DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Logo and synopsis
View media item 2075871
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

View media item 2075870

and to those who can't watch vids, here's a quick recap:

It's a standalone movie titled Justice League and will have a lighter tone; it's a fun ensemble focusing on the team coming together to take on a common threat.

The movie will be heavily influenced by Jack Kirby and revolves around the quest for three Mother Boxes; one on Earth, one in Atlantis, and one in Themyscira.

Justice League takes place months after the events of Batman v Superman.

A big chunk of the movie will focus on Batman assembling the team, with Superman (sporting some longer hair) set to return a little later on.

Steppenwolf has yet to be cast and will be one of the main villains. Darkseid's influence will be felt, the Parademons will appear, and Lex Luthor may have some sort of role.

Batman will upgrade his suit and we'll see a new version of his armoured suit towards the end of the movie.

Bruce Wayne builds a jet called the "Flying Fox" for the team to use.

Batman will have a new vehicle called the "Nightcrawler" designed by his father.

Willem Dafoe is playing Vulko, a mentor to Aquaman.

Mera is a warrior and sorceress and her costume which have chainmail which blends in with her skin.

J.K. Simmons will have the classic Commissioner Gordon look.

The Flash's initial costume will be pieced together by space suits and held together by wire. However, Batman later creates a much more streamlined suit for him to wear.

Cyborg's costume will be 100% CGI.

Junkie XL is scoring the movie, but Hans Zimmer's role has yet to be confirmed.

Last edited:
:pimp: :pimp: dope

So if they haven't casted steppenwolf then he's gonna be all CGI and someone will do the voice work?

:pimp: :pimp: dope

So if they haven't casted steppenwolf then he's gonna be all CGI and someone will do the voice work?

Not necessarily, the guy could just be coming in later like Eisenbergs Lex Luthor, he doesn't start filming til August.

“They are filming (Justice League) now, and I jump in from August. I loved the character and it was the most fun I’ve ever had at playing a role, and most challenging, in a great way, and most rewarding. I would love to play it for years. The character I play is so unusual and complicated. As an actor he’s everything you’d want to do. It’s very exciting for me to play that role. And, secondarily, it’s interesting to be in these massive, high-profile movies, because all the stuff around you as an actor is really good. All the artists are really great, so you walk on to a set and it’s the most-detailed, comprehensive set, and as an actor it really fills in your imagination in a special way. You’re also acting with incredible actors. In the last movie I had lots of scenes with Holly Hunter, who has been one of my favorite actors since I was young. This all exists because this movie is so massive that they attract so many talented people, even in smaller positions. It was really special to me. The most exciting part was to play such an interesting character and I certainly hope he stays alive throughout the next few films.”

I just assume that in the set visit, they may have not seen who was casted since he wasn't there?

But then again this is Snyder so don't be surprised if Steppenwolf looks like a Death Eater or Voldemort.

JK Simmons looks like Tormund in the gym how that the classic look lol

I'm ready for the some set pics though.

From Vulture, Batman recruiting The Flash.

21-justicevulture1.nocrop.w529.h767.jpg

21-justicevulture2.nocrop.w529.h767.jpg

21-justicevulture3.nocrop.w529.h430.jpg

View media item 2075901

Speaking with press at the much-publicized Justice League set visit that occurred last week, Affleck, who is co-writing and directing the solo feature, shared a promising update on the status of his eagerly-awaited film. Read his comments below:

“I think they have a date for it. Although, I don’t know if I would necessarily be able to make that date because I don’t have a script that’s ready yet. So that’s my—my timetable is I’m not going to make a movie until there’s a script that I think is good because I’ve been on the end of the things when you make movies when you have a script that’s not good yet and it doesn’t pan out.” [laughs]

“I have a script, we’re still working on it, and I’m not happy enough with it yet to actually go out there and make a Batman movie, for which I have the highest of standards, I would say. That’s something that would have to pass a very high bar for me. It’s not just like, ‘Yeah, that might be fun, let’s go try this out.’”

Last edited:
JUSTICE LEAGUE Scene Descriptions Feature Commissioner Gordon And A Clueless Flash

FIRST SCENE:

"Standing on the dirty Gotham Police Station rooftop is Commissioner Gordon wearing a hat, tie, glasses and a long trench coat. He’s standing next to the Bat symbol and talking to Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman as smoke billows from nearby vents. As the camera slowly zooms in, I’m listening to the four of them talk about scientists disappearing. While it’s hard to figure out why they’re talking about missing scientists, it’s very much a comic book panel come to life with the way everyone is standing and framed to the camera. I’m smiling wide from ear to ear.

As I try and hear more of what they’re saying, all of a sudden Cyborg is walking across the rooftop towards our heroes saying that the head of S.T.A.R. Labs has been taken. As he gets closer he stands next to Wonder Woman and I watch as a huge smile appear on her face before turning back to the rest of the group. It seems like she’s extremely happy he’s joined them. I silently wonder if this is the first time all of these heroes have been together. As the group discusses the situation, they decide they’ll need to go somewhere to investigate. As Gordon continues to talk he turns and everyone is gone but the Flash. It’s like he didn’t get the memo that when Gordon turns to talk you need to quickly disappear. Flash says to Gordon, “Do they just do that?” Gordon says nothing as Flash speeds off. It’s funny to watch and I quickly realize the Justice League movie is going to be a lot more fun than I was expecting."

