DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

not going lie, getting a lil concerned about that patty jenkins star wars whatever

like this isn’t outright bad.. it just feels like it could/should be better

shazam dealt with magic/mysticism and just handled it better
Huh. That's how I've always felt about her ww.
Better project in the dc stable though not by much.
Mediocre even...
Gadot is wooden.

Movie started off cool. At first I thought I was getting start of MoS vibes but I liked the execution. Claire Underwood bae was wrong though, you're not winning if you're not cheating Diana :lol:

That action piece in the mall was whack but I kinda chalked it up to the 80s. The movements of Diana with the lasso and swinging just seemed so unrealistic. The charisma was forced. Fight scenes were much better in the first WW and that aint saying much but at least I believed she was strong and fast.

Damn I thought it'd be simple but Trevor out here body snatching.

Wow the **** @ Lord's first and only wish is to become the stone :lol: That's wild. I liked how his wish granting ability turned in to a Twilight Zone power, self-improvement of Salvatore Ross :pimp:

If there was still a strong connection and shared universe the Khandaq set up was dope.

This movie tried hard to make Kristen Wiig super sexy as if she was some world class model. Also didn't help that I don't feel like that Gal either. A lot of female empowerment stuff reminded me of Captain Marvel and what ppl complained about there.

Those kids didn't need any saving man :lol: Lord would've had the car drive around them. They went crazy extra for that :rofl:

I liked Lord as a character and villain for the most part. Mans so drunk power he don't even trade for health granting all these wishes :lol: the father/son angle.

Wiig brought some brutality and physicality somehow with that fight. Beat the **** out of Gal. They failed making her a cat lady. She looks like an alien in the face.

:lol: @ how she learned to fly. Slow learner after 70 years. Also what was up with Patty trying to make Wonder Woman Spider-Man? She swinging on that lasso everywhere. The whole 3rd act fight got weird in that fight. Swinging on electricity lines like they were trying to be Spidey vs. Venom but came off more like a cirque du soleil act.

Then the end got a bit out of hand but w/e.

****ing terrorists renouncing their wishes? C'mon :lol: :rofl: Like think of all the evil ppl that made a wish.

Like yall said the movie was cool/okay. 4.5/8

I will say it's a good thing Patty is directing some SW movie I'm not that interested in.

Last edited:
I mean the 1st one was average but still enjoyable, this is more of the same. If you liked the 1st one, no reason to not check this out.

Except you don’t have Snyder doing the action

my sister did ballet so the action scenes in this are giving me flashbacks of shh

Movie started off cool. At first I thought I was getting start of MoS vibes but I liked the execution. Claire Underwood bae was wrong though, you're not winning if you're not cheating Diana :lol:

That action piece in the mall was whack but I kinda chalked it up to the 80s. The movements of Diana with the lasso and swinging just seemed so unrealistic. The charisma was forced. Fight scenes were much better in the first WW and that aint saying much but at least I believed she was strong and fast.

Damn I thought it'd be simple but Trevor out here body snatching.

Wow the **** @ Lord's first and only wish is to become the stone :lol: That's wild. I liked how his wish granting ability turned in to a Twilight Zone power, self-improvement of Salvatore Ross :pimp:

If there was still a strong connection and shared universe the Khandaq set up was dope.

This movie tried hard to make Kristen Wiig super sexy as if she was some world class model. Also didn't help that I don't feel like that Gal either. A lot of female empowerment stuff reminded me of Captain Marvel and what ppl complained about there.

Those kids didn't need any saving man :lol: Lord would've had the car drive around them. They went crazy extra for that :rofl:

I liked Lord as a character and villain for the most part. Mans so drunk power he don't even trade for health granting all these wishes :lol: the father/son angle.

Wiig brought some brutality and physicality somehow with that fight. Beat the **** out of Gal. They failed making her a cat lady. She looks like an alien in the face.

:lol: @ how she learned to fly. Slow learner after 70 years. Also what was up with Patty trying to make Wonder Woman Spider-Man? She swinging on that lasso everywhere. The whole 3rd act fight got weird in that fight. Swinging on electricity lines like they were trying to be Spidey vs. Venom but came off more like a cirque du soleil act.

