DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Interesting. I was never that in to GL but I couldn't stand Guy Gardener :lol:

I totally get going with the character you rocked with but I didn't like it when writers at DC started playing favorites.

It was Jay and Alan who were the OG Flash and GL (I still dig his costume over the other GLs).

Guy Gardner is an acquired taste. Fully admit that I used to dislike him. He's loud, cocky, rude, confrontational, and a show off. Think that they really took a risk creating him and that such a character actually wouldn't do too well today.

Wally was always the Flash to me. The same way John Stewart was my Green Lantern. Can't help it that I was a child of the 90s and grew up with those versions. :\

Barry is definitely still the man though. Excited to see Wally brought back in the comics.

Well that's a rarity. Typically people that were reading Green Lantern in the 90s cite Kyle Rayner as their Green Lantern since he was so much more prevalent than John, in the same way that Wally was more prevalent than Jay Garrick.

That being said, Green Lantern might be the one comic property where I like all the main characters to use the mantle, from Alan Scott down to Kyle Rayner (These new guys they've brought in since the New 52 is a different story, since i've really read nothing substantial concerning them). Think that they were all written well, whereas Flash had dull as dirt Barry Allen screwing it up. And Jay wasn't much better. Thankfully Wally was interesting enough, with stories that were also great enough to pick up the slack. All the work that was put into Wally's character after Barry died, and the Flash section of the DCU in general, is some of the best the company has ever seen and allowed Wally West to be the one sidekick to take over for his mentor and thoroughly surpass him.

I wasn't reading a lot of comics back then. My introduction to superheroes were in the cartoons like X-Men, Spider-man, Batman, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, etc.

I'm not a big fan of the new Earth Lanterns either. Like how many Earth Lanterns does the sector need?

I wasn't reading a lot of comics back then. My introduction to superheroes were in the cartoons like X-Men, Spider-man, Batman, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, etc.

I'm not a big fan of the new Earth Lanterns either. Like how many Earth Lanterns does the sector need?

Makes sense.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the new guys either. First 4 made sense: Hal was the main GL, Guy was his backup. Guy was injured, thus John takes over as the backup. Hal dies, thus Kyle replaces him. And once all 4 are back on the board Geoff Johns came up with a suitable solution by leaving Hal and John on Earth and sending Kyle and Guy into space to be on the Honor Guard. At this point with 6 Lanterns it's just getting silly.

Makes sense.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the new guys either. First 4 made sense: Hal was the main GL, Guy was his backup. Guy was injured, thus John takes over as the backup. Hal dies, thus Kyle replaces him. And once all 4 are back on the board Geoff Johns came up with a suitable solution by leaving Hal and John on Earth and sending Kyle and Guy into space to be on the Honor Guard. At this point with 6 Lanterns it's just getting silly.

I know the other GL's are kind wondering why Earth got so many GL's at one point

Makes sense.

Earth has that many problems ??

Makes sense.

Earth has that many problems ??

Technically it's not just Earth. They barely ever focus on it these days, but the job of a Green Lantern is to patrol and keep peace within an entire space sector, not just on his/her own planet. The Earth Lanterns are responsible for Space Sector 2814, which last time I checked consists of over 30 planets. Which means that while these jokers are spending all their time dealing with **** going down on Earth (A planet with dozens of other heroes as it is) some poor green skinned space babe is getting brutally torn to pieces on her planet. :lol:

Yet now that I think about it, even with 6 members now the Earth Green Lanterns still don't come close to touching the amount of partners Batman has at this point :rofl:

Last edited:
bruce need to come out like Tony stark how many ******* people know he's batman at this point

It's all for the money with Bat spin-off books. I'd kill the majority of them off so fast. Even Alfred would be in a coma.

The Earth GLs all not doing their job :lol: That's like being a cop getting assigned to your own neighborhood.

It's not even that there's so many of them, it's that they don't do anything with the old ones not named Hal unless it's an event. If Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Batwoman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and whoever else can get their own series, the least they could do is let some of these Earth GL's get out of Hal's shadow.

Here's for hoping the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps series will eventually expand into giving those guys solo books. Or at least something where they're not the "and the's". :lol:

It's all for the money with Bat spin-off books. I'd kill the majority of them off so fast. Even Alfred would be in a coma.

The Earth GLs all not doing their job :lol: That's like being a cop getting assigned to your own neighborhood.

Most definitely. Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl are fine. Adds some variety to the cave in the same way that Supergirl and Superboy do for Superman, and Kid Flash and Impulse for Flash, and Aqualad and Tempest for Aquaman, etc. Nothing wrong with a few sidekicks or partners, Young Justice showed that if nothing else. Batman has over 5 though :lol: Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Batgirl, Harper Row, Duke Thomas, Spoiler, Batwoman, Cassandra Cain, and that doesn't even take into account Batman Inc (Which I guess doesn't exist anymore, but still) :smh: When you've reached the point that you can't even have all of them appear in an event together without it being crowded there's a problem. People should be able to figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman just based on the number of kids this single, rich man has taken into his home :rofl: And that doesn't even count Jason dying.

I remember there was a Silver Age story where the Guardians called Hal out on not doing his job and actually banished him from Earth for a year to monitor the rest of his sector :lol:
It's not even that there's so many of them, it's that they don't do anything with the old ones not named Hal unless it's an event. If Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Batwoman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and whoever else can get their own series, the least they could do is let some of these Earth GL's get out of Hal's shadow.

Here's for hoping the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps series will eventually expand into giving those guys solo books. Or at least something where they're not the "and the's". :lol:

I've really never understood why there isn't a solo John Stewart or Kyle Rayner series at this point. It's cool to have them appear in team books away from Hal, but if Batwoman can get her own series surely a Green Lantern can. Hell, Guy Gardner had his own series back in the 80s I think. John's popularity was at an all time high when he was featuring on Justice League. A series would've make perfect sense.

Will Smith on doing Wild Wild West

Smith said after years of Hollywood success he had lost focus and was more concerned about being a movie star than living true to his values.

“I had so much success that I started to taste global blood and my focus shifted from my artistry to winning. I wanted to win and be the biggest movie star, and what happened was there was a lag — around Wild Wild West time — I found myself promoting something because I wanted to win versus promoting something because I believed in it.”

He repeatedly brought up 1999's Wild Wild West as a personal low point. The Barry Sonnenfeld-directed film earned over $222 million worldwide.

“Smoke and mirrors in marketing and sales is over. People are going to know really quickly and globally whether a product keeps its promises,” he said, throwing his lot in amongst the roomful of advertising execs. "I consider myself a marketer. My career has been strictly being able to sell my products globally, and it's now in the hand of fans. I have to be in tune with their needs and not trick them into going to see Wild Wild West.”

“The power has gone away from the marketers," he added.

“I realized that it’s also true in the marketing of movies. Back in the '80s and '90s you had a piece of crap movie you put a trailer with a lot of explosions and it was Wednesday before people knew your movie was ****,” Smith said. “But now what happens is 10 minutes into the movie, people are tweeting ‘This is ****, go see Vin Diesel'.”

^ So what's his excuse for the past few films he's done?

laugh.gif

Wild Wild West is an okay movie for children.

Got ya giant mechanical spider, a humorous near beheading scene, and lots of shooting.

^ So what's his excuse for the past few films he's done?

:lol:
That's what I was thinking. Like he got explanations for WWW that not many are mad about but the last few movies have been clunkers and mostl all serious/sad dramas.

I guess he wants ppl to think he's all about his artistry now so we getting stuff like Tell De TRUF!

Meanwhile, Will ain't do an action or sci-fi flick since After birth Earth or Bad Boys 2 and he's barely involved with any action or sci-fi **** for one of those movies.

Last edited:
I give him a pass for After Earth because he seemed to have made that for his kid.

I don't think he's had a long string of bad films either, he's just been on hiatus of sorts.

I haven't seen COncussion but I thought Focus wasn't so bad, MIB3 was entertaining though felt somewhat dated.

Did you guys think 7 Pounds was bad? I thought it was ok and had a good story.

Hitch was good and I Robot had it's moments, wasn't the best but watchable.

BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Ultimate Cut Is Coming To Theaters For One Night Only

Warner Bros. has announced today that they're bringing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice back to the big screen for one night only later this month. However, it won't be the regular version of the divisive DC Comics adaptation; instead, they'll be showing off the highly anticipated R-Rated Ultimate Cut (which has been receiving rave reviews from those who saw a leaked version a few weeks back).

A message initially sent out on the DC All Access app reads, "As a thank you to all of the fans, Zack and the filmmakers would like to invite you to a special theatrical screening of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition." As this is a FREE event for fans taking place on June 27th, Warner Bros. isn't going to get a box office boost.

Back
Top Bottom