DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Synder must have nudes of every executive and WB, makes no damb sense that they put so much faith in dude

Wasn't Nolan suppose to be over Synder's damb shoulder doe? When Synder got Superman I thought that was the deal
Nolan was a "producer," which really could've meant general oversight.

Just note that he didn't really want anything to do with CBM after the trilogy. WB just forced him to get involved.

In your opinion famb, is he better than Bale in Batman Begins?

I think so, Bale's Bruce was never quite right and the physicality of Affleck is perfect for the batman role.

I think Affleck hits more on how broken Bruce/Batman is underneath it all.

I think its a more subtle performance than the horrible dialogue makes it seem.

The more I think about it Affleck was excellent.

He was the best or second best thing about this **** show.

He really is a perfect Batman, belivable as both Bruce and Batman.
In your opinion famb, is he better than Bale in Batman Begins?
might be a post movie hottake but I watched some bale clips today and he doesnt even feel like bruce wayne anymore 
laugh.gif

affleck IS bruce wayne and his batman was great too. Not sure why snider put so much effort into batman murdering everything it sight though 

Affleck literally played every aspect of Bruce Wayne/Batman to perfection

Absent-minded rich playboy

Detective

Person who becomes psychotically obsessive with ****

Quiet rage

Even his speech at the end about bringing the JL together...when he goes "just a hunch" :smokin this man is the glue that will hold this franchise together

I liked how batman was clearly just a human compared to SM and WW but he still found ways to make plays vs doomsday 

The more I think about it Affleck was excellent.

He was the best or second best thing about this **** show.

He really is a perfect Batman, belivable as both Bruce and Batman.
Once again, this is good to hear. Seems like I'll get the Batman I deserve and need.

Quote:

I liked how batman was clearly just a human compared to SM and WW but he still found ways to make plays vs doomsday 
YES

If there's one thing Snyder did well here, it was showing how Batfleck couldn't possibly go up one-on-one to Doomsday.

When he escaped, it seemed very frantic and desperate. When he got hit, you could hear him groaning and sound like he's about to die.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
“Batman Vs. Superman – Where You Go When You’ve Exhausted All Possibilities” – David Goyer, A Decade Ago

In 2002 Warners were wondering what to do with their superheroes. From an LA Times article in 2005…

[Wolfgang] Petersen envisioned a clash between a big-city, brooding Batman motivated by anger, pain and guilt, and a Superman who was all-American, small-town and innocent. He promised “a true existential experience with visual fun.” If all went well, he said, the film could be in theaters by summer 2004.

But it had a challenger,

Meanwhile, a script by J.J. Abrams (creator of TV’s “Lost” and “Alias”) for another Superman film, the first part of a proposed trilogy, had gained favor at the studio. Horn was said to prefer the optimism of the “Superman” script to the darkness of the “Superman Vs. Batman” screenplay. He then took a step that was bizarre even by Hollywood standards: He distributed copies of both scripts to 10 other company executives and solicited their opinions.

Democracy? In Hollywood?

The vote was 11-1 in favor of “Superman” — Di Bonaventura’s was the one dissenting vote. For Di Bonaventura, the “Superman Vs. Batman” episode was just symptomatic of a larger rift, and he resigned his post the following month, in September 2002.

And now it’s time for the quote. I’ll bold it.

In the eyes of many comic book boosters, Warner Bros. made the right decision. “ ‘Batman Vs. Superman’ is where you go when you admit to yourself that you’ve exhausted all possibilities,” says Goyer, who wrote the screenplays for “Blade” and its two sequels. “It’s like ‘Frankenstein meets Wolfman’ or ‘Freddy Vs. Jason.’ It’s somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp.”

David Goyer is credited for writing the movie Batman V Superman. He is also credited as writer and producer on Man Of Steel, the three recent Batman movies, the Blade movies, the Constantine TV show as well as behind the upcoming Krypton TV series.

