DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I think he could actually pull it off. Shazam has kind of like a child-like innocence and comedic naivety to him which he pretty much pulled off in 21 Jump Street.
yup..

granted my only exposure to shazam is from the animated movies I've seen him in.. I'd be way more excited for him in that role than gambit

I can see Tatum pulling off the character of Shazam.

Guess yall disagreeing don't like his acting and don't think he fits the look?

Yeah, sb sb - check out the TPBs for the Booster Gold series and 52. I thought 52 was incredible. A year in the DCU without Batman, Superman & WW. Focused on The Question, Booster, Black Adam and other B-level characters told REALLY well.

ill check it out. thanks for the info.

View media item 2058770
Think it would be better if they found someone who looked more like The Rock in terms of facial features and build, because Adam and Billy are like reflections of one another, with the biggest difference being Adam's skintone. Of course I don't expect them to find a lighter version of The Rock or anything, but I think they could do better than Tatum.

Posted this in many threads before regarding the Rocks height.

Tatum is 6'1"

Paul Walker is 6'2"

The Rock is WWE 6'5"

If the Rock is truly 6'5", he'd be towering over everyone including Walker.

View media item 2058773

Rock only looks slightly taller than Tatum because of his conehead but dude is practically similar in height. Either way, Rock is no way 6'5" tall.
View media item 2058775

Last edited:
When dwayne is on the gear he looks like an absolute beast. If tatum will be opposite of him he better start lifting now.

Last edited:
DCs good at padding the costumes, they'll just give Rock pure spandex while everyone else gets a muscle suit :lol:

Last edited:
View media item 2058770
Think it would be better if they found someone who looked more like The Rock in terms of facial features and build, because Adam and Billy are like reflections of one another, with the biggest difference being Adam's skintone. Of course I don't expect them to find a lighter version of The Rock or anything, but I think they could do better than Tatum.
Would be cool if they made Billy a Samoan kid and found a square jawed Samoan guy built enough to rival the Rock.

Momoa would've been the closest thing. He's Hawaiian and Native American and a bunch of other mixed stuff. He's a legit 6'4. Only difficult thing would've been to have him cut his hair and beard.

Last edited:
I think Tatum might be able to pull off Captain Marvel. He was ok in GI Joe. I just hope there's a decent child actor to get Billy right, and the kid & Tatums' mannerisms need to match identically.

View media item 2058770
Would be cool if they made Billy a Samoan kid and found a square jawed Samoan guy built enough to rival the Rock.

It really would be. Doubt it'll happen though :smh: I find it kind of funny that they cast the film's villain a year before casting the hero :lol:

Last edited:
A year? Hasn't been like 3-4 years since the Rock announced he is playing Black Adam? :lol:

And they haven't even really casted Shazam, Tatum is just a rumor and not much else. Dude could be Hal Jordan for all we know if he is even coming over to DC at all.

By the way Rock describes it though, looks like Black Adam is more an anti-hero and wouldn't be surprised if they somewhat promised him a spin-off solo film.

May god have mercy on our souls if Channing Tatum is cast as Hal Jordan. :smh:

If I were DC, I would make a strong play at trying to get Jake Gyllenhaal for Hal. I know he already turned down the Rick Flagg role in Suicide Squad, but that would of been a gross misuse of him anyway. (Same when they had Tom Hardy.) He should be playing a big name character in a more significant film.

Last edited:
A year? Hasn't been like 3-4 years since the Rock announced he is playing Black Adam? :lol:

And they haven't even really casted Shazam, Tatum is just a rumor and not much else. Dude could be Hal Jordan for all we know if he is even coming over to DC at all.

By the way Rock describes it though, looks like Black Adam is more an anti-hero and wouldn't be surprised if they somewhat promised him a spin-off solo film.
That he might be in JL (before Shazam is even introduced) totally points to that :lol:

You felt like Tom Hardy was misused as Bane?
Nah, he's talking about when Hardy was originally cast as Rick Flagg for SS.

Last edited:
Momoa would've been the closest thing. He's Hawaiian and Native American and a bunch of other mixed stuff. He's a legit 6'4. Only difficult thing would've been to have him cut his hair and beard.

Roman Reigns >

Hell no. ramen can't play a hero if he gets booed in every arena. His cousin dwayne wouldn't want to make him look bad either.

Hell no. ramen can't play a hero if he gets booed in every arena. His cousin dwayne wouldn't want to make him look bad either.

they're not even blood related :lol:

he's like 5th level cousin or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom