DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Just watched Black Adam and then caught up with like the last three months of this thread (I always avoid it when DC movies are coming out).

1) As a HUGE Black Adam fan I thought the portrayal of BA and (would-be) Osiris was awesome - it was a damn good representation of "52" BA and yes, I want a poster of the Rock on the throne at the end, goddamit :lol:

2) Stuffing the JSA into the movie without any prior introduction seemed really strange. Like, it feels like the studio just mashed a planned JSA movie into a planned BA movie and said "great that's taken care of!"

3) As a "comic book movie" I thought BA was really, really solid, though. Early on (during the "tomb" scene) I actually thought how good the flick would play out as a comic with speech-bubble lettering.

4) Disappointed to see that this is a one-and-done, since all I've wanted for like the last 15 yrs was to see a BA/Shazam fight on film. Oh well....

5) For those saying the Rock was BS'ing the film's #s, don't forget that studios *always* lie about profits to prevent payouts to percentage-based contracts. They've done it forever. It's real easy to turn a $50m profit into a $50m loss to avoid profit-sharing payouts and to take a write-off, and it's pretty friggin obvious WB/Disc is all about taking write-offs lately, so I wouldn't dismiss his claims.

6) If I was an actor with any kind of name in the business I wouldn't want anything to do with the DCU right now. What faith would you put in anything WB/Disc is doing at all??? Bringing back Cavill and then ditching him 2 mos later? Scrapping WW3 (though granted, WW84 was ***)? Rumors of moving Momoa from one main character to a secondary character (Lobo)? Wtf? Nah, go work in theater or something instead lol.

7) I'm baffled by this studio putting out Flash and Blue Beetle movies next year. Nobody is going to go to them. Nobody. I'm the biggest DC fan I've ever met and even I'm dusgusted enough by how the last 10+ yrs have been handled that I don't have any faith in their quality. Plus **** Ezra Miller. ****ing weirdo.

I dunno.... I'm a DC guy through-and-through, but I'm tired of seeing these films and the universe get ****ed with so badly by studio execs and money men. It's such a ****ing mess -- I wish I could finally see the JLA vs Darkseid war that was being built, but that's gone; I wish I could see Black Adam fight Captain Marvel.... that's gone, too. A real Green Lantern movie with Sinestro would be nice, but nah... A Flash movie where the lead actor isn't facing jailtime would be sweet... nope.

And now the guy in charge of plotting the course for the franchise is responding to more idiots on twitter than Elon Musk..... gah, I give up :smh:

I'mma go watch Harley Quinn or Doom Patrol or something this weekend.

sad-batman.gif

Nah,people gonna go see Flash. I bet it makes more than BA
Yeah, I forgot about the Multiverse/Keaton/Batfleck stuff, so I imagine people will go to it regardless of how ****ed up Miller is.

I just see no hope for the future of any coherent DC cinematic universe at all thanks to the massive mistakes made 10 years ago, regardless of what Gunn and Safran decide to do :smh:

Good thing I can just walk away from it all and read the backlog of comics I have instead.

I thought i read somewhere the Battfleck scenes were scrapped? Cavill and Gal’s scenes as well.

Honestly wouldn't mind them focusing a bit more on the non-Trinity characters first before doing them proper justice afterwards

:lol:

DC/Rock cold war heating up

Keeping Ezra Miller on potentially is a horrible idea though

Daaamn. They fired Cavill back in 2018. Snyder out here killing opportunities.

If they bring back Ezra with Gunn rocking with it then they all deserve to fail.

Wow :lol: @ WW not being a part of Gunn’s 3 year plan.

:rofl: @ it only being a 3 year plan.

:lol: @ all of Rock’s schemes and hijinks he was up to be center of attention and appear successful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom