DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Can I also add that the "emotional" Martha scene came off rather weak?

They really had to bring in Lois to save the day to tell Batfleck that's Supes' mom's name? And then 10 seconds later, Supes and Batfleck are homies 4 lyfe?

:rolleyes
why didn't superman just tell him that before they fought :lol:

we have gotten more lines of tony and steve interacting with eachother just in the CW trailers than bat and superman talked throughout a 2.5 hour movie :lol:

Someone in the youtube comments said: "This CW trailer alone is better than the whole BvS movie" :lol:

I think their alter egos Clark and Bruce talked more than Bats and Supes did

Last edited:
Snyder's reasoning for killing Jimmy Olsen:"We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?"

Snyder's troll game is strong.

I'm really about to just watch the Battfleck directed solo movies and the WW solo movie and sever all ties to any DCU movie where Snyder's influence is strong.

I would rather drive into a ditch than let him come near a Marvel property :rofl:
Son is not making sense. "We" didn't have room for him so lets have fun and do that?

The room for Jimmy Olsen would be in future Superman movies :lol: :smh:

Is Amy Adams supposed to be naked in the r rated version. Like I was sure I saw a slip or 2 when she was in the tub

That explosion scene totally caught me off guard, even when I knew there was something weird about the meeting between Lex and the wheelchair guy + the "new" wheelchair. I was like... why is the senator freaking out about the ice tea? :lol:

Snyder's reasoning for killing Jimmy Olsen:"We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?"

Snyder's troll game is strong.

I'm really about to just watch the Battfleck directed solo movies and the WW solo movie and sever all ties to any DCU movie where Snyder's influence is strong.

I would rather drive into a ditch than let him come near a Marvel property :rofl:
Son is not making sense. "We" didn't have room for him so lets have fun and do that?

The room for Jimmy Olsen would be in future Superman movies :lol: :smh:

He don't care about Superman. He's trying to turn him into his favorite, Batman.

They really had to bring in Lois to save the day to tell Batfleck that's Supes' mom's name? And then 10 seconds later, Supes and Batfleck are homies 4 lyfe?

eyes.gif
why didn't superman just tell him that before they fought 
laugh.gif

we have gotten more lines of tony and steve interacting with eachother just in the CW trailers than bat and superman talked throughout a 2.5 hour movie 
laugh.gif
Someone in the youtube comments said: "This CW trailer alone is better than the whole BvS movie"
laugh.gif

my favorite youtube comment so far has been "WB needs to return the rights of Superman to Marvel" 
roll.gif

That explosion scene totally caught me off guard, even when I knew there was something weird about the meeting between Lex and the wheelchair guy + the "new" wheelchair. I was like... why is the senator freaking out about the ice tea?
laugh.gif
That's the Lex we needed. Not this awkward, bumbling ****-erberg clone.

:rolleyes
why didn't superman just tell him that before they fought :lol:

we have gotten more lines of tony and steve interacting with eachother just in the CW trailers than bat and superman talked throughout a 2.5 hour movie :lol:

Someone in the youtube comments said: "This CW trailer alone is better than the whole BvS movie" :lol:

my favorite youtube comment so far has been "WB needs to return the rights of Superman to Marvel:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So, what's NT's consensus? Is the movie wack? Okay? Dope?
Were the critics accurate or they're just tripping?

Overall I thought it was pretty good. Definitely wasn't bad like the critics made it seem.

Things I liked
  • Ben Affleck as Batman
  • Gal Gadot as WW
  • Jeremy Irons as Alfred
  • The fight scene between Batman and Superman. Batman with prep time = GOAT

Things I didn't like/hated
  • Eisenberg as Luthor :smh: His plan made no sense. Did he expect to be able to control Doomsday?
  • Superman..he came off as way too hypocritical. He was basically mad at Batman for being a vigilante with collateral damage, but he was basically doing the same things
  • All the explosions..they were too Michael Bay-esque
  • The fight with Doomsday. They should have just slugged it out like Hulk vs Abomination, Iron Man vs. Hulk, etc.
  • All the Justice League references. I understand that they're trying to expand the DC universe, but it felt forced and unnecessary. They should have made it happen more organically like the MCEU
  • That the previews gave away so much of the movie

On another note, did anyone notice that when Bruce was talking with Alfred about being Batman for 20 years he said something to the effect of "how many good guys stayed that way." I'm guessing this is a reference to Robin. Could it be that he didn't die, but became a bad guy like he did in Under the Red Hood?

the batman solo movie has to be a prequel right?

