DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

The article says Ben and the execs aren't happy with the script. What the hell does that even mean? I always thought it would be tug and pull between Ben and the execs.

I think it just means it's not fully there yet. You know how artists and creative people can be. Ben wants it to be better than perfect because of the position the detractors and media have put him in. Is it really that bad that he is humbling himself and seeking out help from other talented people? Just let the man live and make a movie.

The article says Ben and the execs aren't happy with the script. What the hell does that even mean? I always thought it would be tug and pull between Ben and the execs.

I think it just means it's not fully there yet. You know how artists and creative people can be. Ben wants it to be better than perfect because of the position the detractors and media have put him in. Is it really that bad that he is humbling himself and seeking out help from other talented people? Just let the man live and make a movie.
But he's not making the movie anymore

Batman-Sad-In-The-Rain-Reaction-Gif.gif

Last edited:
"Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world."

"Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world."

I read them words and all I see is WB PR moves trying to save themselves :smh:

Last edited:
These guys are trying to do the right thing and you guys keep perpetuating this doom and gloom. If Ben wants to seek more talent for help, let that boy cook instead of exhausting himself by wearing too many hats.

Flash script page one rewrite is the best decision if they're going to get a new director instead of having someone Mickey Mouse together the scraps of the last guys.

If you've already decided it's over, why keep coming back?

I'm a Raiders fan bruh. Even when I know it's Doom & Gloom I'm still there on game day :smh:

Suicide Squad cut me deep y'all. Cut me real deep.

I read them words and all I see is WB PR moves trying to save themselves :smh:

This is why Ben is sick of y'all and the media. There's literally nothing he could of said for people to believe in him. He's trying to recruit help and make it easier to succeed.

C'mon dude. Don't be so naive.

Here's a timeline from Ben:

-Working on the script and it's great.
-i may back out if it's not good.
-what? Of course I'm directing and writing Batman.
-I'm not directing Batman.

Paraphrasing of course, but that's all the news from The Batman during the last month or so. Trust that I want this to be great, but all the signs are there for me to be worried about this ****.

And I've actually enjoyed most DCEU movies, hell I actually really liked MoS. But something about this just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
All he's doing is getting help. He wants a good director that he can hold to the same high standard as himself to help take some of this colossal weight off his shoulders. He isn't going anywhere and it sounds like he still wants to make a great Batman flick.

He never said he was backing out. He just said he's not making a wack script. When it's right, they'll start making it. He just had to dumb it down so people couldn't keep skewing his words. He's still Batman.

I swear Ben's going to snap about this just like he did when Bill asked him about Deflategate on his show. :smh: :lol:

These guys are trying to do the right thing and you guys keep perpetuating this doom and gloom. If Ben wants to seek more talent for help, let that boy cook instead of exhausting himself by wearing too many hats.

Flash script page one rewrite is the best decision if they're going to get a new director instead of having someone Mickey Mouse together the scraps of the last guys.

Stop trying to da Vinci code this b.

Let ppl feel how they feel and think what they think.

Trying to convince ppl that this is a good thing is not going work immediately after the announcement. Save the rationalizations for a week from now when the next rumor drops.

Only way the tide changes if they get a truly great director. Truly great.

Right now is a time to morn Batffleck directing a Batffleck movie.

I bet the next movie he stars in and directs gets another Oscar nom though.

All he's doing is getting help. He wants a good director that he can hold to the same high standard as himself to help take some of this colossal weight off his shoulders. He isn't going anywhere and it sounds like he still wants to make a great Batman flick.

He never said he was backing out. He just said he's not making a wack script. When it's right, they'll start making it. He just had to dumb it down so people couldn't keep skewing his words. He's still Batman.

I swear Ben's going to snap about this just like he did when Bill asked him about Deflategate on his show. :smh: :lol:
If you read in to it like that it just sounds like he's putting way too much pressure on himself. WAY TOO MUCH.

Nolan aint have these problems and he had no shame giving us w/e TDKR was suppose to be.

Last edited:
If you read in to it like that it just sounds like he's putting way too much pressure on himself. WAY TOO MUCH.

Only way the tide changes if they get a truly great director. Truly great.

You're already setting the bar too high. The guy who directed Scooby Doo made a great Marvel movie, but Batman needs to get Scorsese to change the tide. :rofl:

Last edited:
i was never too hype about the direction this movie was headed in anyways. Deathstroke as a major villain had me concerned.

