DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I'm sure they wanted an inclusive JL. He is still a prominent modern D.C. hero to younger audiences. Dude has been in both versions of teen titan and Smallville. This wasn't a recent thing to raise his profile.

To me he was more TT than anything and now it's like they changed his personality to bring him to JL. The most popular version was cartoon and that version is even far different personality wise.

But again like I said there isn't any other black character that was more popular or deserving. Thwybdidnt choose Cyborg cuz of Cyborg th2y chose him cuz he was all they had of existing characters and they probably weren't going to race change an A-lister.

Last edited:
Cyborg being in the Teen Titans wasn't to raise his profile though (No more than it was the Teen Titans in general at least). He got placed there for the same reason Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire did, which is because the New Teen Titans is easily the most successful and popular version of the team to ever exist. All four characters were then a part of that incarnation. The show just reworks that basic lineup, losing a few other key characters, like Wally West and Donna Troy. Cyborg is also similar to Martian Manhunter, in that his character is basically a constant of the Teen Titans franchise since that period, being in damn near every rotation of the team after that. Those are things about the character that make putting him on that team obvious, in the same way that you'd naturally put Robin on the team, since being leader of that team is a large part of his background/fame. Cyborg on a Teen Titans show isn't anything but what you'd expect, because he's a core TT character. Him on the Justice League though is something else entirely, a break from the norm, and a clear attempt to raise his profile. Especially when it happens across the board.

I'll repeat myself but I would've respected the initiative more if they just created a new black magic based character and worked on that character the past 6-7 years. An added plus if it's a female.

That's what the JL team lacks. Could even form a connection to JLD.

Nothing about Cyborg on his own pre-retcons scream yeah this guy needs to make the jump to the elite team of DC. Son was created before Robocop and the Borg but they are more popular or more threatening.

Now I'm looking at movie stills and promo posters and set pics getting the same feeling when I see him I got fro. Ryan Reynolds GL.

Same, especially on the female point. I was also arguing a few weeks ago that Vixen fits both as an African American and as a second female on the team, which it could also use. Plus, she's got an interesting power set. Wouldn't have minded seeing her get a greater push over the last few years. Though I still think that they really could have tapped into the John Stewart/Hawkgirl popularity that's left over from JL/JLU. Couldn't expect John to get that kind of shine with Geoff Johns running things at DC though.

Last edited:
Cyborg Confirmed as the Third Mother Box in ‘Justice League’

Way back in Batman v. Superman, some plot stuff was introduced that may have been overshadowed by… all the other weird things that happened in that movie. BvS introduced the Mother Boxes, devices that act like super-supercomputers in possession of fantastic powers and abilities. Three Mother Boxes are hidden away on Earth: one under the sea with the Atlanteans, one with the Amazons, and one with humankind. Turns out, Cyborg, the half-human half-machine member of the team, has been confirmed as one of the Mother Boxes in Justice League.

If you know his history in the comics, this shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. The latest issue of Total Film (via Reddit) confirms that that scene in BvS where we saw Cyborg’s mechanical bits seemingly constructing themselves is the Mother Box at work. Dr. Silas Stone, desperate to save his son after an accident, uses something called “U.S. Gov Object 6-19-82,” which, as it turns out, is the third Mother Box.

Why are they important? Because of Darkseid, of course. The big guy won’t be in Justice League (as far as we know), but the villain Steppenwolf (who has been confirmed for the movie) is searching for the Mother Boxes on Darkseid’s behalf. They’re objects of incredible power, so of course a creature who wants to rule the universe would covet them. And this means that Cyborg is crucial to the plot of Justice League, which will be neat, since we haven’t seen much of him yet aside from that one short scene.

Justice League hits theaters November 17.

Read More: Cyborg Confirmed as the Third Mother Box in ‘Justice League’ | http://screencrush.com/cyborg-mother-box-justice-league/?trackback=tsmclip

Dont think it showed him fuse with it. Think it just showed the box giving him limbs and all. Article telling us that he becomes the holder of it.

The Batman: Warner Bros. Reportedly Seeking New Script & Creative Team

“…the project will undergo substantial changes and possible/probably another full rewrite. Warner Bros. is already speaking to several filmmakers about taking over in the director’s chair — including one of my personal longtime favorites to direct a Batman movie, Matt Reeves, who seems to be the frontrunner — and word is the project will essentially get a fresh start once a new creative team has been put together.”

http://screenrant.com/batman-new-sc...l-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=list

Filming wouldn't even happen until this summer anyway. On the WB release schedule. They have December 25, 2018 and April 2019 open. One of those dates has to be JL 2. And the other Batman

Or they could bump aquaman feom ovtober 2018 and move him to 2019

Last edited:
Filming wouldn't even happen until this summer anyway. On the WB release schedule. They have December 25, 2018 and April 2019 open. One of those dates has to be JL 2. And the other Batman

Or they could bump aquaman feom ovtober 2018 and move him to 2019

bump the Cyborg film forward

BOOYAH!

The Original Script For THE BATMAN Reportedly Featured The Joker And Several Other Villains

With this in mind, Forbes has published an extensive novel report on what they reckon has been going on behind the scenes. Quite a lot of it seems like pure speculation, but they do also cite sources for a couple of intriguing details about the original draft of the script, which is now set to undergo rewrites (or could possibly be scrapped altogether) from Chris Terrio.

Here's an excerpt:

"The story for The Batman originally included the assassin Deathstroke as a main villain, with Joe Manganiello cast in the role, as well as a few other likely villainous appearances by characters including the Joker, according to sources familiar with the project. Jared Leto, who portrayed the Joker in Suicide Squad, has for months expressed his displeasure about the removal of substantial portions of his performance from the final cut of the film, raising questions about whether he would return to the role in future movies. He seems to have softened his stance lately and appears interested in a possible return, but whether he will ultimately be part of The Batman or Gotham City Sirens remains to be seen."

View media item 2326654

Last edited:
The more I read about it the more it seems like he's going to just star in this solo, do the other JL movie and dip on the DCEU.

I mean now he's no longer writing. Bringing in others for complete re-writes and fresh starts.

Its crazy how doing all 4 of those things is the excuse but Ben literally did all that for like the last 4 movies he's directed.

Eh too much pressure. Dude would have to do a ton of research on his character and others to try and make the character justice, plus get into character and have to direct others.

Seems too much. I still don't know why they had to make Bruce old. Like why the grey hairs?
Ben doesn't even have a lot of grey in him.

Back
Top Bottom