DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Anyone see the Jesse Owens biopic from earlier this year? WB/DC were sleeping and missed out on Chadwick Boseman, but the kid who played Jesse Owens is another talented up-and-comer. I think he could play John Stewart.

2d4b583b_470010712-stephan-james-attends-the-los-angeles-gettyimages.jpeg

No 2 studios are gonna let a star be the lead role for both of their franchises that compete with each other in the same category.

Especially if we're talking. FOX and WB. Whoever he signed with first would probably purposely cause scheduling conflicts constantly to block the other if there already isn't some clause in the contract stopping them from doing that.
 Didn't Halle Berry cross streams when she was in the X-Men films and then went on to do Catwoman? 
I really don't know what that Catwoman movie was suppose to be :x :lol: It was so bad. Hard to say that counts. Plus it was so bad.

If she was playing Selina Kyle and Batman made a cameo then I don't think it goes down at all. Of course we're talking early 2000s right? I don't know when that movie came out but obviously X-Men started in 2000. I'm talking right now in this climate with the studios that own the rights to big 2 publishers in comics.

I just don't see 2 studios using one star actor for both of their superhero franchises at the same time. It'd fall a part contractually imo.

Would be one helluva payday if somebody pulled it off though.

Last edited:
Anyone see the Jesse Owens biopic from earlier this year? WB/DC were sleeping and missed out on Chadwick Boseman, but the kid who played Jesse Owens is another talented up-and-comer. I think he could play John Stewart.

2d4b583b_470010712-stephan-james-attends-the-los-angeles-gettyimages.jpeg

naw marvel gonna snatch him up as i finish typing this.

marvel gonna leave dc with nothing but tyrese and megan fox

J.K. Simmons was low key swole in Whiplash. Now he's on that Bane Venom. :wow:

Unless they do a new Blade movie, it's really just villains and supporting characters left. If Marvel casts him, I hope he doesn't get the Djimon Hounsou or Idris Elba treatment.

If they ever do a Young Justice film, I'd like to see Dylan O'Brian as Robin and Stephan James (Jesse Owens above) as Aqualad.

J.K. Simmons was low key swole in Whiplash. Now he's on that Bane Venom. :wow:

Unless they do a new Blade movie, it's really just villains and supporting characters left. If Marvel casts him, I hope he doesn't get the Djimon Hounsou or Idris Elba treatment.
He can be the new Power Man for Marvel if ppl think he can fit as Aqualad (if he were to get that role he's need to be cast in Aquaman).

He's 22 now so I doubt he's the new Blade any time soon. If Marvel wanted to they could go the Josiah X route.

I feel like Honsou and the homey Adebisi can get recast. The problem. With Elba is they made such a big deal out of a black Heimdall couldn't just kill him off quick and replace him.

I know Marvel knows Idiris is wanted by other studios in this realm of movies.

Last edited:
I doubt they'll do anything with Young Justice. I could see Kaldur being in a Momoaman sequel with Black Manta as a villain. Who I think would be a pretty sick villain/anti-hero for film and people might walk away loving him like they do other guys like Joker. He had a really interesting arc on Young Justice and he's been pretty good in the New 52.

I don't like Stephan James for Kaldur though. I still think he can be John Stewart. Who isn't just a big name for a black character, but superheroes in general.

He can be the new Power Man for Marvel if ppl think he can fit as Aqualad (if he were to get that role he's need to be cast in Aquaman).

He's 22 now so I doubt he's the new Blade any time soon. If Marvel wanted to they could go the Josiah X route.

I doubt we'll see one of the other Power Man's (Power Men? Power People?) because of Netflix. I don't think we'll see any of those teams with the younger Power Man because Marvel Studios already has so much on their slate.

Jude Law was just on Colbert.

Sounds like Bryan Singer really wanted him as Superman for his trash Superman Returns :lol: :x :stoneface: Even had Jude try on the suit since he was so hyped about it :smh:

Last edited:
He would've needed a really good wig. singer probably just wanted to be around jude.

Back
Top Bottom