SECOND SCENE:

"Towards the end of the day Snyder showed us an edited scene from Justice League without finished effects. The scene showed Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) arriving at his apartment only to find Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) sitting in his second favorite chair. Bruce is telling Barry that he knows he’s special but doesn’t know how and Barry is trying to deflect everything being said with humor and well-written dialogue. Finally, Bruce has had enough and throws a Batarang at Barry who proceeds to slow down time using his super speed and catches the weapon. As he examines the weapon it dawns on him that Bruce is Batman. As he enters real time Bruce says, “so you’re fast.” Barry then says “so you’re Batman?” Bruce explains he’s putting together a group to battle what’s coming. Before he’s even four seconds into his pitch as to why Barry should join him Barry says, “I’m in.” Bruce is shocked and proceeds to smile, extremely surprised at what just happened. Barry then tells him “I need friends. Can I keep this?” As the scene ended all the reporters in the room were laughing. "

Last edited:
FIRST SCENE: 
"Standing on the dirty Gotham Police Station rooftop is Commissioner Gordon wearing a hat, tie, glasses and a long trench coat. He’s standing next to the Bat symbol and talking to Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman as smoke billows from nearby vents. As the camera slowly zooms in, I’m listening to the four of them talk about scientists disappearing. While it’s hard to figure out why they’re talking about missing scientists, it’s very much a comic book panel come to life with the way everyone is standing and framed to the camera. I’m smiling wide from ear to ear.

As I try and hear more of what they’re saying, all of a sudden Cyborg is walking across the rooftop towards our heroes saying that the head of S.T.A.R. Labs has been taken. As he gets closer he stands next to Wonder Woman and I watch as a huge smile appear on her face before turning back to the rest of the group. It seems like she’s extremely happy he’s joined them. I silently wonder if this is the first time all of these heroes have been together. As the group discusses the situation, they decide they’ll need to go somewhere to investigate. As Gordon continues to talk he turns and everyone is gone but the Flash. It’s like he didn’t get the memo that when Gordon turns to talk you need to quickly disappear. Flash says to Gordon, “Do they just do that?” Gordon says nothing as Flash speeds off. It’s funny to watch and I quickly realize the Justice League movie is going to be a lot more fun than I was expecting."
laugh.gif
 This sounds like a scene cut from an animated movie

yah so far those scenes looks much lighter and humorous

I bet sometime from now til the release that someone will report that those scenes are all the funny scenes in the film

Very happy that Batfleck is being very careful about the solo film.

He won't let himself take consecutive Ls. 
laugh.gif

Willem Dafoe’s Justice League Character Revealed

During a recent SR visit to the set, all was revealed. In the film, Dafoe will portray Nuidis Vulko.

Vulko might be familiar to long-time DC readers as an on-again off-again confederate of Aquaman. Initially launched in the late ’60s (in The Brave and the Bold #73), Vulko began life as the chief scientific advisor to the throne of Atlantis. An outspoken political figure, he would sometimes rule the subterranean lands in Curry’s absence. During the Bronze Age of Aquaman, the character even rebelled against Arthur Curry’s rule at one point.

Later, Vulko was killed, becoming a ghost for a time before being resurrected during the retconned New 52 (Geoff Johns’ time on the series). This reborn Vulko would betray Atlantis (for his own valid if petty reasons), leading to the surface-Atlantean war depicted in the Throne of Atlantis saga – something which could play a role in both upcoming films. In the long run, Vulko is somewhat vindicated, when he aids Aquaman in fighting the Dead King.

It’s quite possible Dafoe’s Vulko in Justice League and the Aquaman standalone will be an amalgam of the New 52 character and the Modern Age re-envisioning of the characters. In the film, Dafoe appears in a costume similar to the newer, more gladiatorial look of Aquaman and Mera – but more translucent and tattered due to time and the ravages of subaquatic life. Dafoe also sports a long silver mane and has sage, wizened quality to his character. These reports also support his role as counsel to Aquaman in the film as in the comic books.

However, in spite of his purportedly heroic role, Vulko clearly has a shady side. Whether the film version is a tried and true (if outspoken) ally to Atlantis or harbors ulterior motives remains to be seen. Dafoe’s Vullko may play an important role, driving the plots of both films, seeing as Justice League is the direct precursor to Aquaman.

Not what I was expecting the news to be, but I dig it. That logo is clean. :pimp:

It sounds like Barry is going to have a little bit of Wally's personality. :pimp:

I need to see a leaked set photo of J.K. Simmons as Commish Gordon. Especially if they're saying it's the most comic accurate film adaption of him. :nerd:

I guess the leak of the mother boxes and Steppenwolf from a while back was true. The more I hear, the more it makes sense. The Amazonian/Atlantean war angle didn't make the most sense to lead-in to Darkseid. The former sounds like a more natural and smooth transition. (Like there was actual planning, thought, and foresight. Go figure.)

It sounds reassuring and even my boy Alfred is getting in on the action. :lol:

GAME OF THRONES' Kristofer Hivju Joins JUSTICE LEAGUE As Ancient Atlantean King

According to IGN, Game of Thrones' Kristofer Hivju has joined the cast of Justice League as an ancient Atlantean king. Various reports revealed that the Atlanteans and Amazonians each took ownership of one of three Mother Boxes when they were sent to Earth, and it looks like Kristofer Hivju will be seen as the Atlantean king that will come into possession of one of those Mother Boxes. Other reports from Collider indicate that history of the three Mother Boxes will be explained in detail during the film, and Zeus will also play a role in that history.

Back
Top Bottom