DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Stephan James (from the Jesse Owens biopic) should play John Stewart if they're skewing a little younger.

My top picks would be Mahershala Ali or Idris Elba, because I think Heimdall is going to die in Ragnarok.

Idris is being wasted. He's freaking Idris Elba and they got him playing such a minor character. I dunno, maybe he signed up because it was a small role with little time commitment.

^ That's what I'm thinking.

- Followed by Geoff Johns and DCEU actors on Twitter recently.
- The studio is gearing up to produce the GLC movie now.
- Recent relationship with WB.

And he fits the look for Hal too.
Can he play Hal as well as Reynolds did?

No idea how Armie still gets roles. Dude is such a bland actor.

^ That's what I'm thinking.

- Followed by Geoff Johns and DCEU actors on Twitter recently.
- The studio is gearing up to produce the GLC movie now.
- Recent relationship with WB.

And he fits the look for Hal too.

Can he play Hal as well as Reynolds did?

No idea how Armie still gets roles. Dude is such a bland actor.

Reynolds was give-and-take. I still think he was a little too campy. It was basically the same archetype he plays in rom-coms. Hal is still a serious character, even though he's a showman and risk taker.

I agree with you on Armie though. He's kind of cardboard. The look isn't always enough. You need the personality too.

Sterling K. is good name to throw out there if they're going age appropriate.

I like Stephan James if they're going young and that may fit better with Stewart being the mentee to Hal as mentor if that movie rumor is true.

They need a try to get john boyega
Isn't Boyega already in Black Panther? :lol: or did I just assume that?

Last edited:
they prolly gonna cast him as a janitor just for the hell of it
laugh.gif

Disney has Boyega locked down for years. They won't let him go to the competitor.

I do find it interesting that Will being a bigger star is about to star in Disney's live action Dumbo movie. Similar to RDJR.

Same with Batffleck, out here working with any studio.

I do find it interesting that Will being a bigger star is about to star in Disney's live action Dumbo movie. Similar to RDJR.

Big studio = big $$$

No one wants to do indie films where they don't even have craft services on set

laugh.gif

Big studio = big $$$

No one wants to do indie films where they don't even have craft services on set

:lol:
I was talking more about certain actors sticking to certain "big" studios even when they're not under contract.

Last edited:
^ Well, it's building/maintaining the relationship. I'm sure their agents also have an existing relationship with the studios.

The Lines Are Redrawn.
Find out more 01.17.2017 #Injustice2

Last edited:
I saw that too. Something about developing a suit that he can wear for a long time without trapping all the heat inside because he can't just walk off set if he's directing.

Back
Top Bottom