only has to go so she can get her powers back 🤣

since this was the 80’s will this ever be brought up in dcu continuity ? Like Shazam 2 or flash will they have a scene and be like “ remember in the 80’s that one crazy week when everybody wishes came true and nukes went off ? “ lol . And also the main antagonists just walk away like nothing happen . Not the worse comic film I watched but the definition of mediocre .
I see why directors are mad at hbomax now , they can put out mid movies and get that backend payday like before . I’m sure without the pandemic this woulda made half a bill easily but I would been more disappointed after spending 40-60 bucks to go see it .

Back
Top Bottom