An epic Batman film is already present in the comics. Here is an idea I came up with ( long read):

Structure the film like CW did with Arrow. Make the first film pre Batman vs Superman, told through mainly flashbacks. The Red Hood story would be perfect(with a few changes)
With each encounter of the Red Hood, something about it triggers a flashback. We see Bruce take in and train **** Grayson to become a sidekick, only for **** to leave and go out on his own to become Nightwing.(potential for a Nightwing film later and THIS is where you would want to use Deathstroke). We see Bruce's first meeting with Jason Todd, and his eventual death at the hands of Joker and Harley(per the Suicide Squad film she was present), hence the Robin Memorial in the cave (tying back to BvS). We see Barbara as batgirl briefly(which she could then be fleshed out a little more in Sirens), the Killing Joke incident (iconic Batman moment), The Red Hood and Batman fight, but he escapes, and Batman fails. This is the Batman's descent into darkness and being the D**k that he was in BVS( Which would be the reason that the tone of that film is so dark and gritty, we have been told we are seeing the universe through Bruce's perspective thus far)

Part two of the film can be post BVS and Justice League. With this new restored hope in humanity (as we have seen in the official description of Justice League), Bruce entertains the idea of taking on a new sidekick. Intro Tim Drake. Barbara becomes Oracle, **** comes around again. All of this happens just in time, because the Red Hood is back, and this time he has enlisted the help of Deadshot (Will Smith Cameo). Joker and Harley use this as an opportunity to cause havoc in Gotham. The rest of the story writes itself pretty much. You have an amazing scene at the end where Jason Todd reveals himself, in front of Joker and Batman both, and makes up a story abou this death and resurrection( havent figured out how to make that make sense within this universe , even though magic has been used in Suicide Squad), and how really, they are both his "father".

Sorry it was so long, my point is, an epic story is there. That story i just thought up in 5 mins or less could:

Introduce Barbara, ****, Jason, Tim

Tie in to the Sirens film

Further develop Batman

Give us a new property in Nightwing, and give us either Teen Titans or a Titans film

Bring back Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, reinforce Suicide Squad.

Shed some light on BVS.

the same guys at the forefront of the negativity.

no point in arguing with them b.

some people just like to watch the dc world burn

Well dc is the one lighting the fires. It is nice to see that they want to be more prepared after starting off unprepared. With suicide squad they were like you got 6 weeks to write a script and it worked out for them box office wise.

People act like it's hard to be negative or people just want to bash DC in general(maybe some) but in this case it's well warranted.

Ben's track record as a director rivals anybody's in either the MCU or the DCEU
-gone baby gone
-the town
-Argo
-Live by night

sure the last one failed but that's on the box office front, could've been a great flick. Besides "Live by Night" you got a best picture winner in Argo a best picture nominee in Gone Baby Gone which I also think got an acting Nod for one of the stars and The Town which I know nabbed Renner a supporting Nom. While I understand people are trying to be optimistic, you have to be realistic and realistically whoever they bring in, will not be anywhere as good as Affleck. The crazy thing is this guy is directing quality movies and also starring in them(besides Gone Baby Gone)
It also doesn't help that even with JL coming out the only bright spot people are looking forward too is WW, as the SAVIOUR of this universe, not the movie with the JUSTICE LEAGUE, Wonder Woman...that should say something in itself

Also can we stop blaming fanboys, you really think someone like Ben, who was ridiculed for DD and still is, even when his casting was announced for Batman is going to let that get to him? It's ok to be positive, optimistic, whatever but let's not get so desperate that we ignore obvious truths to a plan that has already gotten off to a very shaky start to begin with, with no solid movie that can defend it's flaws and mistakes. It's so bad that we have to actually look into a future movie for hope.

all I know is right now
-WW is in post and we all know how editing is one of the biggest crutches for the universe
-JL comes after that, directed by Snyder, who said if batman and Superman are in their costumes talking too long, it gets pretty silly, as well as editing issues this is his THIRD movie he's directing in this universe

- The Flash is trying to rebuild itself as we speak to get going

I really hope they let Wan do his thing, because it would suck if the 2 releases that come out are still MEH, with the same problems and then we have to look to Aquaman as the Savior, it really would

Ok, I got all my negativity out, I'm gonna try to stay positive and optimistic and not try to be one of the people that bring this thread down

starting next week, because this still burns man :smh:

and like everyone else or the majority I want that classic DC film man, a film that does ONE, just ONE character the credit they deserve on the big screen. I mean in the blink of an eye the movie I wasn't even worried about became the movie I'am most worried about

Last edited:
Gavin O'Connor is gonna get the gig. He did the Accountant with Ben and is good with action.

I see names like Matthew Vaughn, George Miller, Denis Villenueve and David Yates being thrown around :lol: don't get your hopes up

any "big name" director will just delay the film another year then bounce after the studio doesn't conform to their vision

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom