DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I luckily kept my game boy and most of my games from that. My GameCube broke years ago and my brother ended up taking the N64 when he moved out. Moved on to Xbox then 360 then Xbox One with a lil stint of PC stuff in there.
I don't play new games that often, usually just revisit the games I used to play years ago.
When Microsoft released the halo anniversary edition I stayed up for a few nights in a row playing Halo 1 multiplayer :smh:

Last edited:
Just glad Batman games been lit forever. Bout to look for the GameCube ones.
I went to this retro store and they had Gamecube and N64 games in package for sale for like $60 a piece
I didn't buy ****. They had games I bought for $5 used ten years ago for $60 :x
Viewtiful Joe, NFS Underground, Paper Mario, Pokemon games, Goldeneye, Banjo & Kazooie, Super Mario 64/Sunshine. ridiculous
That sounds like they sold it for release day price. Its been so long customers are lucky classics like Mario 64 and Mario Kart aren't selling for $100+ if they're still in their OG package.

Last edited:
Yep. When your first try is that epic of a failure you shouldn't try again. :smh:

like Marvel in the 70s, 80s and early 90s

I have no idea why they even bother today

Except the comics weren't failures in those years and numerous properties were selling more than they do now :lol: You had a few failures, which were or have been cancelled in the time in-between, which then don't seem worth mentioning since they were discontinued. Superman 64 was a failure in every way and is commonly touted as one of the worst video games of all time. Pretty bad comparison overall :lol: Better comparison would be something like The Last Airbender.

Last edited:
but I am talking about movies, not comics

point is your statement was ridiculous and that is even considering we are in a comic book movie thread where one person bases his facts from a poster

all those 70s, 80s and early 90s Marvel movies were simply terrible and by your logic Marvel shouldn't have bothered to try again because they were epic failures

Last edited:

point is your statement was ridiculous and that is even considering we are in a comic book movie thread where one person bases his facts from a poster

all those 70s, 80s and early 90s Marvel movies were simply terrible and by your logic Marvel shouldn't have bothered to try again because they were epic failures

From the 70s to the 90s the only films Marvel put in theaters, that I can think of, were Howard the Duck, which they haven't made any sequels for and would fall into the same category as Superman 64 for me, Punisher, Captain America, Fantastic 4, and Blade. Punisher is another example, yet they continued to make more films for, which weren't any better :lol: Blade was a good film, so there's no problem with them making sequels. With where the franchise is now, they shouldn't have made any more Fantastic 4 films. That leaves one property, Captain America, that was terrible and then turned it around. Out of 5 properties you had one that was an instant success, one that became a success after being a failure, one that maybe toed the line, and two straight failures :lol: Track record is terrible. Kind of reminds me of Wolverine's films. Two bad films and now we're getting ready to have a third. :smh:

Last edited:
Howard the Duck isn't really considered a Marvel movie, it's not exactly a superhero genre even though he is a Marvel character.

And Punisher while not exactly a movie in it's most recent incarnation, is now a viable property after his Netflix stint and getting his own Netflix Series so that is considered a success. Daredevil could be put in that category too.

Also got to keep in mind that the the ones who are making the films now are different from before and that is why some of them are better. Obviously I said some because not all are for the better.

If a Superman game was made today, it isn't going to be made by the same studio that made the 64 game, they'd be handled by someone much better and knows what they are doing like RockSteady.

Technology and ideas have changed and things can be made much, much better today with the correct people behind it and why I find your reasoning ridiculous to not give something a chance just because it failed close to two decades ago even though their current track record has been pretty good.

Last edited:
Howard the Duck isn't really considered a Marvel movie, it's not exactly a superhero genre.

And Punisher while not exactly a movie in it's most recent incarnation, it is now a viable property after his Netflix stint and getting his own Netflix Series so that is considered a success. Daredevil could be put in that category too.

Also got to keep in mind that the the ones who are making the films now are different from before and that is why some of them are better. Obviously I said some because not all are for the better.

If a Superman game was made today, it isn't going to be made by the same studio that made the 64 game, they'd be handled by someone much better and knows what they are doing like RockSteady.

Technology and ideas have changed and things can be made much, much better today with the correct people behind it and why I find your reasoning ridiculous.

Don't see why not, since he's based off a Marvel comic book, but to each his own. I was thinking in terms of Marvel properties.

Yeah, Punisher in Netflix was a sucess. The films weren't and I therefore wouldn't choose to put him in a film again. Superman in the comics and animated series is a success, Superman 64 wasn't. A property working in one place doesn't mean it'll work somewhere else, hence the failures.

There's a chance it could be great, but not a guarantee, which is why failures still occur today. Superman 64 was bad enough that I wouldn't take the chance. That's why I compared it to The Last Airbender. There's a chance another live action Avatar The Last Airbender film could succeed, but i'm good after the first one. The animated series did great however, hence it got a sequel. The comics for it did great too, hence they got sequels. Live Action was trash, so no sequel. Same with Dragon Ball Evolution, but that at least I always knew would fail.