I'm assuming this batman has killed all his classic villains by now 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Batfleck gave no dambs. That Martha rescue scene had him killing at least 10 dudes and paralyzing 20.

laugh.gif

Once again, it shows how Snyder doesn't care about Batman's rule of no killing.

Last edited:

I'm assuming this batman has killed all his classic villains by now :lol:

Not necessarily.

Especially if they go with the red hood story.

But if this batman kills why didn't he kill joker too? *assuming he kills the villians*

Last edited:
So, what's NT's consensus? Is the movie wack? Okay? Dope?
Were the critics accurate or they're just tripping?
It was cool. The fan reviews were exaggerated and so were he critical reviews IMO. The pacing sucked balls. That dream sequence was terribly executed if you didn't have a background understanding of what was happening. The 20 second origin clips for each member of JL was so rushed. They tried to put too much in this movie.

I loved the action. I didn't hate Lex. He was cheesy and annoying sometimes, but I think he set up was that way to make his heel turn that much more disturbing when he goes full on psycho.

Loved Batman. Dude is ruthless. And I don't mind the guns. The Flashpoint animated movie prepared me for that I suppose.

I liked that they have Superman more to work with. I like to see him angry. He needs to be more three dimensional. Superman has always been a pretty basic character. They just need to give him more to work with.

Wonder Woman was cool. The scene where she was reading the email from Bruce, though. She kept scrolling slowly only revealing the next line of text to create tension. Just felt so corny.

Overall, I think it was solid. Snyder just sucks at telling stories and he was either forced to or decided to shoehorn a bunch of unnecessary stuff in the movie that just confused things more.

I can only imagine watching it from he perspective of someone with minimal DC knowledge. A lot of the things I really liked were references or callbacks to something else.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
Not necessarily.

Especially if they go with the red hood story.

But if this batman kills why didn't he kill joker too? *assuming he kills the villians*
but I just mean sure there are possible storylines that have great shots at being good movies

but it would kind of be a waste of having a new batman if all his classic villains are already in the past 

is suicide squad a prequel? 

It was cool. The fan reviews were exaggerated and so were he critical reviews IMO. The pacing sucked balls. That dream sequence was terribly executed if you didn't have a background understanding of what was happening. The 20 second origin clips for each member of JL was so rushed. They tried to put too much in this movie.

I loved the action. I didn't hate Lex. He was cheesy and annoying sometimes, but I think he set up was that way to make his heel turn that much more disturbing when he goes full on psycho.

Loved Batman. Dude is ruthless. And I don't mind the guns. The Flashpoint animated movie prepared me for that I suppose.

I liked that they have Superman more to work with. I like to see him angry. He needs to be more three dimensional. Superman has always been a pretty basic character. They just need to give him more to work with.

Wonder Woman was cool. The scene where she was reading the email from Bruce, though. She kept scrolling slowly only revealing the next line of text to create tension. Just felt so corny.

Overall, I think it was solid. Snyder just sucks at telling stories and he was either forced to or decided to shoehorn a bunch of unnecessary stuff in the movie that just confused things more.

I can only imagine watching it from he perspective of someone with minimal DC knowledge. A lot of the things I really liked were references or callbacks to something else.

This was pretty much my opinion as well.

In summation: it was aight. Bit of a mess, and I'm not particularly motivated to watch it again, but aight.

Last edited:
That Batman rule isn't absolute. There are so many different versions of Batman.

It was just beaten into our heads last trilogy.

When Batman started to become more mature, the wholesomeness went out the window. I enjoy seeing Batman snap someone's neck.

Back
Top Bottom