DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

for those saying Green Lantern and The Batman, maybe im reading this wrong but wouldnt an event film be something along the lines of Justice League?

no, it just mean any big blockbuster films which GL and Batman would fit in

honestly it might even be a Harry Potter film as they revealed that the current series coming out is going to consist of five films

oh ok i figured an "event" would be like a big team up movie ala Age of Ultron/Civil War. either way im cool with it if its Batman.

I'm really hoping for a GL Corps ensemble type of movie with multiple GLs

Just the vibe I got from the Rouge One trailers, that gritty semi-fantastical space conflict type ****, could be so easily applied to GL, with a strong lead as Hal Jordan and a young up and comer as Jon Stewart :smh:

Maybe I'm just not that familiar with the comics anymore but when has Jon ever been a young up and comer?

Maybe the GL movie could follow Baz with all the other GL's offering guidance to him.

I mean we'll see how they handle GL.

Oh, they must've aged him up quick. In my mind Jon is just always that grizzled marine to me.

I really don't want to see him being a student of Hal.

If we're throwing John into the DCEU lets go ahead and get this scene

This is young Jon. I have this issue. IIRC he wasn't an ex-Marine, just a struggling architect.

And he talked mad ****. Hal couldn't stand his ***.

Idk sometimes I feel like JLU-inspired Marine Jon is too old and stiff. I don't mind the Marine angle itself but there's a rigidity there that I don't quite enjoy

Last edited:
If we're throwing John into the DCEU lets go ahead and get this scene

This is young Jon. I have this issue. IIRC he wasn't an ex-Marine, just a struggling architect.

And he talked mad ****. Hal couldn't stand his ***.

Idk sometimes I feel like JLU-inspired Marine Jon is too old and stiff. I don't mind the Marine angle itself but there's a rigidity there that I don't quite enjoy

You can probably find a good balance, because I enjoy the addition of his marine background quite a bit.

View media item 2201591
Good contrast to Hal, which is still used to make the character stand out more from other characters and to influence the way he handles his business. At the same time, it can be nicely contrasted with his later work as an architect (The latter of which also helps to shows that he's got a good set of brains behind his brawn)

View media item 2201593
Though to be fair, he became more serious later in his career because his overconfidence led to a planet being destroyed. That'd make me take the job more seriously too.

Another scene i'd like to see if John appears

View media item 2201595

Back
Top Bottom