Last edited:
No one said anything is guaranteed but I would say with MCU handling Punisher and Daredevil, put them in film and I can't see it not making the same as AntMan or their average movies. This is almost a guarantee with MCU until proven otherwise.

And yes properties in one genre doesn't mean it'll work in the another, I thought that was clear? No one is saying that it is interchangeable at all.

The point is not trying just because one failed eons ago is ridiculous and many remembers the failed Superman game but there are still many, many more that still want to see another one despite it.

No risk no reward. All they could do is try and hand it to people they trust and go with it and as I said they have current success in the genre so why not?

You hand it over to a company like Rocksteady who made great Batman games and then you minimize that risk.

No one said anything is guaranteed but I would say with MCU handling Punisher and Daredevil, put them in film and I can't see it not making the same as AntMan or their average movies. This is almost a guarantee with MCU until proven otherwise.

And yes properties in one genre doesn't mean it'll work in the another, I thought that was clear? No one is saying that it is interchangeable at all.

The point is not trying just because one failed eons ago is ridiculous and many remembers the failed Superman game but there are still many, many more that still want to see another one despite it.

No risk no reward. All they could do is try and hand it to people they trust and go with it and as I said they have current success in the genre so why not?

You hand it over to a company like Rocksteady who made great Batman games and then you minimize that risk.

No one said it, i'm just explaining my feelings on the matter. Superman is a character that has never had a great solo game, with one truly, legendary terrible game. Outside of just trying again and again and again until you hopefully manage to make it work I really don't see a purpose in trying again at all. Basically just hoping that somebody else will be able to get it right when the others didn't. Is it possible it'll happen? Yeah. I've seen enough to highly doubt it though and therefore see no reason to. I then think it's perfectly natural for them to not do another solo game and to instead focus on other ideas/characters, especially when they don't exactly have a shortage of characters anyways. Now if all they had was the Big 7 for the Justice League then sure i'd say go for it, because you're extremely limited in that scenario. They're not so they don't need to throw more towards another Superman game. There's no reason for a risk at all. In comparison, Injustice was great, the comic's great, so go ahead and make a sequel for it and the comic (Which i'm assuming will get a sequel). Batman's great in the films, so make more films. He's great in the games, so make more games. If the products are great keep making them. If they aren't, don't. Simple as that for me. Could again compare it to The Last Airbender, which is still a successful, popular proptery overall, but i'd never want another live action film for.

A wall of text argument for suggesting that WB games should develop a new Superman title :rolleyes

I'm just as shocked as you.

Last edited:

Of the movies in those decades, outside of Cap, Marvel hasn't made movies for any of those failures.

In fact, coupled with the comic bubble bursting and those movies being so bad they sold them to other studios so they can make the trash movies :lol:

Last edited:
Superman Returns had some great mechanics. You could create multiple sonic booms by flying fast long enough, they all sounded different. You could also run at super speed and pick up basically anything. The city of Metropolis was 80 square miles, and you could use heat vision and freeze/super breath to destroy the city.

The powers were cool and well designed, and there was the interesting concept of Metropolis having a health bar as opposed to Superman.

The only problem was that the game was developed by EA and not a studio like Rocksteady.

A free roam Superman title on a current gen console from a competent developer would be the greatest thing ever

Superman Returns had some great mechanics. You could create multiple sonic booms by flying fast long enough, they all sounded different. You could also run at super speed and pick up basically anything. The city of Metropolis was 80 square miles, and you could use heat vision and freeze/super breath to destroy the city.

The powers were cool and well designed, and there was the interesting concept of Metropolis having a health bar as opposed to Superman.

The only problem was that the game was developed by EA and not a studio like Rocksteady.

A free roam Superman title on a current gen console from a competent developer would be the greatest thing ever

Yeah everyone keeps harping on Superman 64 like it was the last Superman game to be made. We're leaps and bounds from that. A Good Superman game can be made.

New SS tv spot is :smh: .... Movie looks corny. Will playing Willshot doesn't help. I hope the humor was in from the beginning and not from the reshoots and BVS backlash.

I thought that was pretty good. I actually like the portrayal of all of the characters in SS. There's no Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor type scenario. (Who's not a bad actor, but maybe not the best choice for Lex.)

Since when is Will a scieontologist?

I know about the banging Duane and Tom rumors but not that.

I've heard Will talk about his philosophy for life. He ain't mention upping his thetan count. Just sounds like Tony Robbins.

As for the movie, I kinda expect him to be corny in this. Coupled with Will's version of a badass. This a movie he can coast in so his name can hopefully be attached to a high grossing blockbuster flick. He needs it after the failures he's been in.

Last edited:
Will and Jada used to be scientologist.
Well at least used to associate with them. Read something about donating 70K in their tax return to scientology organization.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom