DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

the batman solo movie has to be a prequel right?

I'm assuming this batman has killed all his classic villains by now :lol:

Not necessarily.

Especially if they go with the red hood story.

But if this batman kills why didn't he kill joker too? *assuming he kills the villians*
but I just mean sure there are possible storylines that have great shots at being good movies

but it would kind of be a waste of having a new batman if all his classic villains are already in the past 

is suicide squad a prequel? 

No suicide squad is confirmed to have taken place after the events of BVS.

Overall I thought it was pretty good. Definitely wasn't bad like the critics made it seem.

Things I liked
  • Ben Affleck as Batman
  • Gal Gadot as WW
  • Jeremy Irons as Alfred
  • The fight scene between Batman and Superman. Batman with prep time = GOAT

Things I didn't like/hated
  • Eisenberg as Luthor :smh: His plan made no sense. Did he expect to be able to control Doomsday?
  • Superman..he came off as way too hypocritical. He was basically mad at Batman for being a vigilante with collateral damage, but he was basically doing the same things
  • All the explosions..they were too Michael Bay-esque
  • The fight with Doomsday. They should have just slugged it out like Hulk vs Abomination, Iron Man vs. Hulk, etc.
  • All the Justice League references. I understand that they're trying to expand the DC universe, but it felt forced and unnecessary. They should have made it happen more organically like the MCEU
  • That the previews gave away so much of the movie

On another note, did anyone notice that when Bruce was talking with Alfred about being Batman for 20 years he said something to the effect of "how many good guys stayed that way." I'm guessing this is a reference to Robin. Could it be that he didn't die, but became a bad guy like he did in Under the Red Hood?
Bruh :lol: Ya dislikes/hatred list is longer than ya likes list.

I swear if yall got more to stay about what you didn't like how you leave saying eh it was pretty good. Is that nice way of saying average? :lol:

Decent movie. I loved the action scenes. The story was disjointed and confusing at times but I give it a 7 out of 10. Way better than F4.

I swear if yall got more to stay about what you didn't like how you leave saying eh it was pretty good. Is that nice way of saying average? :lol:

I've been seeing that kinda review everywhere this thread.

Someone would preface his post saying he liked the movie, or that the movie was good, but then writes extensively about what he doesn't like about the movie.

I think if the movie was decent at all, there'd be a lot of BvS riding and Marvel slamming.

Last edited:

Someone would preface his post saying he liked the movie, or that the movie was good, but then writes extensively about what he doesn't like about the movie.

I think if the movie was decent at all, there'd be a lot of BvS riding and Marvel slamming.

:rolleyes

I love AoU but can easily write an essay about all the **** I hated in that movie.

People can like something but take issue with certain aspects of that something without it affecting their perception of the whole :lol:

Last edited:

:lol: dudes are terrible reviewers. I swear one of the earlier ones were "it was terrible, I give it a 6/8". Fam that's like 80%.

roll.gif
Batfleck now doubting being a part of this + getting Daredevil flashbacks.

Here's to hoping he directs his own solo film.

Last edited:

Bruh
laugh.gif
Ya dislikes/hatred list is longer than ya likes list.

I swear if yall got more to stay about what you didn't like how you leave saying eh it was pretty good. Is that nice way of saying average?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dudes are terrible reviewers. I swear one of the earlier ones were "it was terrible, I give it a 6/8". Fam that's like 80%.
young grasshoppers have yet to master the /8 system 

Zack's response to the criticism was basically "**** em, IDK how else to make a movie breh" :wow: :rofl:

This does not bode well for JL unless someone at WB makes an executive decision :stoneface:

Honestly, Batfleck shouldn't feel bad for himself, but considering he's basically reaching his career peak as an acclaimed director/actor, he's definitely doubting this choice. His mindset = "will this be a mark on my past few years of hard work?"

Want proof? Just go look at all the publicity photos related to BvS -- dude looks depressed (partly due to the divorce).

He'll get Oscar hype for Live By Night. He should push to direct his own Bats solo film.

Last edited:

:rolleyes

I love AoU but can easily write an essay about all the **** I hated in that movie.

People can like something but take issue with certain aspects of that something without it affecting their perception of the whole :lol:
But couldn't you also write an essay about what you loved about it?

In posts where you're posting your reaction, I'm just saying you'd think it'd be more favorable to your overall opinion of the movie.

:lol: dudes are terrible reviewers. I swear one of the earlier ones were "it was terrible, I give it a 6/8". Fam that's like 80%.
The scale of 8 been getting butchered these past few pgs.

You're encouraged to use decimal points :lol:

Last edited:

Honestly, Batfleck shouldn't feel bad for himself, but considering he's basically reaching his career peak as an acclaimed director/actor, he's definitely doubting this choice. His mindset = "will this be a mark on my past few years of hard work?"

Want proof? Just go look at all the publicity photos related to BvS -- dude looks depressed (partly due to the divorce).

He'll get Oscar hype for Live By Night.
the crew must be so pumped to start filming JL part 1 in 20 days 
laugh.gif

He'll get Oscar hype for Live By Night. He should push to direct his own Bats solo film.

I think dude's marriage fell apart because of BvS. I think his wife hated the constant working out, being away from home 24/7, that kinda ****

Makes me feel bad for homie

Personally, I think that's selfish of his wife. Just because her career is no bueno doesn't mean his has to be :lol:

Last edited:

He'll get Oscar hype for Live By Night.
the crew must be so pumped to start filming JL part 1 in 20 days 
laugh.gif
Damn, that early? BvS negative reviews must've put a cloud over this whole thing.

laugh.gif

I think dude's marriage fell apart because of BvS. I think his wife hated the constant working out, being away from home 24/7, that kinda ****

Makes me feel bad for homie
Yeah, I feel bad for his personal life, but let's be real: he was getting side action and his wife couldn't have that (even though she probably knew it was happening).

But that's neither here or there.

Last edited:
The more I think about it Affleck was excellent.

He was the best or second best thing about this **** show.

He really is a perfect Batman, belivable as both Bruce and Batman.

Synder must have nudes of every executive and WB, makes no damb sense that they put so much faith in dude

Wasn't Nolan suppose to be over Synder's damb shoulder doe? When Synder got Superman I thought that was the deal

+9000000000

Nobody in here is booing Batfleck; if anything, the consensus I'm getting from NT fam (and almost everyone else) is that Batfleck was fantastic.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

In your opinion famb, is he better than Bale in Batman Begins?

Last edited:
Way better than Bale to me. Bale was a glorified placeholder in his movies, with the villains and the story moving along and him just happening to be along for the ride :lol:

Back
Top Bottom