Then the end got a bit out of hand but w/e.

****ing terrorists renouncing their wishes? C'mon :lol: :rofl: Like think of all the evil ppl that made a wish.

Like yall said the movie was cool/okay. 5/8

It's a good thing Patty is directing some SW movie I'm not that interested in.

I had to leave for family dinner before the last bit, so the last I saw was the flying scene

but only thing I liked was there being consequences for the wishes.. like real world fallout with shh not just the monkey paw thing

but just felt like good stuff was there but nothing was done with it

I had to leave for family dinner before the last bit, so the last I saw was the flying scene

but only thing I liked was there being consequences for the wishes.. like real world fallout with shh not just the monkey paw thing

but just felt like good stuff was there but nothing was done with it
It was a typical monkey paw plot just on a global scale.

I liked how that was used for the core of the story.

It was a typical monkey paw plot just on a global scale.

I liked how that was used for the core of the story.

yup.. it just could have been better executed

only time I felt it was well done was when max was told by that one guy that he had already sold the oil

just felt conceptually in better hands, the concept is better handled

like we just seen stranger things done during that era.. actually now that I say that, you got tv shows easily doing better than this

I’m just gonna assume most folks saying this is an OK movie is based on us all being so malnourished from not having the usual volume of CM cinematic content in 2020 and us finally getting a taste is skewing judgement.

WW84 was horrible:lol: It played off of so many predictable and worn out movie tropes and had the corniness of an early 2000 comic book movie.

That mall scene was cringe, the opening scene was pretty pointless with a trash “lesson” about truth, the car chase in Egypt was bad, Cheetah’s storyline and evolution was poorly executed. Even Steve Trevor’s shoehorning felt incomplete and forced. Best thing about the movie is Kristen Wiig in that black dress and heels with the wavy hair, looking like a snack. And that Asteria mid-credit scene...:rolleyes:

And physically, Gal isn’t convincing at all as WW. I think she does a good job embodying the spirit of WW but when it comes to the fight scenes or just her physical presence is laughable.

Last edited:
I thought Wonder Woman 1984 was extremely average.

Nothing against Pedro Pascal and his performance, but his character should've been cut entirely and Patty Jenkins should've focused on Barbara Minerva/Cheetah as the main villain.

It definitely would've been a better film than what we got.

ww84 was meh 5/8. movie was way too long. pacing was off. didnt flow well. diana been in the real world for some time. she at times played the naive wonder woman from part 1 which didnt make sense. didnt see enough cheetah. pascals character was kind of not needed. just the stone and cheetah would of sufficed. yeah. id of been pissed it i had paid theater pricing for that. some cool visuals. gold costume was dope.

Wait.. I’m watching the last bit of the movie

so ole girl wishes to be an apex predator.. and ole girl WAS flying.. and then both got costume changes

and then ole girl is swinging from electrical cables?!

and then theyre both in water when the cable(s) hit

Huh. That's how I've always felt about her ww.
Better project in the dc stable though not by much.
Mediocre even...
Gadot is wooden.

you think I was a fan of the first movie?

I mean to me it was basically first avenger x Thor and both of those were pretty weak.. and I wouldn’t rate that first movie better than either

the first movie had a couple cool scenes, but that’s snyder shh.. for as dumb as sucker punch was, it had some cool scenes.. and now ww84 doesn’t have snyder

so ole girl wishes to be an apex predator.. and ole girl WAS flying.. and then both got costume changes

:lol: that was my biggest take away too. Too many plot holes that took me outta the experience and we’re just suppose to roll with it...

the other one that comes to mind is when she runs out of rope on the Lasso in Egypt but in other scenes that **** looks limitless :lol:

ww84 was meh 5/8. movie was way too long. pacing was off. didnt flow well. diana been in the real world for some time. she at times played the naive wonder woman from part 1 which didnt make sense. didnt see enough cheetah. pascals character was kind of not needed. just the stone and cheetah would of sufficed. yeah. id of been pissed it i had paid theater pricing for that. some cool visuals. gold costume was dope.
Gold costume was dope yet given no real shine in the movie nor did it really level up WW like you would assume it should.

