DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Repped.

It happens with every Dc movie now. Dudes convince themselves the movie is horrible before even seeing it. :.yeshrug:: ''tis what it is.

It was true for BVS. Dont remember there being any bad rumor like this for SS. If anything, SS had positive buzz before release.

I heard the same back last year, somebody posted a facebook comment about BVS being trash, SS, WW, same guy said dead pool was great

Anybody have that screenshot?

Was Smallville the Ultimate Superman Story?

Know it has nothing to do with the DCEU or the DCCW, but here's an article from screenrant that I thought was interesting, since it was specifically discussing live action Superman. Generally, I think that Tom Welling is the best live action Superman we've ever had, but this article hits on a lot of other factors that went into the show's portrayal being as good as it was. These include Lois Lane, Lana Lang, the dedication to including other parts of the DC universe, an excellent portrayal of Lex Luthor from Micheal Rosenbaum, a focus on honoring the past, and managing to show just how important the Kents were to Kal-El becoming Clark Kent and Superman.

Smallville had its pros, but it definitely had its cons as well.

I found the later seasons to be really annoying. I thought it was dumb for them to have a doomsday and darkseid storyline in a smallville show. That series should have ended at like season 5.

I've never seen an episode of smallville. I constantly debate on if I wanna sit through it.

He was simpin for lana for way too long. He was such a chump. It did give us the awesome cape gif.

103561-smallville-smallvilles-cape.gif

Last edited:
Yeah Lana was koo for the HS crush story arch, but then that storyline got dragged out way too long too.

I remember thinking the female that played Lois could get it though :evil:

Nah. I'm not buying into these rumors again. I'll judge when I see the movie. My hype level for WW and JL is still through the roof. Just need that trailer....

Repped.

It happens with every Dc movie now. Dudes convince themselves the movie is horrible before even seeing it. :.yeshrug:: ''tis what it is.
I mean if there was no truth to it I wonder why this never happens to other comicbook movies.

I found the later seasons to be really annoying. I thought it was dumb for them to have a doomsday and darkseid storyline in a smallville show. That series should have ended at like season 5.
You know that may have been two of their bigger mistakes when dealing with a villain that would last for an entire season but I feel they learned their lesson after Doomsday which is why Darkseid was not depicted and Lionel was not possessed by him for the whole season.

Brainiac depiction though >>>>>>>

Oh absolutely. It wasn't perfect by any means. Really, I don't know a show that runs for 10 seasons that is. But when it was good, it was really good.The Doomsday storyline I could have done without. I'd even say the same for Darkseid. Zod and Braniac though? Both handled well in my opinion. And, of course, Lex Luthor was perfect. I think that they went further beyond the original premise than they needed to, which naturally led to them bringing in more and more villains, such as Doomsday and Darkseid. Those characters, as nice as it was to see them referenced and depicted, probably should be restricted to the big screen.

Yeah Lana was koo for the HS crush story arch, but then that storyline got dragged out way too long too.

I remember thinking the female that played Lois could get it though :evil:

Agreed. I actually like how the relationship was handled in the early seasons. The actress did a good job and had good chemistry with Welling, but the writers clearly loved her too much and couldn't figure out when it was time to write her out of the story and keep her out.

It should do well box office wise.

But since it is the female led film and some ppl are just against that of the movie is bad it could effect the box office more and ppl will harp on that.

I know some bias ppl want to believe others want to hate the movie before they see it and others are on some I'll see it for myself to decide but truth is nobody wants a movie to get ******* on in anyway and that includes RT.

Its bettter when there's good early feedback. That's how a studio establishes a positive brand, goodwill and a reputation for quality.

it happens to Fox

:lol:
That's a more recent thing I feel.

Like nobody was foretelling doom for First Class and DofP early on. Unless I'm forgetting something other than ppl dreading Singer.

There just happened to be some suspect things about Apocalypse we saw that we couldn't ignore and legit info on F4.

Plus my whole thing is what's said beforehand pans out. Its not some routine let's create bad I'll will. The movies end up as bad or worse than what was hinted.

Wish I had some of that for the Thor movies.

Last edited:
It didn't apply to you. You're DC's number 1 fan.
Doesn't matter if i'm a big fan or not. These rumors are just that......rumors. I come from the school of thought that one judges a movie simply by seeing it for one's self. I don't let others form an opinion or judgement for me. 

Last edited:
I just want WW and Aquaman to be good. If jl ends up being a crapshow i'll be aight with it.

Back
Top Bottom