DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

They're really going to have to convince me with a Cyborg movie though. Cyborg's character is so lame, but his power set could make really good action scenes, especially in a team setting. Dude just barely got his own comic outside the JL not that long ago. I think his movie is the hardest sell.

I get why their going with a lighter tone for JL. I can accept it even if I liked the tone of BVS better. I just hope we still get to see batman brutalize criminals again. Overall I like the news i'm hearing coming from WB. It seems like they are trying to show that they are learning from their mistakes recently. IMO this is a good start.

Geoff is the main reason for that and I'm liking things so far from him.

Suicide squad looks lit, they gonna be fine

Flash has been getting a good reception. Even the people who hate Man of Steel and Batman v Superman have been saying good things. My man Rick Famuyiwa needs to have the speedster running to some old Soul cuts in the Flash solo. :pimp:

I want to be optimistic about JL.

I'm concerned with the script being absolutely perfect. I do want humor, just not Avengers level.

Let Snyder slay with the visuals, stick to the script, and do NOTHING ELSE.

Snyder and Johns are supposedly working on a mystery project but not a movie. Speculations are it might be the Watchmen series for HBO.

Grant Gustin >>> Ezra Miller by a long shot. They went with the wrong Barry Allen. Still can't believe it's slated for next November, that seems so soon.

Ezra Miller is a great actor, never seen him play a role quite like a Barry Allen character but he hasn't shown me anything to say he won't be a great Barry Allen...

From Vulture, Batman recruiting The Flash.

21-justicevulture1.nocrop.w529.h767.jpg

21-justicevulture2.nocrop.w529.h767.jpg

21-justicevulture3.nocrop.w529.h430.jpg

This seems to have been stolen straight from the JL cartoon :lol:

:lol: :smh: @ Grant being better than Ezra

Wouldn't be hard to top a beta Flash that cries every episodes, take multiple Ls, always need help from his team

that being said Ezra should of been Wally...

Wally was always the Flash to me. The same way John Stewart was my Green Lantern. Can't help it that I was a child of the 90s and grew up with those versions. :\

Barry is definitely still the man though. Excited to see Wally brought back in the comics.

I've preferred Hal to Jon ever since GL Rebirth.

Jon Stewart in JL is too straight-laced and conservative. He was originally conceived as anti-establishment and the young black foil to the rigid Hal Jordan. Which is why I don't like him being in the Marines. Hal always had a problem with Jon's disregard for authority back in the 70s.

Never liked Barry Allen as a character and really knew nothing about him until Flash Rebirth. Wally is my favorite Flash.

I never understood the obsession with Barry after his return. I actually went back and read his books before he died in COIE and I found nothing compelling about his character.

Wally is great, tho :smokin

Last edited:
Ever since Rebirth they've done everything to fix every mistake and right every wrong for Hal and put the utmost effort in storytelling for that character and made John an afterthought. Green Lantern Corps was doing a really good job with John until DC decided to cancel it.

Wally was always the Flash to me. The same way John Stewart was my Green Lantern. Can't help it that I was a child of the 90s and grew up with those versions. :\

Barry is definitely still the man though. Excited to see Wally brought back in the comics.

Well that's a rarity. Typically people that were reading Green Lantern in the 90s cite Kyle Rayner as their Green Lantern since he was so much more prevalent than John, in the same way that Wally was more prevalent than Jay Garrick.

That being said, Green Lantern might be the one comic property where I like all the main characters to use the mantle, from Alan Scott down to Kyle Rayner (These new guys they've brought in since the New 52 is a different story, since i've really read nothing substantial concerning them). Think that they were all written well, whereas Flash had dull as dirt Barry Allen screwing it up. And Jay wasn't much better. Thankfully Wally was interesting enough, with stories that were also great enough to pick up the slack. All the work that was put into Wally's character after Barry died, and the Flash section of the DCU in general, is some of the best the company has ever seen and allowed Wally West to be the one sidekick to take over for his mentor and thoroughly surpass him.

Back
Top Bottom