Reactions: sb

It's like I said Patty wanted WW to be Spidey and a lot of the 3rd act got out of hand.

She could've easily flew her over the ocean and dropped her.

I will say maybe that gold suit (that was there for no reason) protected her from being electrocuted though.

Then the whole somehow WW is talking to the entire world (despite destroying the camera and equipment being wrecked) convincing them to renounce their wish and the lasso of truth somehow working on Lord at that moment.

Soooooo the whole movie is basically there are consequences for your actions

but Diana has to be told by Steve what the right thing to do is.. and had he not been willing to sacrifice himself, would she even had done the right thing?

and max just has to be a better father given all he caused

Nothing against Pedro Pascal and his performance, but his character should've been cut entirely and Patty Jenkins should've focused on Barbara Minerva/Cheetah as the main villain.

I love Prince Oberyn/Din/Javier Pena/Damn near everything Pedro does....but his character in this movie probably could have been cut and no one would have cared.

First movie is better and that had its flaws

i can’t think of anything from this movie that is actually rewatchable

to give an example.. like in IM2, you can still rewatch the suitcase armor bit because it was cool for how bad that movie is

or even yet, in Wolverine origins, the Ryan Reynolds deadpool part is cool.. or even X-men apocalypse got the Wolverine bit or the quicksilver part

but this felt like X-men apocalypse, where I watched it and won’t even reference any aspect of it

i Know this is repetitive in the DC thread.. but just should have made a live action version of this (and this wasnt even one of the better animated DC movies)

1608956427041.jpeg

It's like I said Patty wanted WW to be Spidey and a lot of the 3rd act got out of hand.

She could've easily flew her over the ocean and dropped her.

I will say maybe that gold suit (that was there for no reason) protected her from being electrocuted though.

Then the whole somehow WW is talking to the entire world (despite destroying the camera and equipment being wrecked) convincing them to renounce their wish and the lasso of truth somehow working on Lord at that moment.

i had to rewatch the flying sequence to check what order things came in.. so she learns how to fly but uses the lasso while flying to then pull on lightening

and I guess her not being shocked by the lightening sets up the not being electrocuted.. but then clearly the lasso has powers

yea shhh is a mess

It may have been missed after the first WW movie but apparently when she left the island she could never come back cuz she couldn't find it due to the whole invisible island thing.

She alluded to it when she made the stolen jet invisible.

I don't think there's any other WW stories in animation that really would've been any better than these 2 WW movies. Those joints are not good.

Only well of good WW stories are in the comics and even DC doesn't bother to turn that in to animated shows or movies let alone live action flicks.

Also yeah, this totally felt like an early 2000s superhero movie. Gave me Raimi Spider-Man and Tim Story Fantastic 4 vibes throughout.

i had to rewatch the flying sequence to check what order things came in.. so she learns how to fly but uses the lasso while flying to then pull on lightening

and I guess her not being shocked by the lightening sets up the not being electrocuted.. but then clearly the lasso has powers

yea shhh is a mess
I just ignored her using the lasso to grab on to a lightning cloud. I figured the lasso like the armor protected her.

I don't know why she grabbed on to it at that point given she was already flying to get to that gov. facility.

I didn't really care about any of that cuz since she renounced her wish she got all of her powers back anyway so I'm not even sure being electrocuted would hurt her that much anyway.

i'd give it a solid B. wasn't anything special. i thought it was exactly on par with the first one.

i thought wiig did her thing with her character, but I felt she was underutilized due to writing. Personally, I wanted a more brutal fight scene....but I could be nitpicking. Also I thought she looked great as cheetah imo.

in the end it was a meh story, nothing epic. but a fun movie at best.

but let me be clear, it was FAR better than the crimes against humanity that are suicide squad and justice league.

PRO TIP: So HBO is putting this out at 4K UHD. Watching via Playstation 4 didn't output at max resolution (hbomax app will auto detect)....but the HBO MAX app running directly on my UHD tv worked. It automatically upped to 4K UHD.
Just FYI for anyone who is interested.

Back
Top Bottom