But his role in the movie seems to have been diminished. In a press conference, director Zack Snyder said

Once we had committed to that idea, it was only then that it implies that a whole universe exists for Batman and Superman to exist together. I know it seems obvious in the comic book world, but it had not existed in the movies, but once that idea took root and existed as reality, it was then and only then

Goyer was the one who came up with Man Of Steel and pitched it to Christopher Nolan for when Nolan was finishing Dark Knight Rises. Nolan took the pitch to WB and got it greenlit on the strength of him and his wife Emma Thomas producing. Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder came after and Nolan and Thmas dropped out. But now Zack Snyder seems to be claiming credit for creating the DC Extended Universe and pretty much rewriting history to omit David Goyer?

They also seem to be pretending George Miller‘s aborted Justice League movie and the Batman vs Superman project we mention above didn’t exist.

With BVS producer Charles Roven joining in saying “It’s a team of us, and the team is obviously Debby, Zack, myself, Geoff Johns is part of it and obviously the [Warner Bros.] creative guys… are all a part of it.”

Missing someone? The one who wrote it all?

As for that quote, imagine a couple going to the cinema this weekend

“10 Clovrfield Lane? The Bronze? Kung Fu Panda 3? Deadpool again?”

“Let’s go see Batman V Superman.”

“I suppose so. We’ve exhausted all other possibilities.”

Hmmm.....

Don't even think Goyer will mind Snyder taking credit for all of this here on out.

Pretty weird/sad he thinks BvS is a last resort and nobody seems to want to make use of all of the stories in comics you could adapt.

Last edited:
Damb Batfleck was that lit 8)

Someone give this fool a truck load of money to make his own Batman movie. I need that in my veins

IDK why Ben would be depressed about the reviews. If he's read any of them, he'd understand that literally nobody has thrown shade on him :lol:

eek.gif
 just finished watching the animated batman: the dark knight returns part 1 and 2.

i hope they portray batfleck like that batman, dude gave noooo dambs.

i admit i was against bulky bats but after watching that i like it a lot

cant believe i never watched those before.

IDK why Ben would be depressed about the reviews. If he's read any of them, he'd understand that literally nobody has thrown shade on him
laugh.gif
Well, think of it as guilty by association.

He's had some terrible films in his career, but these last few years have been him at his prime. Sure, everyone loved him as Batfleck, but he probably wants to be associated with good stuff going forward.

Again, he should push to direct his own Bats solo film.

Last edited:
that video is probably just ben bored and tired from all the interviews looking tired while his co-star is answering a question 
laugh.gif

IDK why Ben would be depressed about the reviews. If he's read any of them, he'd understand that literally nobody has thrown shade on him :lol:

Ben Affleck is weird. His resurgence as an actor had been partly fueled by him directing the movies he is the lead in.

He is good in every he has been in recently, but still needs up being caught in some sub par films

Dude seems like he wants everything he touches to be high quality

Last edited:
Probably don't want to be directed by Snyder again next month for probably another 2 months or more.

Actors hate being in movies knowing it's not gonna be good, especially if they aint just doing it for a check.

And let's be real: Snyder probably pitched Ben hard on his vision for Batman and how Ben would be perfect for it.

Then BvS comes out, Ben is the bright light, and the rest of the film is doo doo.

Not a good look.

Last edited:
And let's be real: Snyder probably pitched Ben hard on his vision for Batman and how Ben would be perfect for it.

Then BvS comes out, Ben is the bright light, and the rest of the film is doo doo.

Not a good look.

Ben was so hyped when he got the role. :lol:

Not a good look.
Ben was so hyped when he got the role.
laugh.gif
Definitely, but how the rest of the film goes isn't really something Ben has control over.

He has the director mindset and took a chance on Gone Girl as GOAT Fincher was attached.

Is Snyder on the same level as Fincher? Nah.

Last edited:
if the movie was more funny would it be better ?

I don't think so. All Snyder had to do was stick to a simple and coherent story and it would've been a home run. Synder just can't tell a story. A few corny jokes wouldn't have saved it.

Back
Top Bottom